Legal help.

toby1234abc:
Any legal Beagles on here, can you help, my driver is being charged with dangerous driving, careless driving and failing to stop after a RTC, he was on the way back from Istanbul with a load of shower units and alleged to hit a lorry between Dover and Folkestone ?

What will the fine be, will there be a prison sentence, he does not remember hitting the lorry, several witness statements and an ex traffic policeman, who works for Highways England saw the road debris but not the RTC ?

He attended a voluntary interview, under caution .
The Roadhawk camera did not record the event .

I assume, that the HE TO came out of crosshabour outstation … the police have to prove beyond reasonable doubt … this traffic officer see debris on the road … and assumed that your truck was the culprit… there is no witnesses to state it was your driver only the damage … I really hope your driver undertook a no comment interview and had a lawyer present ., one question you need to ask your driver is did you hit him or not … I would be surprised if it be the case he didn’t know he hit the vehicle …

What I suggest you do is, call the HE head office and ask for the incident number for the collision from the SE RCC … based at jct 7 in Godstone. … ask for the CCTV… and request it under the FOI … that way you can locate the time of day place etc … and see if another vehicle with similar marking was running the same route …

I assume Kent RPU is dealing it with.

I have a feeling that the ex traffic cop from Kent police at the HE (I can’t say his name on here) …but will PM you it … edit I tried to pm you but it wouldn’t allow … I think the initials could be CS.

The HE officer on scene would of entered data into his personal note book, now he is claiming to be a witness I would suggest you get your insurer to instruct lawyers to obtain said info if it is not forthcoming…