Another one jailed

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … crash.html

This is going to open up a can of worms with TNCSI :laughing: :laughing:

Probably although it would be nice for once for people to focus on the fact it was a truck driver regardless of race for once.

It’s in the fail, so we’re lucky he wasn’t given the death sentence, for killing one of there demographic readers.

Notice the emphasis on dangerous,and speeding,O and death, just as well a fluffy bunny wunny, wasn’t damaged.

As the Ops title suggests!

Is it illegal to wear flip flops while driving?
Is it worse than high heels?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

All very tragic for the poor woman and her family, but seriously…Wtf has his choice of footwear got to do with it ?
Has it suddenly become illegal to wear a pair of flips at the wheel?
Why did they not mention what kind of undercrackers he was wearing, boxers or briefs.
Ffs man :unamused:
Before the h&s Nazis come on saying ‘‘You have not got full control whilst wearing them at the wheel’’ :unamused: or such ■■■■■■■■, I’ve wore clacks for ■■■■ years, which are just a more expensive flip flop.

Markk80:
Is it illegal to wear flip flops while driving?
Is it worse than high heels?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That’s the comment I was waiting for!! Why is the report so focused on the fact that he was wearing flip-flops FFS??!!! AND ?

edit to add : thankyou Rob

All very tragic for the poor woman and her family, but seriously…Wtf has his choice of footwear got to do with it ?
Why did they not mention what kind of undercrackers he was wearing, boxers or briefs.
Before the h&s Nazis come on saying ‘‘You have not got full control whilst wearing them at the wheel’’ :unamused: or such ■■■■■■■■, I’ve wore clacks for [zb] years, which are just a more expensive flip flop.

Couldn’t agree more !!!

robroy:
Before the h&s Nazis come on saying ‘‘You have not got full control whilst wearing them at the wheel’’ :unamused: or such ■■■■■■■■, I’ve wore clacks for [zb] years, which are just a more expensive flip flop.

Not heard of clacks for years rob, Although I do still have a pair of red plastic sandals

I must admit I did think I’m not sure wearing any type of footwear is illegal as long as you have something on tie feet.

I could be wrong but seem to think bare foot or socks only could well be illegal but may have just made that up.

I do wonder why they made such a meal of the fact he was driving in flip flops other than for the fact it was an EE driver. There really was no need to mention that in the article.

simcor:
I do wonder why they made such a meal of the fact he was driving in flip flops

It’s because they’re cabbages.

Credit fodder…destined to a life of being told what to say and do

I remember talk about 10 yrs ago when the Gendarmes in France were pulling drivers wearing clacks (oooh Matron :smiley: ) but I just used to put it down to drivercrap, but definitely nothing in the UK.

“Well over the speed limit”

I was expecting to read he was doing 70 odds.

The old 10% +2 would see plod not even paying a bit of notice to a massive 54 mph

Ffs inappropriate footwear
The only footwear inappropriate for driving are the safety boots that some firms provide…
I drive in my socks and boots stay on top step,been pulled loads of times and mr vosa said nothing,but been told many times by bullshiners it’s illegal,
If your comfy then it’s got to be better

Although

Regardless of the footwear scandal reporting bollock.
He was driving like a ■■■■

I wear pink clogs with floral pattern when I’m driving. I’m sure they’re legal but I do get some odd looks when I go clopping over the parking area like a fat unicorn at some truck stops

They don’t exactly seem the ideal footwear for truck driving nevertheless.

It also seems part of a wider disturbing trend that blights the eye most summers of blokes seeking to display their hideous trotters at any opportunity,ye gods!!..women,yes,blokes an emphatic NO…

manalishi:
They don’t exactly seem the ideal footwear for truck driving nevertheless.

Maybe that’s up (or down) to individual taste and opinion eh?.
For example some tipper guys drive in riggers, I personally wouldn’t but each to his own thing. :bulb:

robroy:
I remember talk about 10 yrs ago when the Gendarmes in France were pulling drivers wearing clacks (oooh Matron :smiley: ) but I just used to put it down to drivercrap, but definitely nothing in the UK.

Not just talk Rob , they did. What they didn’t like was that there was no heel back, to keep said footwear firmly on the foot.