How many jobs have you had?

I was parked in the yard last night and got chatting to a couple of our drivers, one of whom is quite new and inevitably talk turned to work and what this guy had done before. He proceeds to tell us that he’s 59 and has had about 50 driving jobs!

I thought I’d had a lot of jobs but he makes me look like a long term employee of everywhere I’ve worked!

How many jobs have you had??

50 Jobs !!! Nah that can’t be true, let’s say 46 years driving at most thats more than 1 a year, should have asked him how many times he has been sacked, he’s CV must look like war and peace :open_mouth:

It is possible as there are a lot of ■■■■ companies to work for out there…

I’ve had 7 jobs in 11 years plus odd weeks in between on agency. Was rather hot headed when younger and used to take no ■■■■. Just think of the bills now :unamused:

In 25 years of driving for a living I’ve had 8. The longest being 12 years the shortest 6 months. Now on the lookout for number 9.

In 12 years driving! I’ve had 4 jobs including the one I’m doing now! :laughing:

Perhaps a more interesting question would be “how many jobs” with “professional driver” being one job, regardless of how many firms you’ve done it for.

I don’t even score into double digits, so let’s here a tale from someone else. :unamused:

24 Years working 17 jobs :frowning:
but 6 of them were short contracts before the age of 21 , longest i’ve been in 1 job is 7yrs, But i get bored quickly :slight_smile:

Held my lgv licence for about a year now and had 3 driving jobs … First was a temp contract, second was just a disgrace lol and the 3rd (current) is really good. Can see my self staying for a long time :slight_smile:

In my entire working life I’ve had 4 employed job and 1 self employed venture that one only lasted about a year.

I’ve had 7 full time jobs in 20 years, plus a stint with a couple of agencies after I got my licence, longest was 7 years and shortest 3 months

About 25 in 16 years. Sacked or walked from about 15 of them. My current job with a well known Irish firm has lasted 15 months now, which is a record for me, not including agencys.

20 in 50yrs was with one firm 3 times,A devil for punishment. Eddie.

I’ve had 3 non - driving jobs and 14 “proper” driving jobs.
Plus countless agency jobs inbetween.
I hope the current job is the last one!

3 jobs in 43yrs present one for 35yrs :open_mouth:

Been working nearly 31 yrs and never been out of work (touch wood) and have had 6 jobs the longest being nearly 17 yrs.

2 many ■■■■■■■ jobs why can’t the employers just get it right? :laughing:

Ive had 4 in 3 months, since being made redundant!!!

pavaroti:
My current job with a well known Irish firm has lasted 15 months now,

Whos that, Nolans?

Since leaving school in 1984 have had a total of 4 jobs-M & A Roadways/McKellar Trucking/Fieldings & now Culina

in 6 years iv had my licence iv had 8 jobs couple were tempory and 1 got shut down by vosa!