calais

parked at calais port on wednesday afternoon,lane 128. 3 infront of me and loads to both sides, i had 50 minutes to wait for the boat,so has a doze in driver seat dumped air and fully reclined, cushty,next thing i know is the fwench docker geezer knocking on me cab door asking me if i want to get on this ferry,
ZBs the lot of them.
wouldnt you have thought some one would have give me a toot or a shout.
so i was last on the boat. :imp: :imp: :imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Normal :unamused: Don`t take that nap at the toll booth at Dartford tunnel… :laughing:

Had this happen a couple of years ago in Dover. Docks were heaving and i was right at the back of Lane 168 i think. Anyway it was 2030 and booked on the 0530 boat, so got my head down. Docks were rammed, trucks everywhere. Next thing i know i was woken by the door banging. I got outta my pit and the docks were deserted. I made the boat, but what annoyed me, there were two other PTM drivers in the queue for the same boat as well and neither of them banged me up or phoned me. I was not impressed with them when i got upstairs on the NPC i can tell you.

ohterry:
so i was last on the boat. :imp: :imp: :imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s betterer to be last on that boat than first on the next one. :wink:

At least these days you usually get the boat you’re booked on unlike the ‘Good ol days’ when you chose your own lane and never knew if it was the right one and then sat with your fingers crossed hoping a last minute coach or five wouldn’t turn up. :imp: :imp:

BuzzardBoy:
Had this happen a couple of years ago in Dover. Docks were heaving and i was right at the back of Lane 168 i think. Anyway it was 2030 and booked on the 0530 boat, so got my head down. Docks were rammed, trucks everywhere. Next thing i know i was woken by the door banging. I got outta my pit and the docks were deserted. I made the boat, but what annoyed me, there were two other PTM drivers in the queue for the same boat as well and neither of them banged me up or phoned me. I was not impressed with them when i got upstairs on the NPC i can tell you.

i think upon seeing it was the nord pas de calais i would have pulled up and gone back to bed, any of the other boats would have been better.