DCPC courses, do they "carry over"?

Two questions on this really:

1. I’ve got one more 7 hour block to do this year before 9th September. If I do that, for example in April, will my new DQC card get sent out early with the new end date on it of Sept 2024, or will it only get sent out nearer the expiry date of the current card, or will it be sent out with an April 2024 expiry date?

2. If I do more than that one seven hour block before September this year, would those hours count towards the 2019-2024 35-hours requirement?

Hi

Once you have done the 35 hours new card will be sent out. I have had my 2024 card for some time. With regards to carrying over additional hours, this can’t be done. Had to do some additional training for a particular contract that was driver CPC approved but could not upload the hours as I already had done the 35 required for the next card.

nyk473l:
Once you have done the 35 hours new card will be sent out.

Not true. I completed my 35 hours in June last year. According to the gov.uk website my new card will not be issued until June this year.

Well, I also completed mine last year and got new card last year.New card runs from 26 10 2018 until Sept 2024.

My understanding (and it’s only an understanding - not gospel) is that it all rather depends on how long your card has to run when you complete your 35 hours. I’d guess you completed your 35 hours in October 2018?

The rules changed a little time ago

It used to be that once a current DQC holder completed another 35 hours a new DQC was issued quickly with the new expiry date 5 years from the end of the current one

Now once the 35 has been completed the new DQC will not be issued until near the end of the current one and the expiry date will still be 5 years from the end of the current one

Roymondo:
My understanding (and it’s only an understanding - not gospel) is that it all rather depends on how long your card has to run when you complete your 35 hours. I’d guess you completed your 35 hours in October 2018?

Don’t know where the time goes!! Just checked DVSA web site and actually completed my 35 in 2016!! I was off work for 3 months after an accident so used the time to get the training done. Also out of interest it also shows two additional courses I have had to do since completing the 35 hours, which have been uploaded but have invalid endorsed against them.

nyk473l:

Roymondo:

Don’t know where the time goes!! Just checked DVSA web site and actually completed my 35 in 2016!! I was off work for 3 months after an accident so used the time to get the training done. Also out of interest it also shows two additional courses I have had to do since completing the 35 hours, which have been uploaded but have invalid endorsed against them.

Yes, they will be flagged as “invalid”.

Full story here: jaupt.org.uk/news/2018/05/i … tion-cards

Yeah its crap as I have already done my 35hrs the 2 days forklift training (One day could have been used) I did last week doesn’t carry over. Got to do my HIAB soon so I will still be shafted with 5 days CPC class room bollox in the next 5yrs.

Cheers for the info guys. My reason for asking was that I thought I might do my ADR later this year (just to increase employment potential) but I think I’d better wait until I’ve got my new DQC first, otherwise that would be four day’s worth of CPC hours wasted.

Zac_A:

1. I’ve got one more 7 hour block to do this year before 9th September. If I do that, for example in April, will my new DQC card get sent out early with the new end date on it of Sept 2024, or will it only get sent out nearer the expiry date of the current card, or will it be sent out with an April 2024 expiry date?

2. If I do more than that one seven hour block before September this year, would those hours count towards the 2019-2024 35-hours requirement?

I got my 2024 card within days of completing the last 5th block of 7 hours… Last October. :sunglasses:

Winseer:

Zac_A:

I got my 2024 card within days of completing the last 5th block of 7 hours… Last October. :sunglasses:

Same for me, err :sunglasses: :wink:

elsa Lad:

Winseer:

Zac_A:

Same for me, err :sunglasses: :wink:

Are you sure you’re not parked in a layby near Newmarket on the A11, rather than the A14? :sunglasses: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: