Wot? no forthcoming £2000 fine?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b … e-49594810

I have a lot of sympathy for him actually and I don’t begrudge him for getting into our country, just it was a bit of a shock and have not had that much adrenaline pumping through our veins for a long time."

Hopefully he will just as happy to receive & pay a big fine to help with the cost of processing the little darling…

So how is it if this was a lorry driver he’d be facing a fine, guilty or not.
So this driver will be getting a big fine then?
No, didn’t think so.

sent using smoke signals

So he parks his car on a street in Calais and spends the night in a hotel and did not check the topbox ? defies belief eh?

Twoninety88:
So he parks his car on a street in Calais and spends the night in a hotel and did not check the topbox ? defies belief eh?

Yes, it does. Thule are the top of the range roofboxes and the locks are quite good, 2 of them normally, that lock automatically when you close the lid. So this guy, in a street outside a hotel, has picked / carefully burst without damaging 2 locks, disposed of the contents of the box far enough away for nobody to notice, climbed in and pulled it shut with the locks either not damaged at all, or damage not noticeable when you are looking straight at one of them at eye level when you open the car door.
It might be by virtue of bad experience :blush: but I always give the roofbox a shake, check it’s locked every time I get in the car.
I am surprised border people do not ask you to open roofboxes more often, came back with 2 long ones on a few weeks ago, not a second glance. Will be now I suppose :unamused:

Sounds a bit fishy to me, what numpty stops at calais these days.

and what happened to the Xray and bodyheat sensors at calais.

jongood:
Sounds a bit fishy to me, what numpty stops at calais these days.

and what happened to the Xray and bodyheat sensors at calais.

I’ve never seen any evidence of private cars being subjected to X-Ray or body heat scanners (although to be fair I think it’s a couple of years since I last came through Calais).

He is obviously not a criminal he wasnt driving a truck.

How do you see two feet sticking out, when the police had to crowbar it open??

“If someone wants to spend 10 hours in my roofbox to get in to England he must be coming from somewhere worse than that” – he’s coming from France FFS :unamused:

Twoninety88:

The guy inside must have kept pretty still for a prolonged period - or you’d think the car driver would notice the whole car jiggling about with occopant’s fidgeting as he approached it with his keys… :question:

The guy speaking looks like an Egyptian … :laughing: :laughing:

Straight back to France, or better still Egypt… Some hope. I’m as surprised as others about how he managed to get in in the first place. If it was me I’d have probably beaten the crap out of him for chucking all my gear out, if I was bigger than him. :slight_smile:

Holy crap. I literally logged in to post the same topic as you did but you beat me to it. As said, if this were a commercial driver then absolutely would have been slapped with a huge fine! I’d imagine the story would have been worded differently too if it was a HGV and not a car with all sorts of naming and shaming and some bullshine about how trucks are bad and blah blah blah :neutral_face:

manski:

Twoninety88:

Yes, it does. Thule are the top of the range roofboxes and the locks are quite good, 2 of them normally, that lock automatically when you close the lid. So this guy, in a street outside a hotel, has picked / carefully burst without damaging 2 locks, disposed of the contents of the box far enough away for nobody to notice, climbed in and pulled it shut with the locks either not damaged at all, or damage not noticeable when you are looking straight at one of them at eye level when you open the car door.
It might be by virtue of bad experience :blush: but I always give the roofbox a shake, check it’s locked every time I get in the car.
I am surprised border people do not ask you to open roofboxes more often, came back with 2 long ones on a few weeks ago, not a second glance. Will be now I suppose :unamused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
whoever he paid locked him into the topbox…
if he can prove he is 17 to get better treatment then he ust have id.
in that case it should be a formality to sling him out and deport him back to egypt.
its not exactly war torn when millions of brits go holidaying there.

Remember to ratchet strap you roof box lid closed.
I figure after a week or two after arriving home any smell will indicate if anyone’s been hiding up there

Now now Pierre not very pc but…