Job Adverts and Points

Is it me, or has there been a recent increase in the amount of jobs setting a points limit of 9 rather than the traditional 6?
I’ve only spotted this in the last month, so what’s the reason■■?

I guess it could be due to recruiting difficulties, and probably cheaper than offering higher wages…

Not an issue to me, as I’m clean as a whistle! :smiley:
It’s the rigid 2 years experience that’s my stumbling block at present… :cry:

Evil8Beezle:
Is it me, or has there been a recent increase in the amount of jobs setting a points limit of 9 rather than the traditional 6?

I guess it could be due to recruiting difficulties, and probably cheaper than offering higher wages…

9 points is a farce. :unamused: but it’ll creep up to 11 for the boys. :open_mouth: who like to earn NMW IN THIS DAY AND AGE. :grimacing:

Try to get work with an agency to gain some experience.

the nodding donkey:

What do you think I’ve been doing mate! :laughing:
The post was really about the change in job adverts…

I’ve always thought that any firms who accept six points and above or require “a basic understanding of English” are to be avoided at all costs.

I saw a job advert on “indeed” the other day quoting something like 6 points minimum and other offences (DD,DI,stuff) maximum, but then it said underneath

"Option to self insure if you have over 6 point maximum "

Who in their right mind would
A) employ someone with that type of license
B) put themselves at the mercy of self insuring

Then I saw this one…

HGV Class 1 Driver
3D International Haulage Ltd - Liverpool
Permanent

must be over 25 and hold a full licence + driver cpc
must be able to speak some english
no nights out
self employed

Rodzaj pracy: Stała

Evil8Beezle:

If you send me a blue beer voucher, I can provide you with a glowing reference on company headed paper about your two years’ driving experience if you want. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

Evil8Beezle:

If you send me a blue beer voucher, I can provide you with a glowing reference on company headed paper about your two years’ driving experience if you want. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers Harry, but that won’t change the Class 1 pass date on my licence. :cry:
So at present I’m a little screwed with 9 months, and some jobs are off the table due to their insurance requirements. I just thought it was interesting that maybe the points goalposts are being moved to maybe aid recruitment, and comes before a reduction in experience…
Maybe if some companies need to go further they will reduce the experience to 1 year and not increase the points limit to 12! :laughing:

Not sure what to make of the employers logic in Sinclair89’s example! :open_mouth:

If they want to tempt people back into the industry, then perhaps they should try putting the wages up. :wink:

Harry Monk:
If they want to tempt people back into the industry, then perhaps they should try putting the wages up. :wink:

Last thing the employers will try though isn’t it, as this would have the knock on effect of a wage increase for the existing drivers. So going to cost them a fortune in comparison exploring other avenues/restrictions first…

It’s hardly evidence of a possible start to the alleged “driver shortage”, but it could be! :laughing:

I’ll second that last point…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little bird tells of Class2 jobs with Lamberts are available. And maybe a Class1 soonish.
PM me for a little more info if you like…

Evil8Beezle:

the nodding donkey:

What do you think I’ve been doing mate! :laughing:
The post was really about the change in job adverts…

I found the 2 years minimum experience became less important once they realised I wasn’t a complete bellend.

Oh, hang on, I see your problem now!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Just pulling your pud, sorry couldn’t resist.

Do you get many offers of full time work from the places your agency puts you?

Captain Caveman 76:
I found the 2 years minimum experience became less important once they realised I wasn’t a complete bellend.

Oh, hang on, I see your problem now!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Just pulling your pud, sorry couldn’t resist.

Do you get many offers of full time work from the places your agency puts you?

Oh yeah, the bellend effect is an issue! :smiley:
But seriously, it’s not an issue getting work or offers of FTW, it’s getting someone local that I would actually want.
I’m not going to waste anyone’s time signing on a full time job I know I won’t stick out, I’m picky. :smiley:
The odd few I would like all seem to have the 2 years built in to their insurance…

The two year thing is one of the reasons I can’t be arsed to get a class one. Best part of £2k to have a licence burning a hole in my pocket that I couldn’t and wouldn’t use. The money isn’t significantly better than class two rates to justify the cost either.
If my boss bought an artic and paid for me to do class 1, then that’s different.

Inform the insurance companies that there will likely be more claims from this outfit in the future… See how long it takes before “9 points OK” ads get removed again.

It’s bad enough being “6 points OK” FFS. :imp:

Fatboy slimslow:

Evil8Beezle:

9 points is a farce. :unamused: but it’ll creep up to 11 for the boys. :open_mouth: who like to earn NMW IN THIS DAY AND AGE. :grimacing:

You have not heard of the “9 points - 15 points pending” yet. If you’ve committed an offence that’ll get you a banned on TT for sure - but just “not yet” - there will be firms out there that’ll render that driver “OK for now”…
They don’t need to inform the insurance company of “pending endorsements” after all. The insurance company will be happy with the current standing of that driver’s licence… Perhaps it’s better now that the paper counterpart has been done away with?

There’s no mis-information like “out-of-date” mis-information.