How many miles do you think you've driven throughout your whole career

Yes I really am that bored. Anyway I was filling my timesheet earlier and while filling out today’s mileage (no idea why they ask for it) I wondered just how many miles I’ve driven throughout my commercial driving career.

I’ve been at it for around 10 years now and I reckon I’ve done somewhere around the 500,000 mile mark. So I really have been to the moon and back.

So come on then, let’s see who’s done the most miles!

Edit: title should read “whole career” at the end. I’m unable to edit it

talknonsense:
Yes I really am that bored. Anyway I was filling my timesheet earlier and while filling out today’s mileage (no idea why they ask for it) I wondered just how many miles I’ve driven throughout my commercial driving career.

I’ve been at it for around 10 years now and I reckon I’ve done somewhere around the 500,000 mile mark. So I really have been to the moon and back.

You’ve only been doing locals then

robthedog:

talknonsense:

Either that or my adding up isn’t great

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

talknonsense:

500,000 over 10 years?
Your way off being a truck driver on that mileage, thats average out at 192 miles a day.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

After 35 years reckon about 2.5 million.worked for a quarry on the west of scot!and doing roughly 1500 miles a week on local. Done distance for a number of years prior now driving bin lorries a nice 37 hour week :smiley: cheers ray

stargazer148:
After 35 years reckon about 2.5 million.

Sounds about right, on distance work you normally do around 120,000 km or 75,000 miles a year so 35 years of that comes to 2,625,000.

robthedog:

talknonsense:

Done more miles in reverse! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

stargazer148:

Sounds about right, on distance work you normally do around 120,000 km or 75,000 miles a year so 35 years of that comes to 2,625,000.

Reasonable.
48 by 5 day weeks makes that about 300miles or-so-ish daily.
I took over an F10 on euro work at one year old, it had 210,000km on it. Still on T.2s at that time, so I’d say that was going some.
I certainly never matched that.
I would imagine some of our North American and Aussie TNUK members could easily do loads more.

5 years of local work followed by 40 years of long distance, so probably around 3,250,000 miles. In the year since retiring I’ve done more miles on my bicycle than I’ve driven!!

lizard:

talknonsense:

500,000 over 10 years?
Your way off being a truck driver on that mileage, thats average out at 192 miles a day.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I worked it out at 230 ish working days in a year. With a Conservative average of 250 miles a day it comes up at about 580,000 miles. Nowadays I do a lot more than that per day, other jobs in the past a bit less…

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Over 40 years of driving including 10 years on RT’s in Oz and 5 years of Trans-Intercontinental work from the UK, plus 25 years of being based in The Highlands - where everything is 100 miles from everything else…

Fluck only knows and I’m sort of terrified to even think about how big a number it could be!

Can we assume the answer is probably Many Squared?

I’ve done about 98 147 mls :blush: ; 15.8 in reverse, 10 of these in a single day (jk)

Harry Monk:

stargazer148:

Night trunking was usually around 400 miles, sometimes a bit more, in a shift.
5 nights per week.Did that for most of my 15 years on it.
10 years of more local work before that.

There’s a mid 1980’s Freight liner doing Sydney to Perth trunking with a big Cat engine that I read about few years ago that had over 10 million K’s on the clock , I think the current driver had done 8 or 9 years of it !
He must be up there on the leader board…

3 wheeler:
There’s a mid 1980’s Freight liner doing Sydney to Perth trunking with a big Cat engine that I read about few years ago that had over 10 million K’s on the clock , I think the current driver had done 8 or 9 years of it !
He must be up there on the leader board…

285,000 kliks a year?
4,000km each way? (Londo to Moscow 3,000km)
36 round trips year?
Does he take a flask of tea and a packed lunch?

Approx 1 & a half million so far I reckon.

The older guys, esp euro long haul & USA & Oz prob looking at 4mill plus by retirement 5mill not a daft figure.

I’ll just work it out.

Oh hang on a minute I’ve just realised.

I don’t ■■■■ care ! :neutral_face:

robroy:
I’ll just work it out.

I don’t [zb] care ! :neutral_face:

But care enough to post on the thread? You need to seriously work on your nonchalance skills

been driving 23 years now .
averaging about 2500 kms / week so
2500 x 46 weeks a year to allow for holidays etc = 115000 kms per year x 23 years = 2645000 kms =1643526 miles .
its 238,855 miles to the moon so a round trip is 477710 miles so Ive been to the moon and back 5 and a half times . lol

switchlogic:

robroy:
I’ll just work it out.

I don’t [zb] care ! :neutral_face:

But care enough to post on the thread? You need to seriously work on your nonchalance skills

I can’t be arsed, as I’m not really interested in nonchalance one way or the other. :smiley: