Weekly rest periods

Advice please…

Starting on Friday 25th November I have taken a
24 hour break on Sunday 27th.
Then back in the UK took a 45 from Sat 3rd Dec to Monday 5th Dec
Then took a 24hr on Thursday 8th Dec .
Back in the UK Monday 12th Dec and am now on a 45hr.
On Monday was checked by Vosa and told I have to take a minimum 66hr break this week to compensate for the reduced weekly rest.
All my driving times , working times etc were ok but he said 24 hour weekly rest has to be compensated by the end of a 3 week period.
I was always off for the weekends but have changed jobs and am now having to drive in the weekends.
I take it the Vosa guy knows what he is talking about ■■?

Yep, he’s right, because unless your weekend break on the weekend of the 3rd was 66hrs long then you haven’t compensated for your first 24hrs weekly.

Also you’ll have to compensate again in the next 2 week for your 24hrs last week

No weekend break on 3rd was 46 hours as had to make ferry that evening. I had better start keeping a diary as its easy to lose track of times taken.

Marcelleke:
I take it the Vosa guy knows what he is talking about ■■?

No, he doesn’t. :cry: :wink:

You are on a 45 now but you could start another 45 before the end of this week and count the current 45 as a reduced of 24 hours plus the 21 hours compensation you owe. Or you could count the current 45 as your rest for this week then later in the week take a 30 hour rest which would be a 9 hour daily rest plus the 21 hours you owe. So yes he is right you have to make the compensation before the end of this week but you do not necessarily have to take a 66 hour rest.

Marcelleke:

were you off work before friday 25th nov?

ROG:

Marcelleke:

No in a different job where I only worked Monday to Friday and driving times were less than 5hrs a day. Am back on continental transport now.

ROG:

Marcelleke:

If he had been VOSA wouldn’t have pointed out he needed to compensate this week.