XPO logistics

Anyone have experience of working for XPO? heard nothing but bad reports but I would prefer a non biased opinion from anyone working for them.

Seems like they offer very good money by northern criteria.

A guy who was at XPO in North Yorkshire has just joined a company I know as a Transport Planner, he tried to recruit a couple of guys from his former depot to fill some vacancies, but none of them were interested in taking a drop in wages; they’re all on £18 an hour he told me.

I know a guy who works for them…he gets paid far too much from what he tells me. :wink: :smiley:

i think its a case of some depot’s are good and some are bad and it depends what contract your on. where i was there were quite a few people that had been there 15 years plus. others came and went with in a couple of days.

If driving to keep your microlise score off the radar and 360 hi vis site rules, no split coupling etc would wind you up it might be best avoided. If you can cope with doing things their way all day then I am sure there is much worse.

robroy:
I know a guy who works for them…he gets paid far too much from what he tells me. :wink: :smiley:

Job to prise him out that seat too, whilst someone else is loading his motor as the £clock ticks :sunglasses: whilst some poor old bugger tipping at the same place has to be stood out in all weathers :cry:

Juddian:

robroy:

Job to prise him out that seat too, whilst someone else is loading his motor as the £clock ticks :sunglasses: whilst some poor old bugger tipping at the same place has to be stood out in all weathers :cry:

The man sounds like a cad! I’d have nothing to do with him if I were you :wink:

I think I work for them but I have a GXO uniform :unamused:

My mate works out of crown braunstone, stobarts did the warehouse but xpo now have it , my mate said all they do is blame stobarts for everything that goes wrong even though stobarts haven’t been there for months , he did say though they’d put up 10 mph speed limit signs , though most days everything is at a standstill ha ha , though to be fair it was at a standstill when stobarts had it
I remember some manager bloke saying my load to Wisbech had been cancelled as I should of picked it up at 9 am and didn’t get there until 14.00 , you think he’d remember I got there at 5 am that morning , and finally got loaded and left at 9 am on my 1 st load to Wisbech ( he gave me pod )
He said you’ll have to go back to Newark , oh yes , nice early Friday
Who’d want to work for these little competent firms , when you can have that much fun with these big incompetent blue chip companies
And let’s be honest when these contracts change , the incompetent idiot doing the job doesn’t change ( tupe) , just the uniform