DX Freight night trunk

What are people’s thoughts on this firm? Been offered trunking Livingston down to willenhall double man job leaving mid afternoon, no class 1 experience so looking for a foot in the door

Take it. It’ll be braindead boring trunk work and you’ll lose the will to live on the M6 but its experience and you don’t see them running sheds like some of the pallet network subbies do.

A lot depends on your co driver, if you don’t get on it can be a very long day, I speak from experience!!!

tommie1shunt:
A lot depends on your co driver, if you don’t get on it can be a very long day, I speak from experience!!!

I no understandie English :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Done cambuslang to willenhall when it was Nightfreight. Only enemy on that run during the day is traffic delays. The job itself was hassle free. No hanging around waiting for trailers to get loaded. Just drop your loaded one on a bay, hook up to your loaded return trailer and off you go again. You won’t get much reversing practice on that run though.
Unless DX have changed things since their takeover, Nightfreight ran some of the shabbiest, (although legal and roadworthy) trucks and trailers I’ve ever driven.

damoq:
Done cambuslang to willenhall when it was Nightfreight. Only enemy on that run during the day is traffic delays. The job itself was hassle free. No hanging around waiting for trailers to get loaded. Just drop your loaded one on a bay, hook up to your loaded return trailer and off you go again. You won’t get much reversing practice on that run though.
Unless DX have changed things since their takeover, Nightfreight ran some of the shabbiest, (although legal and roadworthy) trucks and trailers I’ve ever driven.

Cheers for info mate what sorta time did that take? Thing we have a quick stop at dumfries on route down

edinburgh_newbie:

damoq:

Cheers for info mate what sorta time did that take? Thing we have a quick stop at dumfries on route down

I should say I only done it for 2 weeks as an agency driver. It wasn’t a full time job. It usually took 12hrs on average as there was hardly a day went past where you never got held up in traffic somewhere. Didn’t have to stop anywhere on the way down, plus Livingston is a bit further out than cambuslang so I would expect your run to take between 13-14hrs.

Ok cheers mate interviewer said come in half 2 get everything ready to be out for 3 and that usually roll back in just after 3 but maybe hes a bit optimistic :open_mouth:

blue estate:

tommie1shunt:

I no understandie English :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ditto, and mine was English.

Once did one day double manning with someone I knew well, and I nearly left him at a services as he refused to drive the last 50 miles on his second stint so we could get back to the base, which meant we had to have a break so I could carry on. :angry:

Ken.

tommie1shunt:
co driver

Zb that.

the main point is,
there;s a good butty van in nightfreight…

Pimpdaddy:

tommie1shunt:
co driver

Zb that.

+1
The whole point of being a lorry driver is NOT having to work with other people!

The-Snowman:

Pimpdaddy:

tommie1shunt:
co driver

Zb that.

+1
The whole point of being a lorry driver is NOT having to work with other people!

Couldn’t agree more

Trukkertone:
the main point is,

Not any more it is now up stairs and i would not call it good.

willenhall hub is like a third world country, and the idiots on the gate deserve there £7.00 ph :smiling_imp:

Trukkertone:
the main point is,

dear me you must have a strong stomach. they would be lucky to wipe there arse never mind wash there hands.

sweeper1gg:
willenhall hub is like a third world country, and the idiots on the gate deserve there £7.00 ph :smiling_imp:

Yow fokin wot. Then again… :L Did work there today :confused:

I hope thats only 4 shifts a week, 4 on 4 off?
That run daily even double manned (which i wouldn’t want either) especially on a Friday afternoon though any day the M6 can be bollocksed, will be mind numbing hell and 5 shifts on the trot little short of gruelling, wants to be very good money.

Double manning is all about your oppo. Who you are with will make it or break it as far as the job goes

I was on a double manned job regularly with my best mate but on one particular day it was my birthday and good old DHL made a total arse of the load (2 runs put on our trailer but in the wrong order) so we wound up doing a 21 hour shift and brought 2 drops back. My friends were sympathetic about how I got stuffed in my birthday and my response was ‘i just spent the day with my best mate and got over £200 for it, what’s the downside?’

Conor:
Take it.!!!It’ll be braindead boring trunk work and you’ll lose the will to live!!! on the M6 but its experience and you don’t see them running sheds like some of the pallet network subbies do.

surely this has to be the ultimate pot calling the kettle black statement in the history of trucknet,and mankind ,on this planet or any other planet as yet to be discovered since the beginning of time…braindead boring trunk work and you will lose the will to live… says it all…classic though look on the bright side,theres always someone worse off than you…at least your not going in for an agency… :smiley: