First time using the ferry

good morning gents i’m just looking so info on using the calais dover ferry
i usually use the tunnel but with all the delays the office has decided that i’m going to be comming back on the ferry saturday night.
so just wondered if someone can clue me up to the procedures at calais

thanks

just follow everyone else and you can´t go wrong

Dead easy, follow signs for freight, go through first security check, (French) then to ticket booth. They will give you your ticket and a card with boat time and lane number. Then through uk passport control, them into second security check,(uk).
All clear then follow the road past the douane/ gendarme office and turn left them right towards the waiting area, above your head you will see direction signs with lane numbers follow them till you find correct lane.
When time for embarkation stewards will direct you to the boat and correct ramp depending on which deck you are on.
They keep it fairly tight on board just watch and listen to the crew for parking.
Remember hand brake. And take a wash bag and towel for a shower, you could be on for about 90 minutes or more. On the way out follow everyone else, but be prepared for a pull from customs if you went out a different route!

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928205,-3.269237
It’s not theirs anymore, this our England…
Paaaarrrrrttttyyyyy

Vascoingles:
just follow everyone else and you can´t go wrong

And on a Sunday night there will be no shortage of ones to follow. :slight_smile:

cheers thanks

One of the daft rules is that you only have to weigh off in Dover but not in Calais before embarking.

Be careful where you park in Calais or surrounding area, or you may have passengers, I always opt to go through the “shed”

don’t try to get on the sea france ferries. you might have a bit of a wait.

limeyphil:
don’t try to get on the sea france ferries. you might have a bit of a wait.

LOL