Getting rid of smells in the cab

After some minging ■■■■■■ smoked in my usual truck, I’m after some tips in getting rid of the smell from the cab. I’ve managed to get rid of the smell from the curtains, head liner, mattress and seats, but I just can’t get rid of it from the steering wheel.
I’ve used Chrome Pink, Mega Clean (the bright yellow stuff), flash kitchen cleaner and the scented antibacterial wipes, but the smell is not shifting, apart from the wheel to my hands.

Has anyone got any tips on how to get rid it?

About 3 weeks, that’s all that’ll shift it.

Rich262:
After some minging [zb] smoked in my usual truck, I’m after some tips in getting rid of the smell from the cab. I’ve managed to get rid of the smell from the curtains, head liner, mattress and seats, but I just can’t get rid of it from the steering wheel.
I’ve used Chrome Pink, Mega Clean (the bright yellow stuff), flash kitchen cleaner and the scented antibacterial wipes, but the smell is not shifting, apart from the wheel to my hands.

Get your firm to valet it at their expense and remind them it’s illegal to smoke in a truck if used by different drivers (although nobody seems to give a ■■■■ :unamused: )
Personally mate I wouldn’t have took it out of the yard if some ■■■■ had smoked in ‘‘my’’ motor until they got it back to how I left it, I wouldn’t work or try and sleep anong some inconsiderate 2hat’s ■■■■.

(inverted commas for the benefit of the day/night men before they bust a gut to remind me it’s the firm’s motor not mine :unamused: )

Doesn’t matter who owns the motor even if it is leased, its illegal to smoke in the work place. Let the dirty git pay for his misdemeanour.

I’ve pushed it up the chain to complain and work have paid for the febreeze/odour killer stuff, but I doubt they’ll pay for a new steering wheel as it’s just not shifting.
The guy responsible is a long term agency driver and is known to smoke in the cabs.
I share “mine” with a regular guy and we leave it spotless for each other, but when one of us has time off, the other has to suffer with getting another driver that doesn’t care if he lives like a pig or not.

Anyone know how get rid of smell.of.diesel?
My mate came back yesterday after few days off.he said come here opened his pax door the floor stank of diesel.
And was wet and damp.
From.what can make out had some agency lad in there for few days and and can’t prove it but we’re 99%certain he has had some kind of container in foot well and filled it with diesel .my matea beem.given a different truck for now but god.knows how there Gona clean it up.

We had a driver prosecuted for smoking in the cab of a lorry. It was suggested to us to fit in cab cameras to stop a reoccurrence.

Rich262:
After some minging [zb] smoked in my usual truck, I’m after some tips in getting rid of the smell from the cab. I’ve managed to get rid of the smell from the curtains, head liner, mattress and seats, but I just can’t get rid of it from the steering wheel.

raw tfr with a hard scrubbing brush

scotstrucker:

TFR - Traffic Film Remover?

Rich262:

scotstrucker:

yes

scotstrucker:

Rich262:

scotstrucker:

yes

Thanks, I’ll give it a go.

Rich262:
I’ve pushed it up the chain to complain and work have paid for the febreeze/odour killer stuff, but I doubt they’ll pay for a new steering wheel as it’s just not shifting.

No, I doubt they would pay for a new steering wheel either, and neither would I if you worked for me. Jesus H Christ, talk about “precious”. A temporary driver smoked and held the steering wheel and despite scrubbing it with every available cleaning agent under the sun, the stench from it is still so overwhelming that you can barely function?

Are you for real?

Rich262:

Fairly strong Zoflora and a brush to agitate it, wipe off. Using the soft brush will help to “like” the smell out of material. Do that a couple of times a day and regularly wipe it with baby wipes or your APC.

It will take time but it’ll shift. Give the dash a good cleaning in the same way and use some scented dressing. Anywhere that gets touched too, door handles, buttons and the glass too. Try and drive with the windows both down a bit all the time too, it’ll take a few weeks but you’ll shift it eventually.

God forbid the relief driver never had the audacity to lift a cheek and let one rip !! Ffs what is wrong with todays drivers …

You can tell the smokers from the non smokers on here eh? :smiley:
If you dare to complain about a stink in the cab you’re a wimp a snowflake and your ■■■■■■■■■ is questioned…classic :smiley:

Me?..I’m 6’1’ of mean butch trucker meat :laughing: …, but I ■■■■ HATE the smell of stale smoke lingering in ‘‘my’’ cab if some ill mannered ■■■■ has smoked in it I want to break their ■■■■ legs.
To the smokers just imagine if somebody wiped their arse and smeared the wheel with the paper and left a George the Third in the passenger footwell for good measure…well that is what it’s like for me as a non smoker. :bulb:
Hope that clears it up, …off to pluck my eyebrows and give my boyfriend a bell, so fill yer boots. :laughing:

I personally don’t use air freshener of any description. I’ve got an aversion to inhaling volatile chemicals, and they only mask a smell, not remove it. I do sympathize about the smell of a smoker though. I’ve found it helpful when parking the truck up overnight to leave both windows open about a half inch, just to ventilate it.

Smells don’t last forever.

The op has managed to get the smell out of all the difficult places yet sniffs the steering wheel and notice it’s still on a semi solid piece of plastic, surely a wet wipe would soon clean that ■■? Summit dont add up …

robroy:
.off to pluck my eyebrows and give my boyfriend a bell, so fill yer boots. :laughing:

Still waiting for your call ya big ■■■■■■■■ Nancy! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

New steering wheel FFS!
How can you isolate the smell of smoke to the steering wheel??

If this is not a troll then it’s all in your mind.
Had a dog throw up in my car once (an actual dog, not the ex) and even after about 50 valets shampoos and scrubbing with every product possible, I could still smell it even though no one else could and I had to sell the car

idrive:
New steering wheel FFS!
How can you isolate the smell of smoke to the steering wheel??

If this is not a troll then it’s all in your mind.
Had a dog throw up in my car once (an actual dog, not the ex) and even after about 50 valets shampoos and scrubbing with every product possible, I could still smell it even though no one else could and I had to sell the car

Maybe all in the mind …