Cab funk

Not the dancing kind but odor. After being given a start date for Class 1 from my lot (huzzah!) I was supposed to be out on them next week but my impeccable sense of timing is at play once again. It was all set that I would hand over my truck to the new guy today but instead of putting me in with the big boys I’m driving another rigid, this time it belongs to the driver who was taken ill last week. Not wishing to speak badly of this chap but to say he had a bit of a hygiene problem would be the understandment of the year! The company have since paid to have it cleaned it was that bad, so much so that even now after its been sorted there is a nasty, lingering smell. Its like its been soaked into the curtains and upholstery, even the seatbelt reeks and there is no way I can get away from that.

I’ve got to drive it for a week before they move me into another truck to cover a driver who’s on holiday then I’m into Class 1 but in the mean time, how do I get rid of this smell other than sitting with Vicks Vapour rub under my nose all day? I’ve tried Febreeze but that hasn’t worked.

Open both doors and jet wash the ■■■■■■■■ out of it then with the supposedly nice weather we are gonna get over the wknd hopefully it will dry out

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It might help to take the curtains home and instruct your woman to wash them, then you could wipe the seats over with warm soapy water maybe? Otherwise just keep the windows open as much as possible, no smell can last forever.

I’d refuse point blank to drive it

Make sure you use an anti-bacterial type cleaner/freshener.
Spray onto the fabrics in the cab and this will kill the germs that make the bad smell rather than just mask it.

Eat plenty of Baked Beans and put your own mark on it! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
Eat plenty of Baked Beans and put your own mark on it! :smiley:

My kind of thinking… baked beans and Guinness. :smiley:

Ring in sick :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe try a pet ‘accident’ odour remover?

W.

Can of Neutradol should work in the short term, I use it after the Dirty Smokers have used my Tractor overnight & leave the windows open a little bit when you park it up.

Failing all that, take a clothes peg for your nose. [emoji90][emoji103][emoji6]

As it’s Saturday I couldn’t resist :stuck_out_tongue:
youtu.be/IqP76XWHQI0

Seen as you’ll only have to put up with it for a week, this option may be futile. But pick yourself up a can of Autosmart Blast air fresher (come in a few different smells) and fumigate your cab with it. They’re strong enough to make your eyes and skin sting if you’re in the cab at the same time as you spray it (speaking from experience) and they come out the nozzel like a ■■■■■■■ fire extinguisher! Very strong and long lasting, iv used them on many a cabs myself, and they’ve gone from smeggy swamp limper smells to bubble gum blast in less than 2 mins. Also make cracking flamethrowers :smiley:

Either get “Zaflora” concentrated disinfectant from any supermarket and spray cab completely or packet of bicarbonate of soda and empty into bowl and leave in cab over weekend.
Bicarbonate of soda draws out smells. (good to tip in smelly boots/trainers then tip out next morn!!![emoji6])

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

lxkllr:
Seen as you’ll only have to put up with it for a week, this option may be futile. But pick yourself up a can of Autosmart Blast air fresher (come in a few different smells) and fumigate your cab with it. They’re strong enough to make your eyes and skin sting if you’re in the cab at the same time as you spray it (speaking from experience) and they come out the nozzel like a [zb] fire extinguisher! Very strong and long lasting, iv used them on many a cabs myself, and they’ve gone from smeggy swamp limper smells to bubble gum blast in less than 2 mins. Also make cracking flamethrowers :smiley:

I use it in the car but at £3-£5 a can its not cheap.
Don’t light a ■■■ shortly after spraying it, the amount of propellant is huge. :open_mouth:
I find spraying it in the night before when parked up and I know I won’t be inside for several hours, then vent the vehicle for a few mins before driving

Set fire to some newspaper in a metal bucket and shut the doors

Febreeze spray and add a capful of Zoflora to it, then spray away :smiley: :smiley:

Un bolt the drivers seat take it out and use the steam cleaner on it with plenty of TFR, its a bit radical but the moisture in sweat is a breeding ground for bacteria hence the smell.

OVLOV JAY:
I’d refuse point blank to drive it

Ask the boss would he drive it ■■ We have drivers like that why can’t they use a shower ■■?

steve the argonaut:
Febreeze spray and add a capful of Zoflora to it, then spray away :smiley: :smiley:

+1
£2 for the Febreze only option, if you’re on a budget. Remove all clothing, use gloves if necessary. Spray about a quarter of the bottle around when you first get there, close the doors and do your external checks including the tea/coffee/chat/windups checks. Then share what’s left each day for the rest of the week. Keep it to hand during the day for a quick spray in dire need. I had to drive a wagon used by a driver who takes his dog with him every day. I survived. And I’m no Superman.

lxkllr:
Seen as you’ll only have to put up with it for a week, this option may be futile. But pick yourself up a can of Autosmart Blast air fresher (come in a few different smells) and fumigate your cab with it. They’re strong enough to make your eyes and skin sting if you’re in the cab at the same time as you spray it (speaking from experience) and they come out the nozzel like a [zb] fire extinguisher! Very strong and long lasting, iv used them on many a cabs myself, and they’ve gone from smeggy swamp limper smells to bubble gum blast in less than 2 mins. Also make cracking flamethrowers :smiley:

+1 berry blast…deff the bizzo…coupled with a couple of dr zogs ■■■ wax air freshners,£2 a pop from ebay…job done…you will go home smelling like a tarts handbag… :smiley: