Not a Nice Thing to Happen

Came across this between Troyes and Dijon on Monday

Remember keep your phone and wallet close to hand … just in case

and yes i took the photo’s whilst driving…so shoot me

Wallet and phone and would be replaced. Sod them.

I’ve been blown up once in my life. And I never want to be engulfed in a fireball again. For about a year afterwards I would flinch like a coward when a firework went off. So I’d be straight out of there.

sammym:

I’ve been blown up once in my life. And I never want to be engulfed in a fireball again. For about a year afterwards I would flinch like a coward when a firework went off. So I’d be straight out of there.

Doubt that was an immediate fireball Sammym , driver had suitable time to nicely park it up on the HS. So enough time to rescue the wallet, passport, mobile etc before the fire took over. As Ripper says , keep everything important nearby.

A proper driver would of pulled the pin the spilt whatever’s on fire from whichever parts not.

youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Friday night…

Franglais:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqXZ9YoRD50

Friday night…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I do worry why you knew how to instantly find that

albion:

Franglais:

Friday night…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I do worry why you knew how to instantly find that

Part of every truck driver`s daily checks surely?

Well, gender dependent perhaps :confused:

Franglais:

albion:

Franglais:

Friday night…

Part of every truck driver`s daily checks surely?

Well, gender dependent perhaps :confused:

I can assure you there’s no perhaps about it! :grimacing:

xichrisxi:
A proper driver would of pulled the pin the spilt whatever’s on fire from whichever parts not.

Why can’t we have a like tab for sensible posts?

According to the second picture, he is a fireman.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:
According to the second picture, he is a fireman.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I see what you did there…very good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nomiS36:

xichrisxi:

^ Agree…but, with an engine fire flames will exit behind the cab and in this case possibly making pulling the pin impossible…
Not argueing just saying… :wink:

AndrewG:

nomiS36:

xichrisxi:

^ Agree…but, with an engine fire flames will exit behind the cab and in this case possibly making pulling the pin impossible…
Not argueing just saying… :wink:

A proper driver would have said fooook it,it’s insured, let the thing burn, I’m not paid enough to worry.

Many years ago, I had a small electrical fire under the dash of an old Ford D1000. Being young and keen, I put it out!
The boss played hell with me - ‘you should have let the ******* thing burn, we could have had it written off, then!’

Steve

Ste46:
Many years ago, I had a small electrical fire under the dash of an old Ford D1000. Being young and keen, I put it out!
The boss played hell with me - ‘you should have let the ******* thing burn, we could have had it written off, then!’

Steve

Let it burn, the right decision, then phone boss,then phone trumptons.

biggriffin:

Ste46:

Steve

Let it burn, the right decision, then phone boss,then phone trumptons.

Should’ve gone out and re-lit it [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Mentioned this before on another thread,have asked my current employers for guidance on same(still waiting).
An boss of mine had a trailer hub fire while approaching Paris(shame on him trading into Europe! :smiley: ).The driver in question did what most of would do,and pulled the pin.
Insurance company refused to pay out,as they deemed the trailer was unaccompanied.As far as I know,he was never recompensed.
Be afraid,very afraid!

pierrot 14:

sammym:

Doubt that was an immediate fireball Sammym , driver had suitable time to nicely park it up on the HS. So enough time to rescue the wallet, passport, mobile etc before the fire took over. As Ripper says , keep everything important nearby.

Don`t forget your digi card…unless you have plenty to hide :unamused:

xichrisxi:

Grenade.jpg
Maybe that is how the fire started? :neutral_face:

whiplash:
Mentioned this before on another thread,have asked my current employers for guidance on same(still waiting).
An boss of mine had a trailer hub fire while approaching Paris(shame on him trading into Europe! :smiley: ).The driver in question did what most of would do,and pulled the pin.
Insurance company refused to pay out,as they deemed the trailer was unaccompanied.As far as I know,he was never recompensed.
Be afraid,very afraid!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
my mate flipped his unit and curtainsider onto its left side coming of a motorway slip onto a roundabout losing the trailer in the process .
same story,the trailer was split from the unit at point of impact hence classed as unaccompanied trailer and insurance regarding that was void.