Working Time Directive Advice

I’m not really a new driver but this WTD gets confusing for me, specially with all the diff company policies - I was wondering if you could answer a few simple questions for me please.

#1. If I drive around 2hrs ish a night but work for say 8-10hrs would I be ok to have a 30 min break before 6hrs then go back to the yard and unload? Or Would I need a full 45 for it to count.

#2. What is the legal Minimum WTD Break? I used to just have a 15 as my first then a 30 later on (On a longer driving shift)

#3. What is a “Truncated” infringement? I am guessing its something to do with not enough weekly rest? (Totting up)

I have read WTD rules etc but I honestly thought it was 15 mins the min break, although I’m being told its 30 now? any advice is much appreciated Thanks.

Danny.

WTD 9 hours work or less 15min break
9 hours or more 30 min break

Tacho break before 4.5 hours driving you can take 45mins in one go or a 15 min break followed by a 30 min break

Don’t worry to much about the wtd but make sure you get your Tacho’s right thats the one that can cost you money

4whatitsworth:
WTD 6 - 9 hours work 30min break
9 hours or more 45 min break

FTFY You’re welcome.

Coffeeholic:

4whatitsworth:

FTFY You’re welcome.

For what’s its worth ain’t worth much obviously :open_mouth: :smiley:

bald bloke:

Coffeeholic:

4whatitsworth:

FTFY You’re welcome.

For what’s its worth ain’t worth much obviously :open_mouth: :smiley:

Well i had to do a dcpc course and its really ■■■■■■ me up :frowning:

Jotunkaiser:
#1. If I drive around 2hrs ish a night but work for say 8-10hrs would I be ok to have a 30 min break before 6hrs then go back to the yard and unload? Or Would I need a full 45 for it to count.

Depends which side of the 9h line your total working time falls. If your total working time is more than 6 hours but less than 9 hours or less then you need 30 minutes of total breaks organised in such a way that you do not at any point work more than 6 hours without a break. If your total working time is over 9 hours then you must have breaks totalling 45 minutes during the shift.

Jotunkaiser:
#2. What is the legal Minimum WTD Break? I used to just have a 15 as my first then a 30 later on (On a longer driving shift)

It must be at least 15 minutes to count for the WTD.

Jotunkaiser:
#3. What is a “Truncated” infringement? I am guessing its something to do with not enough weekly rest? (Totting up)

No idea on that one.

HTH,
Paul.

repton:

Jotunkaiser:

Depends which side of the 9h line your total working time falls. If your total working time is more than 6 hours but less than 9 hours or less then you need 30 minutes of total breaks organised in such a way that you do not at any point work more than 6 hours without a break. If your total working time is over 9 hours then you must have breaks totalling 45 minutes during the shift.

Jotunkaiser:

It must be at least 15 minutes to count for the WTD.

Jotunkaiser:

No idea on that one.

HTH,
Paul.

Truncated means you’ve cut short something, like a weekly rest or daily rest.

Jotunkaiser:
I’m not really a new driver but this WTD gets confusing for me, specially with all the diff company policies - I was wondering if you could answer a few simple questions for me please.

I have read WTD rules etc but I honestly thought it was 15 mins the min break, although I’m being told its 30 now? any advice is much appreciated Thanks.

Danny.

Forget all the different company policies, learn the legislation for the EU Drivers rules & WTD/RTD and ignore the rest. The upcoming DCPC is not about teaching company policy, it is about the current legislation and safety apparently (allegedly) (astonishingly)

sorry posted wrong reply lol