More DCPC training bollocks

Another interminably boring day of DCPC training today. “Customer service” was one of the modules.

In response to the trainer’s question of “What do you do if the customer raises an issue with you about a delivery?”, my answer of "I’d say “look mate, if you don’t want the ■■■■■■■ stuff, just let me know and I’ll ■■■■ off with it, it’s no skin off my nose’” was apparently not the correct answer.

Two down, three to go. Hopefully, post-Brexit we can get rid of this nonsense.

Top answer given in my opinion H :laughing:

Can’t see it going anywhere soon though mate, plenty money in talking ■■■■■■■■. (Ask MP’S).

You doing them all at once, Harry? At least you’ll catch up on your sleep :smiley:

I had this the other week when doing multi drop, “this was supposed to be here at the weekend bla bla bla” Well I wasn’t working the weekend maybe wasn’t the correct response :unamused:

Harry Monk:
Another interminably boring day of DCPC training today. “Customer service” was one of the modules.

In response to the trainer’s question of “What do you do if the customer raises an issue with you about a delivery?”, my answer of "I’d say “look mate, if you don’t want the [zb] stuff, just let me know and I’ll [zb] off with it, it’s no skin off my nose’” was apparently not the correct answer.

You’ve forgotten to get him to sign beside ‘delivery rejected’

Unfortunately, Brexit will not happen.
And this kind of thing is here to stay either way

DCPC is sorely needed. Makes me laugh that truck drivers wonder why people don’t treat them like professionals when they have an attitude like Harry Monk’s.

The only sad part about the DCPC is that there’s no exam to sit. It’d weed out all the knuckle dragging neanderthals that seriously need to be purged from the job so the rest of us can see an improvement in conditions and pay.

Conor:
DCPC is sorely needed. Makes me laugh that truck drivers wonder why people don’t treat them like professionals when they have an attitude like Harry Monk’s.

The only sad part about the DCPC is that there’s no exam to sit. It’d weed out all the knuckle dragging neanderthals that seriously need to be purged from the job so the rest of us can see an improvement in conditions and pay.

The DCPC isn’t what is needed, totally unfit for any purpose other than being the cheapest way for the UK haulage industry to comply with an ill thought out EU directive.
Therefore I’d rather sit through a DCPC course with the likes of Harry and the odd humorous quip than some soulless arrogant, self righteous [zb] and as I know some of Harry’s past activities, I’d rather employ him to do a trip for us than somebody who can just about manage to get 4.5 hours away from base, however good at the DCPC they might think they are.

Customer issues.
Depends on the time of day and customer attitude.
In the morning period and I need a couple of brews and a bacon sandwich and they have got a canteen. Yes and its 75% interest.
Later on in the day and if they have shower facilities for me (and only me) and they get my undiveded attention with any problems.
If the customer doesn’t want to help me, then interest in the load disappears.
And should the customer get really shirty well its point to the wagon and say “big trucks is what I know about”

BTW I was asked to leave first 7hrs of the CPC for indicating WTD mistakes on the power point presentation which, when the instructor realised , ruined a full CPC syllabus and not been realised by 200 previous candidates/drivers and the guy who wrote the course! Second 7hrs on SAFED I got better MPG than the same instructor on the same route.

Conor:

I tend to agree to a certain extent. Some modules on DCPC are certainly worthwhile for a lot of drivers (if they are prepared to listen) but a lot depends on who takes the training.
There are some excellent establishments and some that really need weeding out but if some of the exsisting modules were revamped and a few more worthwhile ones brought in and a proper exam at the end with Pass or Fail then we might see some improvement in standards all round. :wink:

Harry Monk:

In response to the trainer’s question of “What do you do if the customer raises an issue with you about a delivery?”, my answer of "I’d say “look mate, if you don’t want the [zb] stuff, just let me know and I’ll [zb] off with it, it’s no skin off my nose’” was apparently not the correct answer.

Me and another driver said pretty much exactly the same thing at the same time when this came up in our CPC earlier this year and was also told it wasn’t the correct approach to the situation. I’ve used it a few times with awkward customers and it always seems to work. It’s surprising how helpful they become when you threaten to take it away.

When I meet customers I am always polite and courteous to them. If they give me arrogant nonsense in return then I can out swear the lot of the knuckle dragging gets. Some flt drivers need a good kicking in my opinion.

Conor:

I am not sure what is more moronic, your statement or. Your delusional thinking. The DCPC is a complete and utter waste of time, especially when you read on here how trainers are proved to be incompetent.

As for better pay and conditions, well that is the moronic part… you really expect a customer to give a hoot if a driver does 8 hours or 15 … they just want want the goods delivered safely and as cheap as possible. Truck drivers are not professionals , they are just upgraded car drivers and class 2 drivers, some just have an ego and need to think driving a class one is a professional job.

Conor:

Conditions and pay will never improve while the industry comprises largely of brown-nosing yes-men happy to give up their limited free time for nothing to be lectured about a job which, in many cases, the trainer has never actually done.

To fair it’s the customer that needs training. What’s the point of taking their frustrations out on someone who is bottom of the food chain on not much more then minimum wage, about the quality of the product or the lateness of the the delivery. All of which they have no control over. The customer should take the matter up with someone more appropriate.

idrive:
Unfortunately, Brexit will not happen.
And this kind of thing is here to stay either way

Correct answer

I did vulnerable road users yesterday with a whole 2 hours on highway code :frowning:
couple that with being awake from 2am and it was yawn o’clock

Any problems with customers or delivery I just handed a piece of paper across, on it name and phone number of the boss. He always said I just drive and deliver the stuff, he sorts out any problems. That way customers couldn’t say I was being awkward or difficult.

I had the dubious pleasure of all this dcpc bullcrap last week, but not too bothered as it was a work day with pay this time. :sunglasses:

Was taught a couple of gems.
Apparentlly on your second break on a 15 hr max shift it has to be the full 45mins, not a 15 then a 30.
Also…wait for it.
You must never take your break sat in driver’s seat…but either on passenger seat, bunk or outside the truck
I sarcastically told him I take mine in my trailer, he said with a serious look on his face…
‘‘That should be ok as long as you were not doing anything that could be construed as work’’
Brilliant eh. :unamused:

robroy:
I had the dubious pleasure of all this dcpc bullcrap last week, but not too bothered as it was a work day with pay this time. :sunglasses:

Was taught a couple of gems.
Apparentlly on your second break on a 15 hr max shift it has to be the full 45mins, not a 15 then a 30.
Also…wait for it.
You must never take your break sat in driver’s seat…but either on passenger seat, bunk or outside the truck
I sarcastically told him I take mine in my trailer, he said with a serious look on his face…
‘‘That should be ok as long as you were not doing anything that could be construed as work’’
Brilliant eh. :unamused:

Now there’s an ingenious way to extract more money from us…sending a Vosa (Dvsa or whatever it is they’re called this week) round truckstops/ msa’s and nicking drivers who are sat in the drivers seats with tachos on break, brilliant!