and :question:

Your point being… :smiley:

Swampey2418:
Your point being… :smiley:

I got a new used 2nd hand phone :grimacing:

Bet it knocked off Stobarts one…lmao :grimacing:

Swampey2418:
Bet it knocked off Stobarts one…lmao :grimacing:

na its not that green :wink: its a poxy Sam ace useless piece of carp borrowed of me sister till I get the boy to change his IPhone

I am not doing mine, had ENOUGH.

Had enough of what …:question: Traffic… bad pay… the rules…

If you are not doing it ,it wont be yours.You will miss the glamour of it all and be trying to get back in the saddle.

leslie g heath:

So go on then who else is manning up & backing their distain for that useless bag of ■■■■■ card then & knocking it on the head■■?

Or is it the usual bravado BS.

No, it is not bs.As I wrote in a thread earlier in the year I have done nearly 40 years, trucks, buses and coaches.It is not the traffic, I plod on and let people do what they want, I hardly ever get stressed, frustrated maybe,i just no longer enjoy the job.
In fact it is the endless bs and hs that I have had enough of.I am too old to take it all on board,the rules and pettiness go over my head, I fail to grasp the reason for it.
I did consider continuing, but recently I did an agency shift which involved delivering to the Co Op at Andover and I committed the heinious crime of taking the wrong road.
I was informed of this grave matter by a very young Co Op driver who informed me I would be fined, my company would be fined and ND would lose their operators licence.
It was the way he told me, no respect or trying to be helpful, just downright arrogant and rude,it kind of summed everything up for me,bs and hs gone mad.

Silver_Surfer:

leslie g heath:

So go on then who else is manning up & backing their distain for that useless bag of [zb] card then & knocking it on the head■■?

Or is it the usual bravado BS.

I’ve recently completed my 35 hours. This will take me up to around 6 weeks short of my 65th birthday which, unless I retire earlier will do nicely, despite the DWP informing me I cannot draw my pension until I’m 66 :open_mouth:
I have been doing this job since 1976 when I was 21 and need a rest soon. :laughing:

leslie g heath:
No, it is not bs.As I wrote in a thread earlier in the year I have done nearly 40 years, trucks, buses and coaches.It is not the traffic, I plod on and let people do what they want, I hardly ever get stressed, frustrated maybe,i just no longer enjoy the job.
In fact it is the endless bs and hs that I have had enough of.I am too old to take it all on board,the rules and pettiness go over my head, I fail to grasp the reason for it.
I did consider continuing, but recently I did an agency shift which involved delivering to the Co Op at Andover and I committed the heinious crime of taking the wrong road.
I was informed of this grave matter by a very young Co Op driver who informed me I would be fined, my company would be fined and ND would lose their operators licence.
It was the way he told me, no respect or trying to be helpful, just downright arrogant and rude,it kind of summed everything up for me,bs and hs gone mad.

well said

leslie g heath:
In fact it is the endless bs and hs that I have had enough of.I am too old to take it all on board,the rules and pettiness go over my head, I fail to grasp the reason for it.I did consider continuing, but recently I did an agency shift which involved delivering to the Co Op at Andover and I committed the heinious crime of taking the wrong road.

I could’nt agree with you more on this one

I would also agree with you 100% on this, unfortunately the majority that haven’t got your time in need it to keep working. No matter what you or anyone else thinks of it, how it’s run, the cost, the time, the whole pointlessness of it, the bottom line is: if you want to drive HGV for money you need it. :cry:
The only hope is that it changes significantly in the future. :smiley:

I have one of those blue pieces of plastic. Cost me £300 of my own money, saved up from working every Saturday morning in my last contract. It now tells the world I have a card saying I am a qualified driver, which is strange as that is what I thought my HGV and PSV categories on my license did?

This whole dcpc seems very surreal some days and I still have absolutely no idea what its purpose was, other than relieving me of 300 notes?

LIBERTY_GUY:
I have one of those blue pieces of plastic. Cost me £300 of my own money, saved up from working every Saturday morning in my last contract. It now tells the world I have a card saying I am a qualified driver, which is strange as that is what I thought my HGV and PSV categories on my license did?

This whole dcpc seems very surreal some days and I still have absolutely no idea what its purpose was, other than relieving me of 300 notes?

no the HGV PSV bits on your licence just says you passed a driving test …that’s it nothing else …
The blue little card now says you did some other listening to how to drive within the other bits being , driving regulations which some so called professional drivers just didn’t take any notice of …
so now we all know or should know how many hours etc we can LEGALLY do …
I suppose we could argue that if drivers and TM hadn’t pushed and shoved to get that extra bit done bt bending and breaking the rules we might never of had the DCPC :wink:

If the idea was to use the dcpc as a way of ensuring that drivers know the rules then it failed before it started because a driver can do all sorts of dcpc without ever having to sit a course on the regs

ROG:
If the idea was to use the dcpc as a way of ensuring that drivers know the rules then it failed before it started because a driver can do all sorts of dcpc without ever having to sit a course on the regs

but Most courses are run around tachograph use and checks etc the proble with it is there is NO testing

Thing is though, some of those dcpc ‘trainers’ have given out lots of incorrect information to drivers, which is kind of self defeating from an ‘educational’ perspective surely?

I would rather it have been one days training every three years, to bring everyone up to speed with changes in legislation and to a strict curriculum to ensure those topics were actually covered. Certainly doesn’t need 35 hours training every five years to sit in a traffic jam on some forlorn motorway somewhere.