Another WTD disagreement with a planner

so forget driving time ect and look at wtd on its own
Start 04 00 15 min break at 09 00

work till 14 30 take another 30 min break

work till 19 00

He says i need a break at 13 00 of 30min as i have exceeded 9 hrs from 04 00 to 13 00
Whos right one for taco maybe

By my reckoning you should have had 15 minutes at 10.00.

Edit, I should read the post correctly, sorry, seems okay to me what you’ve done.

Drift:

why i had 15 at 9 thus resetting the 6 hour rule

bjd:

Drift:

why i had 15 at 9 thus resetting the 6 hour rule

I edited, sorry bud, read it wrong :wink:

i havent worked more than 6 hours with out a break of at least 15 min and i have had the total breaks required for the shift lenth

Drift:

Edit, I should read the post correctly, sorry, seems okay to me what you’ve done.

ok imm always not reading things properly

You took your 15 min break within the first 6 hours, and took a total of 45 mins in total, as you exceeded 9 hours, so no problem there.

But why the hell would you want to work a 15hr day?!

khdgsa:
You took your 15 min break within the first 6 hours, and took a total of 45 mins in total, as you exceeded 9 hours, so no problem there.

But why the hell would you want to work a 15hr day?!

i didnt it was something that came up in a debate i mm allergic to 15 hour days

To me, it looks like your planner is right. You went over nine hours with only a break of 15 minutes. Your 2nd break sholud have been at 1315 or before. Then again this wtd is a load of bull anyway.

Your example is correct.

You’ve taken a total of 45min breaks across the duty time as it’s over 9hrs, taken 15 min before any 6hr period is exceeded so everything in order.

Maybe your planner needs to reacquaint with the regulations [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjd:
so forget driving time ect and look at wtd on its own
Start 04 00 15 min break at 09 00

work till 14 30 take another 30 min break

work till 19 00

He says i need a break at 13 00 of 30min as i have exceeded 9 hrs from 04 00 to 13 00
Whos right one for taco maybe

He’s wrong, you do not need a break at 13:00.

What you’ve done is perfectly legal.

0400 - 1430 = 10.5 hrs with only 15 mins of break.

Wayne:
To me, it looks like your planner is right. You went over nine hours with only a break of 15 minutes. Your 2nd break sholud have been at 1315 or before. Then again this wtd is a load of bull anyway.

Nope, this is a common misconception that you need 30 minutes of break before exceeding 9 hours working time, that only applies if the total shift will not be more than 9 hours working time, in this case the OP is doing a 15 hour shift so as long as he has a total of 45 minutes break and does not work more than 6 hours without a break he can have the breaks whenever he likes.

thank you chaps

I disagree

You cannot work for more than 6 accumulative hours without a break. As defined by the Drivers hour’s laws, a break must be at least 15 minutes in length in order to qualify as a break.

If you are to work between 6 – 9 hours, then you must accumulate 30 minutes of break across your shift.

You can do this by taking periods of breaks at least 15 minutes in length or a full 30 minutes of break all at once. Just remember to not work more than 6 consecutive hours without a break of at least 15 minutes.

If you continue to work up until you exceed 9 hours of WTD, then you must take a further 15 minute break. So 45 minutes of break across the shift in total. Again, this can be taken in periods of at least 15 minutes or more, or all at once provided you do not breach other regulations.

You can take this additional break at any time throughout the day once your duty has begun, and it may also be included on the end of another break, but it must be no later than after 9 hours of total WTD.

Note – Please note that your required 45 minute break to comply with driver’s hour’s law can be used as the same break to satisfy the WTD rules.

Wayne:

You don’t need to have had 45min break by 9hrs if your shifts longer

Take a 13hr shift for example

Start 0600 - work 6hrs till 12, take break of 15min

12:15 work 4hrs till 16:15 take 15min

16:30 work 2hrs till 18:30 take 15min

Work till 1900. End shift

You’ve taken the required 45min across the duty time, not exceeded any 6hr period without a break.

Not that you’d want to do those times without more breaks but to satisfy WTD you could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne:
I disagree

You cannot work for more than 6 accumulative hours without a break. As defined by the Drivers hour’s laws, a break must be at least 15 minutes in length in order to qualify as a break.

If you are to work between 6 – 9 hours, then you must accumulate 30 minutes of break across your shift.

You can do this by taking periods of breaks at least 15 minutes in length or a full 30 minutes of break all at once. Just remember to not work more than 6 consecutive hours without a break of at least 15 minutes.

If you continue to work up until you exceed 9 hours of WTD, then you must take a further 15 minute break. So 45 minutes of break across the shift in total. Again, this can be taken in periods of at least 15 minutes or more, or all at once provided you do not breach other regulations.

You can take this additional break at any time throughout the day once your duty has begun, and it may also be included on the end of another break, but it must be no later than after 9 hours of total WTD.

Note – Please note that your required 45 minute break to comply with driver’s hour’s law can be used as the same break to satisfy the WTD rules.

The total amount of WTD breaks for a whole shift depends on how long the working time is in that shift
IF the WT is between 6 and 9 then 30 total need
OR - so not both
IF the WT is over 9 hours then 45 total is needed

You seem to be saying that BOTH rules apply if the WT is over 9 hours but it is quite clear that only one applies

Is that what you are saying :question:

Wayne:
I disagree

• You need a total of 30 minutes break if the total working time is between 6 and 9 hours.

Or

• You Need a total of 45 minutes break if the total working time exceeds 9 hours.

It’s one rule or the other but not both.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=141623&p=2230335#p2230335

legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005 … ion/7/made

Wayne:
I disagree

You can take this additional break at any time throughout the day once your duty has begun, and it may also be included on the end of

another break, but it must be no later than after 9 hours of total WTD.

it dosent sat accumulative hours

All I can see is that the OP worked 10.5 hrs and in that time only showed a 15 minute break. As I read it the rules say if your shift is between 6 and 9hrs you need to have a 30 min break. I’m not saying that I am right but that’s my interpretation of it.