Bare feet..

driving. Was actually under the impression it was illegal in the UK but apparently not. Out of habit i suppose use nothing but flip flops and crocs with the odd pair of trainers if it gets cooler but occasionally flick them off and drive bare feet. Yes…an oddball question but anyone else do it in the summer?

yep,as soon as its warm enough and also with socks on when its not…saves washing the socks when your away so often.as the temperature rises,its t shirt and skiddies along with the bare feet…i suppose for some it would depend on if it was your own allocated truck all the time,and not some agency mankheap

Crocs are really nice to drive in. Not sure I’d fancy going barefoot, but I’m weird about going barefoot anywhere.

But when tramping, the boots stay out of the cab, and I’m not old enough for slippers yet. Now that I have a day job, and drive any ■■■■ heap as is available, I just wear my steelies.

Always drive in my socks never wear the boots in the cab easier to keep it clean when away tramping.I know there will be some saying i should not do it find its better for your feet instead of stuck in boots most of the day.

I drive in my socks leave my boots on the inner step,
Really helps keep the floor clean and my feet are a lot better for it…
Boots on all day would kill me

I believe some fuss was made abour driving in clogs a few years ago. The argument was a wooden clog could get wedged under a brake pedal? I’ve never heard of anyone paying fines or actual accidents mind.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

yorkshire terrier:

^This^

It’s surprising how easy it is to keep the cab clean if you do this from new. I hardly used a duster for the first 6 months, then I had a fortnight off and it was like coming back to a different truck

The law is = As long as the vehicle is able to be controlled safely at all times then it matters not what you are wearing on your feet or on any other part of you

That’s my simple way pf putting it

Usually drive with my boots loose, I frequent a lot of manky places and can be in and out the cab a lot so having them off isn’t practical.

I long for a fridge so I can have a lush carpet in the footwell. :laughing:

A.

Before I started with my present company I sometimes teamed up with another British driver who actually owned the truck, he drove bare foot, he said it gave him a better feeling of control, he also wore only flip flops and shorts, even in mid winter and very sun zero temps his refusal to feel excrutiatingly cold temps amazed me LOL

Adonis.:

A.

I pull a fridge and recently had the cab floor turfed. I toyed with fake grass but figured that would be ridiculous, the only downside I’ve found is that occasionally my strimmer snags on the curtains and I appear to collecting ants, but apart from that I can honestly say that it has transformed my whole trucking experience.

yorkshire terrier:

Totally agree with this.

the maoster:

Adonis.:

A.

I pull a fridge and recently had the cab floor turfed. I toyed with fake grass but figured that would be ridiculous, the only downside I’ve found is that occasionally my strimmer snags on the curtains and I appear to collecting ants, but apart from that I can honestly say that it has transformed my whole trucking experience.

Have heard bedding plants with their bright colours can give an uplifting look and adds to the overall effect. A nice clematis or climbing rose trailed around the screen can also be a good alternative to frillies…

It’s very rare in DK to find anyone driving in shoes/boots, most leave them on top step. After so long would find it difficult to wear them to drive in, even in my private car I slip them off.

Franglais:
I believe some fuss was made abour driving in clogs a few years ago. The argument was a wooden clog could get wedged under a brake pedal? I’ve never heard of anyone paying fines or actual accidents mind.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Who remembers those ridiculous ‘Cow Hide’ clogs back in the day? I’m not sure which made me laugh more… these Hairy stumbling
block Shoe Substitutes or those daft big steering wheel knobs for ( ex fork lift drivers! ) or people who can’t reverse!! :slight_smile:

clogs.jpg

Not sure… should I wear them or feed them a saucer of milk!! :laughing:

Lennoxtown:
Who remembers those ridiculous ‘Cow Hide’ clogs back in the day? I’m not sure which made me laugh more… these Hairy stumbling
block Shoe Substitutes or those daft big steering wheel knobs for ( ex fork lift drivers! ) or people who can’t reverse!! :slight_smile:

Bet you would love me mate :smiley:
I actually used to have a pair of those ■■■■ things back in the day, I thought I looked really cool in them with my George Michael Wham period tattie nipper shorts. :blush: …c’mon it was the mid 80s man.

Not only that I still use my knob for driving today…(Carry On Trucking :smiley: )
Never driven a fork lift, and not bad at reversing, sorry to shoot you down bud. :smiley:

robroy:

Lennoxtown:

Bet you would love me mate :smiley:
I actually used to have a pair of those [zb] things back in the day, I thought I looked really cool in them with my George Michael Wham period tattie nipper shorts. :blush: …c’mon it was the mid 80s man.

Not only that I still use my knob for driving today…(Carry On Trucking :smiley: )
Never driven a fork lift, and not bad at reversing, sorry to shoot you down bud. :smiley:

Oh NO!! Don’t tell me you also had the big giant wallet attached by a big chain to your belt loop as well? :smiley:

Lol… each to his own I suppose, but NOT for me them big steering wheel knobs… I just don’t see the need for them myself and whenever
I’ve seen people using them their usually sweating buckets, throwing the wheel furiously from lock to lock and still can’t get their truck on
the flipping bay without dozens of shunts!! You’re better than that I’m sure? :laughing:

I’ll say no more about the clogs… as you say, it was the 80’s ha ha :laughing:

Ha ha, the furry clog shoes, available in Hereford or Friesian moo hair and the chained wallets .
Back in the 80’s and 90’s the nationality of the driver was the same as where the truck was from .
German drivers wore blue denim dungerees , that looked liked extras from the film set of The Walton’s or the Little house on the prairie .
Name plate of Hans or Werner .
Dutch liked their huge coffee percolating machines in front of the windscreen.
Spanish wore checked shirts, smoked thick cigars in a Pegaso Troner that always broke down .
Turkish used to wear suits and business man shoes, not made up, true and offer tea or coffee if spoke to them .