DCPC day

Internal, done by FTA.

A few questions badly worded in one of the exercises including one regarding WTD. Options were 10 mins, 20 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins. A few minutes ‘debate’ following me saying that the question was badly worded and the correct option (15 mins) was not present. He would not have it that a 15 min break reset the working time clock and held that if you took a 15 minute break after say 3 hours then you’d have to take another 15 minute break 3 hours later. Ended it by saying to him ‘I’m right, you’re wrong. Just look at the WTD rules on the government website’.

He said that’ll he’ll check it tonight, bet he doesn’t. But then again he might, I outscored the rest of the group by a decent margin in the questions which should indicate that I have more than reasonable grasp on the subject matter.

Vid:
Internal, done by FTA.

A few questions badly worded in one of the exercises including one regarding WTD. Options were 10 mins, 20 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins. A few minutes ‘debate’ following me saying that the question was badly worded and the correct option (15 mins) was not present. He would not have it that a 15 min break reset the working time clock and held that if you took a 15 minute break after say 3 hours then you’d have to take another 15 minute break 3 hours later. Ended it by saying to him ‘I’m right, you’re wrong. Just look at the WTD rules on the government website’.

He said that’ll he’ll check it tonight, bet he doesn’t. But then again he might, I outscored the rest of the group by a decent margin in the questions which should indicate that I have more than reasonable grasp on the subject matter.

Our lot are exactly the same.I’m forever getting infringments for not having half hour.Told them it’s 15.But they are’nt listening.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:
I’m forever getting infringments for not having half hour.Told them it’s 15.But they are’nt listening.

Is that a company policy :question:

This government website!!!

ROG:

daftvader:
I’m forever getting infringments for not having half hour.Told them it’s 15.But they are’nt listening.

Yeah it is.

daftvader:

ROG:

daftvader:

Yeah it is.

The Co I work for have the same 30 min break policy too. It’s their train set, I’m paid by the hour, my breaks aren’t deducted. Crack on I say.

15 mins resets the clock but if your working day exceeds 6 hrs you need another 15 (30 if it exceeds 9hrs.) followed by at least 1 more minute of work before end of shift.

Sounds like the same trainers who convinced/brainwashed one of our ‘noobs’ (the one I mentioned elsewhere that still can’t reverse for toffee) into believing and therefore arguing with the ‘seasoned’ drivers that it’s illegal to do 2 x 10 hr drives on the bounce

Actrosman:
Sounds like the same trainers who convinced/brainwashed one of our ‘noobs’ (the one I mentioned elsewhere that still can’t reverse for toffee) into believing and therefore arguing with the ‘seasoned’ drivers that it’s illegal to do 2 x 10 hr drives on the bounce

Tell him you can do 4 on the bounce with the right shift pattern, that’d get his head spinning

That might please the drivers on the Manc run we start soon… Reading to Salford and back ‘is’ do’able in 8hrs (including unloading) total according to our DGM… not having to worry about driving hrs as such (I do about 20/wk) and rarely worry about even breaking 6hrs, I just have an hour on the bay to build the hours up, how do you do 4 on the trot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actrosman:
That might please the drivers on the Manc run we start soon… Reading to Salford and back ‘is’ do’able in 8hrs (including unloading) total according to our DGM… not having to worry about driving hrs as such (I do about 20/wk) and rarely worry about even breaking 6hrs, I just have an hour on the bay to build the hours up, how do you do 4 on the trot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t think I’d be wanting to do 2 on the bounce never mind 4 :neutral_face: but Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday gets you 4