XPO Iceland Warrington

Anybody got any reveiws about this place, decent hourly rate & paid breaks.

The job seems to be advertised constantly which is never a good thing.

Any info would be a big help

I was told that it’s around £14 p/h. They’re constantly advertising as it’s bloody hard physical graft which doesn’t seem to suit many. I don’t work for Iceland but I do work for XPO frozen and often have to go there or Swindon and work out of there pulling their trailers. Like I say, bloody hard graft.

It’s £12.56 weekdays and £14.10 weekends.

I’ve heard people say it’s really hard graft but seriously how hard can it be to pump truck 26 pallets off or push 40 odd cages■■?

I work for Stobarts and do the odd Tesco job and admittedly it’s more physical that general haulage, but you can push I think it’s 44 cages off and fill it with cardboard/plastic in less than an hour.

Saying that I’ve never done it day in day out hence asking the advice.

QUIGZZ:

I’ve heard people say it’s really hard graft but seriously how hard can it be to pump truck 26 pallets off or push 40 odd cages■■?

I work for Stobarts and do the odd Tesco job and admittedly it’s more physical that general haulage, but you can push I think it’s 44 cages off and fill it with cardboard/plastic in less than an hour.

Very few Iceland’s have loading bays so it’s a tail lift job,used to deliver to a place next door to an Iceland and always chatted to the Iceland driver as we were both there bang on 7:30am because of a noise restriction before that,that particular store had a slope upto the door and I’d often lend a hand as a full pallet of chips ect is rather heavy and the shop staff disappeared as soon as they opened the door,it’s not a job for those scared of a bit of manual labour that’s for sure.

Swindon are after drivers, £33,000 per annum, the advert was in the Wiltshire Times for many weeks .

QUIGZZ:

I’ve done both and Iceland is serious graft.Pallets weighing a ton, across car parks into lifts, up and down slopes,with no help.Horrible job hence it’s always available.Tesco is grim, but it’s better than Iceland!

Ahhh I see.

So with Tesco you push to the end of the trailer or lower on the tail lift then Tesco employee’s take over pushing into the store.

With Iceland the driver is expected to take the stock into the store and the Vehicle might not be directly at the entrance?

QUIGZZ:
Ahhh I see.

So with Tesco you push to the end of the trailer or lower on the tail lift then Tesco employee’s take over pushing into the store.

With Iceland the driver is expected to take the stock into the store and the Vehicle might not be directly at the entrance?

Not far off my experiences and the majority of Iceland staff-if willing to help- are middle aged women.

Worked at Swindon for a while.
It is hard bloody work.
Breaking down pallets and pushing top heavy cages up slopes, cobbles and broken paving slabs.
Some staff help and will make you a cup of tea others won’t.
Before you graft you have to get to the back door sometimes the front door first.
Your reversing skills and patience will be tested.
Good money but believe me you’ll earn it.

My mum said it was ok when she went there

QUIGZZ:

All good saying that until you come across fully loaded cages with ■■■■■■ wheels.

Well thanks for your replies, I think I’ve received enough info to give this one a miss.

I’ll be sticking with the green army…

SouthEastCashew:

QUIGZZ:

All good saying that until you come across fully loaded cages with [zb] wheels.

Then you take it back or get an electric ppt ?

peirre:
My mum said it was ok when she went there

:laughing: :laughing: