Flip Flop wearers

Beware!! Heaven forbid that you get nabbed for lane hogging and the Officer discovers your choice of footwear!

tinyurl.com/y49zuqd5

Actrosman:
Beware!! Heaven forbid that you get nabbed for lane hogging and the Officer discovers your choice of footwear!

tinyurl.com/y49zuqd5

Just another excuse the ■■■■ s have thought up to get even more cash out of you.
They’re scraping the ■■■■ barrel now, there can’t be much more left. :imp:
I’ve wore flips or clacks for driving since the 80s, there are a lot more things that drivers do that are more dangerous than that.
Pure ■■■■■■■■ and typical of the ■■■■ UK Police and Vosa. :smiling_imp:

What the zb will they dream up next, my car steered to the left because my wristwatch was too heavy :smiley:

complete and utter pish…could and if are a major part of the article meaning itsscaremongering tosh,plain and simple.
bare feet work well when your on auto/cruise…plus saves washing the socks. :slight_smile:

On a trunk route first thing I do is take my boots off. Far comfier

mjallby:
On a trunk route first thing I do is take my boots off. Far comfier

Same here, prefer driving in socks only.

However the article is on about wearing footwear/clothes that can become loose and catch the controls - slightly different situation I suppose

Still agree it’s bit low to charge just for that though, a warning would be more appropriate but seems those days are over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eurotrans:
What the zb will they dream up next, my car steered to the left because my wristwatch was too heavy :smiley:

That’s why you compensate with a stronger other wrist [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have any of you actually bothered to read the article? Or (perhaps more significantly) noted the source of same?

Nowhere does it say that anyone has ever been prosecuted or ticketed for driving while wearing flip-flops, let alone received the maximum Careless Driving penalty of a £9k fine and nine points. Amazing how even a little sniff of fake news can get the chattering classes nodding their bobble hats like a demented washerwoman.

No of course they haven’t. They don’t need to read anything because they know everything. Typical of some UK drivers. They lose their ability to learn through their bad attitude. :laughing:

Never had an accident. So never will. :unamused:

must admit im agenst anyone wearing flip flops . the folk who wear them,[english or otherwise] usually bend the rules /cheat at cards/fiddle the electric/ sells dodgey cars. yeh that last ones guaranteed, im greeted at his door buy a man wearing those black vynil flips with slouch sox, i know 100per cent the car he doesnt even own has got a cutting out problem that cant be fixed

corij:
must admit im agenst anyone wearing flip flops . the folk who wear them,[english or otherwise] usually bend the rules /cheat at cards/fiddle the electric/ sells dodgey cars

Looks like your right bud…I’ve done all of those at one time or another. :blush:
:laughing:

jakethesnake:
No of course they haven’t. They don’t need to read anything because they know everything. Typical of some UK drivers. They lose their ability to learn through their bad attitude. :laughing:

Never had an accident. So never will. :unamused:

youtu.be/iMKZtQ_TvaI

our friends in Germany have been handing out fines for no shoes, clogs with the heel strap not used, and flip flops for years.

hotel magnum:
our friends in Germany have been handing out fines for no shoes, clogs with the heel strap not used, and flip flops for years.

I thought they did, but I kinda thought I’d dreamt it. :neutral_face:
Haven’t been over the water for nearly 10 yrs now. :blush:
Just ‘‘Playing at it’’ nowadays on fulltime UK. :smiley: …(some would say part time. :laughing: )

hotel magnum:

Same here in France . flip-flops, clacks or clogs (without the backs) is a big no no.

Sorry should’ve said non non ! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

From the article:

Under Rule 97 of the Highway Code, drivers are advised they must have “footwear and clothing which does not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner”.

One could imply that the boots that police officers wear are unsuitable for driving a car in, especially some of the high performance cars they have where the pedals are close together.

Maybe whats needed is some safety flip flops.

It’s in The Sun, so it must be true.

Ken.

One could imply that the boots that police officers wear are unsuitable for driving a car in, especially some of the high performance cars they have where the pedals are close together.

One could also imply you do talk some rubbish. Absolutely nothing wrong with their boots. Police training is far superior and far more invovled than lorry driver training by the way.
I also doubt any Traffic policeman would be arrogant enough or stupid enough to drive a heavy vehicle whilst wearing flip flops.

jakethesnake:

One could also imply you do talk some rubbish. Absolutely nothing wrong with their boots. Police training is far superior and far more invovled than lorry driver training by the way.
I also doubt any Traffic policeman would be arrogant enough or stupid enough to drive a heavy vehicle whilst wearing flip f.

Of course it’s better training, you’re only ‘‘trained’’ to pass a test for a HGV, nobody is disputing that.
I didn’t realise they were trained to drive in unsuitable heavy boots though.
Ffs Jake, we all get it, …you’re the Police’s no 1 fan, (although I myself think ‘Message in a bottle’ was a ■■■■ fine track) but are you really an authority on the type of boots they wear? :unamused: , or is it just yet another of your unsubstantiated sweeping statements.