Insurance 6 Pointers

This always makes me smile but gets my back up too: :imp:

“If you have previous experience of driving HGV 1 and hold a full UK driving licence and digi card with no more than 6 points for insurance reasons…”

Can anybody from these desk bound insurance tossers explain how they reach this criteria? A persistant offender would not be on the road anyway as they would collect the required points to be banned rather quickly whereas someone else may have taken a very long time to acquire just 6 or 9 points and therefore pose no greater ‘risk’ than any other driver! Just smacks of rip off UK as usual to me. :frowning:

Anyone like to give a rational explanation? :unamused:

if driving is your livelihood you can accrue more than 12 points!

i would also assume its so the company can say we dont employ drivers who regularly break the laws!

I think it is based on the cost of having that driver on there insurance

If you asked for “clean licences only” then there would be a serious shortage, because most people have been zapped by speed cameras, or run a red light once or twice over many years. The shortage would push up wages, so to prevent a shortage it’s 6 points OK which represents a trade-off (insurance isn’t really cheaper for clean as opposed to 6 points anyway) but the guy with 6 points is going to be more “grateful” at being offered a job, and is therefore more likely to work at near minimum wage whilst the endorsements roll off the licence…
Has anyone ever seen a PLUM job advertised with ‘6 points ok’ - thus proving me wrong here?

Just my tuppence worth!

I remember tesco saying 6pts ok but must only consist of 2 * 3pts for speeding or red light. If it were 6pts in one offence like i had for careless driving then tesco/monarch at Livingston would’nt employ you.

i’d have a wild stab in the dark and say that possibly insurance companies think people who speed and are daft enough to get caught are a bigger risk than those who don’t?

whats worse someone who has 6 points for no insurance as there wife forgot to renew it two days earlier,or someone who gets done twice 2 x 3 points for speeding, the 6 points for forgetting to renew insurance happened to my colleague.

bazza b:
whats worse someone who has 6 points for no insurance as there wife forgot to renew it two days earlier,or someone who gets done twice 2 x 3 points for speeding, the 6 points for forgetting to renew insurance happened to my colleague.

Much much worse, like going on the ■■■ offenders register. :laughing:

pavaroti:
Much much worse, like going on the ■■■ offenders register. :laughing:

LOL… wasted on here mate! :wink: