How many driving jobs you had

just had a thought . i met a guy last night at somerfield huntsworth who said i am finishing with this crowd tomorrow due to having to wait 3 hours to tip i thought and said to him its a bit severe isnt it ?and he replied i dont stay with anyone where i get messed around !!! and stated he has had 37 jobs in 5 years of driving !!!

me personally have only worked for 1 firm and 1 agency and still work for them both

I have only had one driving job for 33 years, but worked for loads of different companies :stuck_out_tongue:

37 jobs in 5 years yea right sounds like drivers ■■■■■■■■ to me!!!

37 driving jobs! That`ridiculas. I’m still on my 1st and so long I’m getting paid I don’t mind being messed about.

37!!! Bugger, he gets about. 4 jobs in 8 years, present job included.

that was what he said and the guy from the same firm said yes please !!! said he had been there 3 weeks and threatened to leave on monday because his unit wasnt there !!!

A hell of a lot I dont take too much excretia from bosses I tend ti just walk rather than argue I hate confrontation.

jez just re-read my CV since i past my test in 81witch was also on christmas eve :bulb: ive had 10 driving and 1 non driving job dosen’t time fly :exclamation:

ive had my own business for 7 years . he as had more jobs than me in 20 years driving ,
im on the lookout now as had to shut up .

jammymutt:
A hell of a lot I dont take too much excretia from bosses I tend ti just walk rather than argue I hate confrontation.

STOPPIT JAMMY!!! You’ve got me laughin now! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In the exact year Ive been driving ive had 1 PT driving job, a shot by the father in law to help out the bro in law and my crrent FT employment that I have been in since Marc 08… Although I have driven 14 diff lorries in that year :smiley:

Two driving jobs in 27 years for me, heck, we sometimes sat for 3 hours at the tarmac plant waiting to be loaded then maybe the same or longer when we all got to the site at the same time AND we were paid on earnings. Impatient little soul 'aint he!

Pete.

3 hours wait!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

hell what would he do having to wait 5 DAYS just to cross a border and thats on a good week!!

I’ve had about 12 jobs in 23yrs on the road, 2 were for career changes (road tester & salesman) The rest were chopping & changing between UK & continental mostly.

The only one I’ve ever left because it was crap was the one before my current job & that was only turned into a bad job by some know it all ex driver who got promoted & felt he had to leave his mark, he certainly did that as approx 50 drivers have left because of his actions :unamused:

Started working with my company when i was 19 years old,
Was king of the road driving about in my transit luton box van (reg no.C60 TSO)
mostly local work glasgow and edinburgh etc … thought i was going on long distance trip when i went to newcastle :blush:
Will be my 39th birthday in a few weeks,
February 2009 i will be celebrating 20 years in the job… :open_mouth:

2 jobs 4 years only reason i changed was to do international… would go bak to old firm tomrrow if they asked me to run europe all the time

I know plenty of drivers (in oz) who will just say to hell with you jack, theres a job down the road for me if i need it tomorrow, stuff it.

But these are usually experienced operators who have been around the traps long enough to know when theyre onto a bad wicket and know for sure that the grass is greener on the other sider, AND most likely have the contacts to get to that greener grass if needs be.

On the other side of it, I know plenty of drivers who WILL take the crap and be treated like a piece of the stuff on the shoe.

Me personally, I’ll let them try and fire the crap at me, and then I’ll stand up for myself, itd take a lot to make me walk away, but I’d do it if felt I had to do it to keep my pride, or even possibly better myself.

i’ve lost count
but i had a good long spell at Lightloads in Leam Spa
and nigh on ten years at Paul Martin transport in Cov

In 38 years I’ve had 6 driving jobs in between other things I did.

I reckon with 35 jobs under his belt we’ve probably all met him at some point :slight_smile:
3 hours wait - I’ve sat longer than that in queue on motorway!

ive only had one full time hgv driving job, he got told where to stick it though due to the way he ran the company.

but ive worked for lots of different companies, only other full time driving job ive had was with HDNL but that was only 4 months at xmas, still i made nearly 12 in that 4 months lol.