DCPC - Will anyone sit the course again to extend CPC

Just a nosy question. Is anyone planning to sit their CPC soon after Sept to get extension to 2024, as I think there will be many offers to be had and many training companies closing down?

Most drivers will just continue with 7 hours a year for the next five years I would have thought. Most companies seem to gearing up for that rather than trying do all 35 in one hit.

Fully intend to just do 1 day a year.

have no intention of doing any of it

truckerjim:
Just a nosy question. Is anyone planning to sit their CPC soon after Sept to get extension to 2024, as I think there will be many offers to be had and many training companies closing down?

I think that many of the training companies who sprang up purely as a reaction to periodic DCPC may struggle after September 9th.

I’ve done two modules towards the next lot but I didn’t pay for them.

Am I right in saying that if you do 35 hours cpc say in October it will only be valid for five years and not extend your card by a further five. I ask this as there was a bloke on my course yesterday who was planning to do his next 35 as soon as possible and believes it will extend his card ultimately upto ten years. I am sure this is not the case.

If your current DQC expiry date is 9/9/2019 and you do 35 hours after September 10th 2014…a new card will arrive on completion of the 35 hours (regardless of date of final module) with an expiry date of 9/9/2024.

I think of it as a 5 year ‘window’ - as long as you get 35 hours in each training window your new card will have expiry date 5 years from the end of the window. Hence you don’t get penalised for doing the 35 hours training early doors - providing the ‘window’ is open.

Darrenb the chap on your course was correct. As long as you have done 35 hours before the 9th of september so are covered till 2019 then any hours dcpc you do after september 9 will count to the period 2019-2024. However if you have not already done your 35 hours then any you do after september 9 will only be valid for 5 years from the date you complete your 35 hours.

Int it a load of complete bollox, :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Depending on who I talk to dsa I’ve either got 21 hours towards the next one, or 0 hours. So my ADR renewal will either take care of it, or I might need to do 2 more sessions before then ( prob do hours and first aid if I have to)

Gary

Might copy him then and do the same get my next set done asap after 10th.

MAT:
Most drivers will just continue with 7 hours a year for the next five years I would have thought. Most companies seem to gearing up for that rather than trying do all 35 in one hit.

This ^^

Most companies won’t take advantage of any savings to give their employees a 10 year card simply because people will take advantage of that, get the card and disappear with it as soon as another job comes along.

I’m not doing any at all towards the next lot.
The ones I have now will take me up to just short of my 65th birthday.
and that will do nicely unless I finish earlier. :laughing:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Could you explain how they count towards the next one?

SWEDISH BLUE:

Cotswoldcrunch:

Could you explain how they count towards the next one?

Those that have both PCV and LGV acquired rights have a one-off 6 year window from 09/09/2013 to 09/09/2019 in which periodic dcpc will count

A driver that passed mod 4 can get periodic hours to count

It has to be one of those two scenarios

The 2nd cycle of the cpc starts as of 0001GMT on 10.09.2014

Any extra cpc done over the 35 hours required in the 1st cycle cpc
eg adr is not carried forwards.

unless you have not done 35 hours in 1st cycle

Cotswoldcrunch:

They should have explained how those two modules will account for nothing. It’s the way the dcpc regs are worded.your card has to expire before you can continue training. It’ll change, but it hasn’t yet.

dangerousdan:
The 2nd cycle of the cpc starts as of 0001GMT on 10.09.2014

Any extra cpc done over the 35 hours required in the 1st cycle cpc
eg adr is not carried forwards.

unless you have not done 35 hours in 1st cycle

As I posted above - that is not always the case

axletramp:
I’m not doing any at all towards the next lot.
The ones I have now will take me up to just short of my 65th birthday.
and that will do nicely unless I finish earlier. :laughing:

I’ve just turned 71 and I’ve got my full 5 years that will take me up to 2019, by which time I’ll be 76!
I’ll let you know about 2018 if I’ll be going for it!