Volunteering during weekly rest period

Not sure of the rules in this but, I’ve been considering for several years to volunteer the odd day here and there (probably 5 or 6 days a year) at a preserved railway near to me and I was wondering how it would affect my weekend rest period.
Can anyone help please and point me in the right direction.
Thankyou.

Sent using smoke signals

It wouldn’t. You are disposing of your time entirely as you wish.

If you worked part time on your days off. For a supermarket in a pub etc. And was being paid then yes it would interfere with your weekly rest.

But volunteering doing your.hobbies. Or what ever in your own.time doesn’t affect your weekly rest.

Your weekly rest isn’t there for.you just sleep.and.do nothing

It’s for.you to do what ever you like away from your place of work

It sounds like a hobby to me, unpaid, so it’s got ■■■■ all to do with VOSA.
Just because you drive a truck for a living, they don’t own you, you know. :unamused:

Thanks for the replies so far. I was concerned because, even thou it is volunteering, and is unpaid, it is still for an organisation that is a charity but wasn’t sure of the legalities of it with weekend break.
I’m looking at becoming a member of the group, to be able to volunteer for insurance purposes, and wanted check it all out before parting with my money.

Sent using smoke signals

I volunteer with the Downpatrick and County Down railway. Go for it and sod VOSA, downrail.co.uk/news/

I knew somebody who got run over by a steam train.

He was chuffed to bits.

Harry Monk:
I knew somebody who got run over by a steam train.

He was chuffed to bits.

His brother was found dead in an ice cream van covered in crushed nuts and strawberry sauce.

They reckon he topped himself…

I’m meeting my boss the weekend for lunch and a catch up we might end up talking about the job you know how it is this and that
Do i need to log it as other work im really getting panic stages in thinking about it, will i get caught if i don’t log it and what will be the penalty
Thanks

Why would even worry about it do what you want whats it got to do with them

Does the choo choo have a tacho ? if it does you are screwed.

Bigtruck3:
I’m meeting my boss the weekend for lunch and a catch up we might end up talking about the job you know how it is this and that
Do i need to log it as other work im really getting panic stages in thinking about it, will i get caught if i don’t log it and what will be the penalty
Thanks

Yeh but…will he be picking you up, and will he be in his car or the work`s van ?, and will you have enough time left on your spread-over ■■...don’t forget to do a manual before & after FFS… :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:

Bigtruck3:
Thanks

Yeh but…will he be picking you up, and will he be in his car or the work`s van ?, and will you have enough time left on your spread-over ■■...don’t forget to do a manual before & after FFS… :unamused:

Thanks for that i was starting to get cold sweats and thinking weird thoughts