Less than professional driver

M6 last night about midnight I was following a truck in lane 1 of 4, his brake lights go on and off quite a few times and he’s slowing down so I move to overtake. I see then he’s about 1 car length from a car in front of him, the motorway is almost empty by the way. Brake lights keep coming on. We are approaching junction 12 so I think well he’s not overtaking because he’s coming off here. Car driver signals and comes off then he just carries on. He’s got 3 empty lanes 2 of which he’s allowed to use yet he chooses to drive dangerously close to a car that is driving at 50mph. Is he just brain dead or inept at driving to a point where he can’t check his mirrors, signal and change lanes then either push a pedal or use his finger on the cruise control button to accelerate?

:unamused:

Rowley010:
M6 last night about midnight I was following a truck in lane 1 of 4, his brake lights go on and off quite a few times and he’s slowing down so I move to overtake. I see then he’s about 1 car length from a car in front of him, the motorway is almost empty by the way. Brake lights keep coming on. We are approaching junction 12 so I think well he’s not overtaking because he’s coming off here. Car driver signals and comes off then he just carries on. He’s got 3 empty lanes 2 of which he’s allowed to use yet he chooses to drive dangerously close to a car that is driving at 50mph. Is he just brain dead or inept at driving to a point where he can’t check his mirrors, signal and change lanes then either push a pedal or use his finger on the cruise control button to accelerate?

I really struggle to understand the mindset of these morons. Most of them must be braindead however I think there are some that just love to be the big bully boy in their big truck.
They seem to think they own the road. Strange thing is in the few occassions when you actually come face to face with them they suddenly become a bit wimpish. :unamused:

jakethesnake:

Rowley010:

I really struggle to understand the mindset of these morons. Most of them must be braindead however I think there are some that just love to be the big bully boy in their big truck.
They seem to think they own the road. Strange thing is in the few occassions when you actually come face to face with them they suddenly become a bit wimpish. :unamused:

It like the Aldi driver who also last night must have been driving with scania eco roll with no thought to anything else and incapable of pushing his pedals. He slows down in front of me, I start an overtake, he then speeds up on the hill, and just leaves me out there unit it to unit matching my speed.

Yawn

Here we go again Trucknets newest double act Rowley and Jake :sunglasses: …, Morecambe and Wise or the Chuckle brothers? discuss :laughing:
Both turning over non events in a Derek and Clive stylee, :smiley: that all of us see a hundred times everyday and just shake our heads and tut about, …but why settle for that when an in depth debate can be an alternative.

Anybody hurt?
Any scrapes or collisions?
Any dangerous near misses ?
Anybody killed?
No?
Then just move on.
Not worth bothering about chaps.

Rowley010:

jakethesnake:

Rowley010:

It like the Aldi driver who also last night must have been driving with scania eco roll with no thought to anything else and incapable of pushing his pedals. He slows down in front of me, I start an overtake, he then speeds up on the hill, and just leaves me out there unit it to unit matching my speed.

90F02E72-DA07-4BC3-914B-6712D85225DE.jpeg

Uncleskid:
Yawn

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
absolute cliffhanger of a post there old chap.
its certainly livened this topic up no end.
any further info?..what lane were you in and what speed were you doing when this happened?
did it lead to further relaxation culminating of a ■■■■,or worse?? :open_mouth:

robroy:
Here we go again Trucknets newest double act Rowley and Jake :sunglasses: …, Morecambe and Wise or the Chuckle brothers? discuss :laughing:
Both turning over non events in a Derek and Clive stylee, :smiley: that all of us see a hundred times everyday and just shake our heads and tut about, …but why settle for that when an in depth debate can be an alternative.

Anybody hurt?
Anybody killed?
No?
Then just move on.

And it looks we’ve also got trucknets oldest double act robroy and diesel dog.

P.s. it’s a bit childish calling it a bromance and posting a picture (i know not you rob) of 2 men likely homosexual just because 2 blokes have similar views on stuff and generally agree with each other. More TNUK school yard behaviour.

Rowley010:

robroy:

Anybody hurt?
Anybody killed?
No?
Then just move on.

P.s. it’s a bit childish calling it a bromance and posting a picture (i know not you rob) of 2 men likely homosexual just because 2 blokes have similar views on stuff and generally agree with each other. More TNUK school yard behaviour.

Rowley just a thought…

Maybe his ACC was throwing the brake lights on?
Maybe he didn’t signal to overtake when you were gaining on him because that’s what we were taught in the old days.
Maybe he is limited to 52MPH and didn’t want to block the middle lane for the sake of following a car for a couple of hundred feet.

Maybe when you have a few miles under your belt you will know how stupid your original post was

Rowley010:
load of nothingness

First time out in a lorry for you? Only just started driving for a living?

I’ve probably seen it every night but give so little thought to it I can’t remember. I certainly wouldn’t care to the point I felt I had to tell the world about an event all of us have no doubt seen countless times.

And if we’re being nitpicky we’re not professional drivers, we’re vocational drivers. You aren’t required to be a member of a professional body in order to do your job, FTA or RHA membership is not a requirement.

Darkside:

Rowley010:

robroy:

Anybody hurt?
Anybody killed?
No?
Then just move on.

Rowley just a thought…

Maybe he didn’t signal to overtake when you were gaining on him because that’s what we were taught in the old days.
Maybe he is limited to 52MPH and didn’t want to block the middle lane for the sake of following a car for a couple of hundred feet.

Maybe when you have a few miles under your belt you will know how stupid your original post was

Wrong. He was much closer than what an ACC would allow him to get.

It was a 4 lane stretch all of which were empty so if he used his brain he’d have known if he put his signal then I could have easily moved out for him.

However he started slowing down before I moved. I moved as a result of him slowing down. When he first slowed down the lane was totally empty.

Maybe get your facts together before trying to be smart.

Conor:

Rowley010:
load of nothingness

I’ve probably seen it every night but give so little thought to it I can’t remember. I certainly wouldn’t care to the point I felt I had to tell the world about an event all of us have no doubt seen countless times.

Nope. Been at it years

Rowley010:

Darkside:

Rowley010:

robroy:

Anybody hurt?
Anybody killed?
No?
Then just move on.

Rowley just a thought…

Wrong. He was much closer than what an ACC would allow him to get.

It was a 4 lane stretch all of which were empty so if he used his brain he’d have known if he put his signal then I could have easily moved out for him.

However he started slowing down before I moved. I moved as a result of him slowing down. When he first slowed down the lane was totally empty.

Maybe get your facts together before trying to be smart.

It would be better if you tried to be smart once in a while…

I am which is why I’m smart enough to not follow a car in a bullying and dangerous position and just use my mirrors to observe the empty lanes and signal and move out.

And what are you on about the old days? Guess what we aren’t in the old days now. It’s year 2020.

Rowley010:

Conor:

Rowley010:

Nope. Been at it years

Years?? Hmmmmmm.

robroy:

Rowley010:

Conor:

Rowley010:

Nope. Been at it years

Years?? Hmmmmmm.

Yep. Enough years to see how poor driving standards are, often from the older boys.

Probably was trying to bully the car to speed up

Rowley010:
Yep. Enough years to see how poor driving standards are, often from the older boys.

I agree on both counts.
Thing is, the examples you sensationalise as serious and out of the ordinary, are everyday occurrences, and a bit mundane to most of us.
So consequently you come across as if you ain’t seen a lot in reality, …however many years you have done it.

Another event not worthy of commenting on, even if you had a passenger with you at the time.