DCPC questions

I have a current dcpc card valid to Sept 2024, I had no intention of replacing it before or after it expires but it has come to my attention that it is currently possible to do the courses online at home and at around half the previous cost of “classroom” courses.

So, questions: If I do 5 X 7 hour courses over this summer will that see me through to Sept 2029? and, is it still allowed to repeat the same course and have it count as 14 (or more) hours ?- I seem to recall reading that this had been stopped.

Thanks, Andy.

dekka:
I have a current dcpc card valid to Sept 2024, I had no intention of replacing it before or after it expires but it has come to my attention that it is currently possible to do the courses online at home and at around half the previous cost of “classroom” courses.

So, questions: If I do 5 X 7 hour courses over this summer will that see me through to Sept 2029? and, is it still allowed to repeat the same course and have it count as 14 (or more) hours ?- I seem to recall reading that this had been stopped.

Thanks, Andy.

I also read that doing the same course twice in the 35 needed was now not allowed
If you do 35 hours now then when new DQC is issued just before your current one expires then it will be expiry dated 2029

No repetition within a 35 hour block, unless it fits in one of the caveats. Jaupt are all over this right now, mostly for the Training Providers, but DVSA have said they can revoke someone’s card in extreme circumstances

If the law or practices changes. As tachogrpah rules did in 2020.
Did they change? If so 1st I’ve heard .
Or are they refering to the tempory covid changes that came.in?

Yeah, there were several changes to Driver Hours rules in August 2020, off the top of my head these relate to:

No full 45 hours rest in cabs - need to be in proper accommodation

International journeys - can do two consecutive reduced weekly rests

Requirement to keep full records of other work - both driving and non-driving

New definition of “commercial driving”

Ferry/train interruptions of daily rest can now be done on reduced as well as full daily rests

Best one is that, as long as you’re on your way back to the yard to start your full (not reduced) weekly rest, you can extend your driving under the “unforseen circumstances” caveat by one hour, or if you need two hours to get back, you can do that as long as you an extra 30 mins rest immediately before the extra driving. Still need to do a printout though.

Zac_A:
Yeah, there were several changes to Driver Hours rules in August 2020, off the top of my head these relate to:

No full 45 hours rest in cabs - need to be in proper accommodation

International journeys - can do two consecutive reduced weekly rests

Requirement to keep full records of other work - both driving and non-driving

New definition of “commercial driving”

Ferry/train interruptions of daily rest can now be done on reduced as well as full daily rests

Best one is that, as long as you’re on your way back to the yard to start your full (not reduced) weekly rest, you can extend your driving under the “unforseen circumstances” caveat by one hour, or if you need two hours to get back, you can do that as long as you an extra 30 mins rest immediately before the extra driving. Still need to do a printout though.

“Ferry train interruptions can now be done on reduced daily rest”?
I think not.
Gov.uk site, as of today doesn’t mention it that I can see.
gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours

You can interrupt a split full daily rest (9+3) but not a reduced daily rest.

I did say I was doing it off the top of my head…
It ought to have said Ferry/train interruptions of rest can now be done on reduced weekly rests as well as full daily rests

and… I could also have added the bit about interrupting a full weekly rest in the same way as long as you have access to a sleeper cabin and the journey is scheduled to be 8 hours or more, but it’s been a loooooong day so far and I wasn’t in full pedant-mode.

Zac_A:
and… I could also have added the bit about interrupting a full weekly rest in the same way as long as you have access to a sleeper cabin and the journey is scheduled to be 8 hours or more, but it’s been a loooooong day so far and I wasn’t in full pedant-mode.

If you take a query like a full on personal attack then yes, I guess you have had a very long day.
Oh, since we’re here, who would like to explain the difference between
Pedantry and Accuracy?

Franglais:
Pedantry and Accuracy?

Pedantry usually comes in a nasally twang and the sentences start “akcherly, I think you’ll find……” and are completed in a smug condescending manner. Accuracy is delivered with no inflection and zero sense of oneupmanship. :smiley:

the maoster:

Franglais:
Pedantry and Accuracy?

Pedantry usually comes in a nasally twang and the sentences start “akcherly, I think you’ll find……” and are completed in a smug condescending manner. Accuracy is delivered with no inflection and zero sense of oneupmanship. :smiley:

Accuracy is when I correct one of your posts.
Pedantry is when you correct one of mine.
Actually.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Franglais:

Zac_A:

If you take a query like a full on personal attack then yes, I guess you have had a very long day.
Pedantry and Accuracy?

I don’t know why you’d think I was “taking it as a full on personal attack”, for the record I typically find your posts to be some of the more constructive on here… actually :stuck_out_tongue:

Zac_A:

Franglais:

Zac_A:

Pedantry and Accuracy?

I don’t know why you’d think I was “taking it as a full on personal attack”, for the record I typically find your posts to be some of the more constructive on here… actually :stuck_out_tongue:

I was exaggerating a bit, but you did seem “defensive”?
Any way it wouldn’t have warranted comment if you were one of another group if posters here.
Take it as a compliment you’re held to higher standards.
[emoji3]