Ferry etiquette

Just come over from Calais on the DFDS boat and after having a shower and the prison food, i went to have a quick beer at the bar and watch some random African footy game on the telly.
I noticed how some drivers were slouched in one seat with shoes off and feet up in an adjoining seat whilst the general public were sat in a more civil manner.
I found it quite rude, ignorant, embarrassing and selfish to see some drivers doing this. I wouldn’t want to sit where some stranger has had their sweaty socks on.
Or am i been a bit dramatic?

If there’s no cabins left I’am in quick looking for a decent place to lie down,shoes off and a sleep,I couldn’t give two hoots what you think .

Punchy Dan:
If there’s no cabins left I’am in quick looking for a decent place to lie down,shoes off and a sleep,I couldn’t give two hoots what you think .

Do you do the same on a train and a bus?

I have been on the Irish boat a few times ,the food in the drivers lounge was very good.

Punchy Dan:

cabins on Calais to dover… really ■■

alamcculloch:
I have been on the Irish boat a few times ,the food in the drivers lounge was very good.

I had fish & chips with carrots and peas, and i feel sick as a dog. Think i’ll give it a miss next time

never ever have fish on a ferry, especially the so called dover sole… :smiling_imp:

m.a.n rules:
never ever have fish on a ferry, especially the so called dover sole… :smiling_imp:

I’ve learnt my lesson, think i’ll just stay in my cab next time being the anti social twit that i am

Punchy Dan:

Have you often managed to get a cabin?

Back in the day you could get a cabin on the Nord Pas-de-Calais, the one with the railway tracks on the freight deck, but I don’t think you can nowadays.

switchlogic:

Punchy Dan:

Ok smart arses I know the op mentions Dover but otherwise like going over to Ireland there have been times when they’ve all gone .

ArcticMonkey:
Just come over from Calais on the DFDS boat and after having a shower and the prison food, i went to have a quick beer at the bar and watch some random African footy game on the telly.
I noticed how some drivers were slouched in one seat with shoes off and feet up in an adjoining seat whilst the general public were sat in a more civil manner.
I found it quite rude, ignorant, embarrassing and selfish to see some drivers doing this. I wouldn’t want to sit where some stranger has had their sweaty socks on.

DFDS … Calais … get your facts right then continue

btw who gives a toss, smelly feet on a stool or chair ! Tourists are far worse than us by what they get up to

pierrot 14:

ArcticMonkey:

btw who gives a toss, smelly feet on a stool or chair ! Tourists are far worse than us by what they get up to

To be fair, DFDS do have a Dover Calais route as well as Dunkirk.

alamcculloch:

Totally different league, Irish Ferries anyway, only done two trips with Stena and can’t remember the food. The only good thing about the DFDS crossing is when your coming back from Europe on a morning ferry and get an English breakfast after weeks of cold ham etc :laughing:

pierrot 14:

ArcticMonkey:

What are you on about “get your facts right”■■

I think many people give a toss about smelly feet up on chairs in public. What have you seen the average tourist do which is much worse?

mrginge:

alamcculloch:

Totally different league, Irish Ferries anyway, only done two trips with Stena and can’t remember the food. The only good thing about the DFDS crossing is when your coming back from Europe on a morning ferry and get an English breakfast after weeks of cold ham etc :laughing:

Irish ferries beat Stena hands down for food, on the Ulysses good choices for all courses meanwhile on the Stena you can have slop followed by jelly and ice cream, didn’t realise I’d been invited to a toddlers birthday party

pierrot 14:

ArcticMonkey:

DFDS have a Calais route, might want to make sure you have a clue what you’re on about before charging in being a smartarse.

The Calais boats are dreadful, I only go up for a shower then try get back down to the bunk. Even then I’ll try get a shower beforehand. Dreadful food, crap facilities, rammed full of Eastie Beasties, screeching brats and dawdling tourists, no thanks.

TheUncaringCowboy:

pierrot 14:

ArcticMonkey:

DFDS have a Calais route, might want to make sure you have a clue what you’re on about before charging in being a smartarse.

The Calais boats are dreadful, I only go up for a shower then try get back down to the bunk. Even then I’ll try get a shower beforehand. Dreadful food, crap facilities, rammed full of Eastie Beasties, screeching brats and dawdling tourists, no thanks.

I do apologies, wasn’t aware that DFDS did Calalis also .

Harry Monk:
Back in the day you could get a cabin on the Nord Pas-de-Calais, the one with the railway tracks on the freight deck, but I don’t think you can nowadays.

Harry was that the one out of the western dock, that you reversed onto?

Punchy Dan:

switchlogic:

Punchy Dan:

Ok smart arses I know the op mentions Dover but otherwise like going over to Ireland there have been times when they’ve all gone .

If you’re a truck driver on the Irish Sea on a route with cabins you’ll always get one, they’re guaranteed for freight drivers. Unlike boats out of Dover where there are no cabins