DX Group Nottingham

trevHCS:
One if the agencies (pre full time job) was trying to get me to do this at Newark but the money was bottom end. Think they were offering £9 for class 1 and £8 for class 2 with option of temp to perm at same rate.

Details were basically same as other pallet jobs - very varied as to number if drops and hours but usually days should be finished by 5 - 6 as they need to get the collections on the trucks for overnight trunking.

Oh and assume you’ll need to get a 44T into a space suitable for a van as routes will be planned for an area not type of drop. They all the same.

Dont know what kit they now got at Nottingham but Newark depot seemed to have some right knackered up trucks and trailers last time I saw one (rarely see them these days despite the being fairly local).

The Newark depot is independently owned, was formerly Rainbow Nightfreight based in Southwell (also have a depot at Kidderminster) before DX bought Nightfreight out. Still owned by the Rainbow family.

I worked for them from 1987-92, ended up as depot manager at Stevenage. Never had decent trucks, Rainbows were long-time Bedford agents, followed them up with AWD’s. If you got a new truck it was usually at least five years old if you take my meaning.Wages were about as far behind the times, but it wasn’t a bad place to work overall.