CPC Question

Hi Folks,

I have a quick cpc related question for which I’m getting conflicting answers for.

I currently have 28 hours training under my belt (1 module left to complete) - I’m not going to get it done before the September deadline (14th right). Will my 28 hours carry over until 2019 then be wiped away so in effect i can complete the last module any time i want and receive my DQC before the next 5 years start. Or, do i have to have 35 hours done by this sep then my hours rest to zero.

I know I’m not allowed to drive until i have the 35 hours complete but I’m not going to get it done until Oct. Im on holiday most of sep. Im just worried that come sep 14th its reset to zero and ill loose my 28 completed hours.

I hope this makes sense…

Surely you can get 1 day in and save the hassle :neutral_face:

turn&burn:
Hi Folks,

I have a quick cpc related question for which I’m getting conflicting answers for.

I currently have 28 hours training under my belt (1 module left to complete) - I’m not going to get it done before the September deadline (14th right). Will my 28 hours carry over until 2019 then be wiped away so in effect i can complete the last module any time i want and receive my DQC before the next 5 years start. Or, do i have to have 35 hours done by this sep then my hours rest to zero.

I know I’m not allowed to drive until i have the 35 hours complete but I’m not going to get it done until Oct. Im on holiday most of sep. Im just worried that come sep 14th its reset to zero and ill loose my 28 completed hours.

I hope this makes sense…

From what I can gather you will loose all attended hours, you will have to start from scratch :frowning: advise you to make time even if it means a weekend :astonished:

As long as you do the last one before you next drive (after the 9th) you’ll be fine. The hours will carry over the 9th Sept deadline.

I’m in a similar prediciment and may not get all the hours in before the deadline so I found this out.

gov.uk/driver-certificate-o … c-training

just done a quick check here and it looks like you will loose any training you have done if you don’t complete your 35 hours by the September deadline.
The confusing thing for people is the “acquired rights”. What it boils down to on the 9th September 2009, every current driver at that date were given their card, you didn’t physically get a card, but your driving licence was used as you first card. You then had to complete 35 hours within the next 5 years.

When to take Driver CPC periodic training

It’s up to you when you take the training courses, as long as you do them within 5 years.

When the 5-year period starts

Each 5-year period starts from 5 years before your current Driver CPC qualification runs out - not from the date you completed your last 35 hours of training.

Deadline for new professional drivers

You must complete periodic training by 5 years from the date you got the initial qualification.

I hope this makes sense :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Think you will lose all of it but even more bad news if you dont have your CARD you can not drive after 9th sept

Just done my last 1 today & was told then

Thanks all for you replies.

Looks like ill have to go all out and get it done by september 9th.

Cheers for your input people.

turn&burn:
Thanks all for you replies.

Looks like ill have to go all out and get it done by september 9th.

Cheers for your input people.

Yoou need your card by then or cant drive

According to this you won’t lose your accumulated hours.
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … stion-time

As far as I know there are only two legitimate reasons your Periodic Training hours are invalidated

1. You reach the 35 hours mark and they are used for a DQC card - their status then becomes “Used”.

2. The 7 hour module becomes 5 years old - without being used for a DQC. i.e. you’ve done 4 x 7 hour modules - these would still be valid providing they were done less than 5 years ago. If one ‘becomes’ 5 years old - then just that one would be invalid, thus you’d be down to 3 x 7 hour modules - meaning 2 more reqd. before DQC is issued.

There are other examples of when your training hours maybe cancelled - but this is normally a result of backhanders/dodgy practices being investigated - so hopefully this will not apply to your situation!!!

To confirm this register on-line to check your hours where you will be sent a password & then you can ‘check your hours’ & their status. Good facility that is free & works well. I’ll post a link but laptop is playing up & can only do one thing at a time…no multiple windows!!!

In summary - you should be ok to do your 5th & final module after September 9th. I’m not sure whether your card will come back with an expiry date of 9/9/2019 or 5 years on from your 5th module. Of course you may not drive LGV’s between 10th September & the date you complete your 5th module (when your DQC arrives).

The link for cpc driver hours

gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

You won’t lose your existing 28 hours unless they become more than 5 years old.

Simply attend one couse after your hols and you’ll get a DQC valid for 5 years from that course date.

A lot of the posts above are wrong

u wont loose any hours m8 but u can only drive when u done last few hrs

1968kg:
According to this you won’t lose your accumulated hours.
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … stion-time

glad you found that link, the government site I linked to didn’t make it clear at all about carrying over hours of you haven’t completed by september :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

it did say that the card would run from when your last one ran out :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I made my last Session on Monday and had Card on Thursday.