Heads up ... DFDS

As from weds the grub is free on Dover - Calais AND Dover - Dunkirk .

Dont forget to take your lane card though , and dont get too excited , the food is mainly muck and you have to be fast on your feet to beat our "comrades "

Just to add , before you get too thrilled , thats for freight drivers in the Road Kings . Betcha cant wait !!

Just been on me holidays to france & took DFDS for the first time, although the cheapest the boat was complete crap the food rubbish! Obviously could’nt go into the drivers lounge but not impressed. Always went seafrance or P & O when i was going over regular & never rated either but preferred going P & O, was expecting a lot more from DFDS, the boat was dirty, uncleaned tables & crap on the floor. It was packed with holiday makers i know but still no excuse!. May try My ferry Link next time!

Came back dunkerque last week and after the mega long Q the food was only a tad better than my camion stew. :slight_smile:

Best to have a Pot Noodle.Years ago drivers meals were free on all ferries.The food was being taken to make a picnic to save buying your next meal.
It was a waiter service with fine dining.Seafood.Wine.Cheese board.
Most drivers eat before getting on the ferry now.

Thats a shame, the food used to be half decent on the Dunkirk crossing. The dov cal route is awful and I never used to bother.

shade:
As from weds the grub is free on Dover - Calais AND Dover - Dunkirk .

Dont forget to take your lane card though , and dont get too excited , the food is mainly muck and you have to be fast on your feet to beat our "comrades "

The food has been free on Dov-Cal for months.
You still feel well ripped off though.

I prefer home cooking.

Yea Ben , Dov - Cal is already free , and worse than Dover - Dun !! The reason for this offer is allegedly to keep up with competition . The cook told me they are trying to phase out the self serve element too as most drivers pile the plates high and leave half of it :imp:

Shame it’s gone downhill, it was never great on Dunkirk crossing. But after a long graft to make the boat…You looked forward to a hot meal. They used to do a seafood linguini, that was lovely.

i’ve never known Dov-Cal to be self serve.

dont moan you could be on the train…

many years ago the food on there was free but it was just like an airline meal.

best of a poor bunch i,ve had was on norfolkline to dunkirk. Although P an O used to have waiter service and you could get a cracking steak and chips !!