Driving in flip flops

Is my Mrs winding me up here?
Just got in the Navara in my shorts and flip flops to take the Mrs down the local garden centre…
She says ‘‘I’d change those flip flops it’s a thousand quid fine’’ :open_mouth:
Is this right? She swears it is.

I’ve driven all over Euro in the past in a pair of flips, and lived to tell the tale without harming any puppies, kittens, or fluffy bunnies…and stark naked to boot. :sunglasses:
(Ok the last bit was a lie :smiley: …but is this really true ffs? )
If it is, it’s up there with strapping down cardboard. :unamused:
No doubt the hysterical conformists, and the believe all they’re told types will disagree. :unamused:

thesun.co.uk/motors/6860103 … -road-ban/

In Spain, it’s a fine, €100, don’t ask how I know. :confused:

Crocs are ok,

Strictly no, but what a lot of articles quote is the highway code rule 97 related to “before setting off” checks which states ypu must check:

footwear and clothing which does not prevent you using the controls in the correct manner

Using that, if you have an accident, you could receive a driving without due care and attention penalty of £100 and 3 points, or very in theory £5000 and 9 points at court (the version the Express etc always quotes).

Of course it also could apply to boots although less likely, but DVSA suggest footware should be thick enough to apply full pressure to brakes and not be likely to slip.

highwaycodeuk.co.uk/rules-f … g-off.html

PS: If this is a trap to find all those who critisise your fashion connoisseur status, I ain’t falling for it! :wink:

Its not illegal to drive barefoot, but if you have an accident they will try to say you were incorrectly attired. its the same driving naked.

Wheel Nut:
Its not illegal to drive barefoot, but if you have an accident they will try to say you were incorrectly attired. its the same driving naked.

Surely the footwear bit is down to opinion, the driving naked bit …is just wrong. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Tell Mrs Roy that only a proper European driver has flip flops and that you have ordered a pair of Euro driver clogs made of wood and covered in brown cow hair ( Hereford cow ) or black and white hair ( Friesian moo moo ) .
And a wallet with a three foot metal chain to put a months worth of running money .And when the barbers are open ,ask for the mullet hair do and some lanyards if an ex rock and roll driver , to hang in the Tesco day cab .

robroy:

Wheel Nut:

Surely the footwear bit is down to opinion, the driving naked bit …is just wrong. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Unless your a fit looking truck bunny, eg Angelica Larson… :smiley:

biggriffin:

robroy:

Wheel Nut:

Or even…me. :sunglasses:
:smiley:

robroy:

biggriffin:

robroy:

Wheel Nut:

Or even…me. :sunglasses:
:smiley:

Are you teasing him now Rob ? :wink: :laughing: :laughing:
Regards John.

robroy:
Is my Mrs winding me up here?
Just got in the Navara in my shorts and flip flops to take the Mrs down the local garden centre…
She says ‘‘I’d change those flip flops it’s a thousand quid fine’’ :open_mouth:
Is this right? She swears it is.

I’ve driven all over Euro in the past in a pair of flips, and lived to tell the tale without harming any puppies, kittens, or fluffy bunnies…and stark naked to boot. :sunglasses:
(Ok the last bit was a lie :smiley: …but is this really true ffs? )
If it is, it’s up there with strapping down cardboard. :unamused:
No doubt the hysterical conformists, and the believe all they’re told types will disagree. :unamused:

images.jpeg.jpg

By flip flops I assume you mean Jesus boots ? Scruffy things that are worn by scruffy types , if there isn’t a fine there should be for wearing them , if I go out where ever that maybe I always dress smartly,always have & always will

luke will be watching this closely rob, be prepared… :laughing:

flip flops and clogs a definite no no in germany, unless the clogs have the ankle strap around the back and is being used,

TBF, anyone driving a Nissan Navara in the UK (regardless of attire) is at least as guilty of style crime as a lorry driver wearing a hi-viz all the time…

<dons tin hat, adjusted to a jaunty angle…>

Roymondo:
TBF, anyone driving a Nissan Navara in the UK (regardless of attire) is at least as guilty of style crime as a lorry driver wearing a hi-viz all the time…

<dons tin hat, adjusted to a jaunty angle…>

It’s like this bud, if you look good enough, you’re stylish whatever tf you drive. :sunglasses: :smiley:
What are your choice of wheels exactly?..please tell.

R1200GS Adventure, M140i and an MX-5. Mrs Roymondo has a far more practical (but nowhere near as stylish) C3 Picasso for the routine shopping etc trips.

You’ve got one over me, I don’t own a bike, but fair play.
As for cars I go for practicality and ruggedness,…rather than ‘hairdresser chique’. :wink:
Got my tin hat on now and all. :smiley:

basically its not illegal…just something for the snowflakes to yakk on facebook about.

however.
its probably the hot weather.
my misses came out with the following when i was heading for my engine wrecking escapade last wed evening…

how do you like my flipflops…me…theyre lovely,but best put your cardigan back on when were passing the lorrys… :slight_smile:

Geeeesh, I’m suprised no one has asked the most important question, which is “was Robroy wearing white socks with his flip flops”

Ffs any self righteous Englishman surely will be wearing white socks with their flip flips :laughing:

White socks!? Surely you jest! Any self respecting Englishman will be wearing the same sensible dark grey socks that he wears the rest of the year…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk