Employment with Points?

Evening, A class 2 tramper with 5 years experience, no accidents. What’s the chances of finding an employer in the uk with 9’points? 3 lots of car speeding. I know, it’s bad. 3 are due off soon. And if so any suggestions?

Tia :slight_smile:

class2166:
3 are due off soon.

I think the industry standard is no more than 6 points, probably not impossible to get a job but it might not be the best. If 3 are due to come off soon then that’ll take you back down to that magical 6 and with a decent bit of experience you should be able to get a decent job.

class2166:
And if so any suggestions?

Slow…

Down a bit?

here to help

I had 9 points back in 2001, no agency would touch me but I had no trouble getting a full time job. If you got experience that’s the main thing

You’ll be able to get a job, I’ve worked with drivers who have had DD convictions on their licence, but these jobs will be, shall we say, “not at the blue-chip end of the market”. :wink:

Its certainly possible. Guy at our place has 9 and they had to contact the insurance first. Not a blue chip company but not cowboys either.

Theres a sheet on the office wall and certain codes pretty much excludes employment such as dangerous driving, IN10 (never understood why) and DD.

9 points needs the insurance contacting but several have that and no probs with employment.

MegaHips:

class2166:
3 are due off soon.

I think the industry standard is no more than 6 points, probably not impossible to get a job but it might not be the best.

My mate got the sack when he went up to 9 points from 6.

With unrealistic limits combined with numerous types of military grade surveillance it’s very easy to get 9 points within the space of 10 miles and less than 1 hour.

Carryfast:
With unrealistic limits combined with numerous types of military grade surveillance it’s very easy to get 9 points within the space of 10 miles and less than 1 hour.

Not really. I’ve only ever had 6 points in total in my entire life, first 3 in 1988, second 3 in 2005. I manage to do 1500-2500 miles a week without getting any. Assuming the worst happened and my eyeballs became disconnected from my brain and I ended up with 6 I’d be driving like a nun for the next 3 years.

class2166:
any suggestions?

Find a job that doesn’t involve driving

class2166:
Evening, A class 2 tramper with 5 years experience, no accidents. What’s the chances of finding an employer in the uk with 9’points? 3 lots of car speeding. I know, it’s bad. 3 are due off soon. And if so any suggestions?

What car do you drive a BMW. Stick to speed limits no matter what you are driving it will make your life easier. Where you rushing to or from work.