Chuffin 'ell, it's a bit warm tonight

24 degrees at 10pm. Glad I’m not trying to sleep in this heat! :open_mouth:

Captain Caveman 76:

24 degrees at 10pm. Glad I’m not trying to sleep in this heat! :open_mouth:

Perhaps you have been sat there with the engine off for a couple of mins :bulb:

I’ve just walked back from the pub,and thought it had dropped a bit chilly.
Glad I took a top.

It’s picking up heat from the engine, it’s 12.8 degrees in Kidderminster at the mo according to my external sensor and I doubt it’s twice as hot anywhere else in the UK.

Was showing 24/25° on my car on way to work tonight at half 5. Still showing 21° in truck in the yard when I left. Say here at boots and still showing 17°.

Its definitely a lot warmer than it has been of late. Sat here windows down in just a t-shirt.

And just heard Dale Winton has croaked it on an unrelated note.

Harry Monk:
It’s picking up heat from the engine, it’s 12.8 degrees in Kidderminster at the mo according to my external sensor and I doubt it’s twice as hot anywhere else in the UK.

“Twice as hot”?
Sorry, Harry. The pedant physicists would tell you that you’re wrong there.
The celcius scale has a “false zero” on it. To get a measure of heat you need to use degrees Kelvin, ir what used to be Absolute.
Also consider a frosty morning. Is a rise from +1 to +2 a doubling of heat?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

commonrail:
I’ve just walked back from the pub,and thought it had dropped a bit chilly.
Glad I took a top.

I struggled to walk to the fridge and back, mind you several cold cans of beer helped cool me down :stuck_out_tongue:

Am I alone that in this hot weather. I don’t get car drivers who dont open there windows. t’s red hot outside yet a majority sit there windows closed either boiling hot . Or with aircon on. Wasting fuel. Always puzzles.

11 degrees in Aviemore at 4am today, thats about the mid August figure … during the day !! :slight_smile:

edd1974:
Am I alone that in this hot weather. I don’t get car drivers who dont open there windows. t’s red hot outside yet a majority sit there windows closed either boiling hot . Or with aircon on. Wasting fuel. Always puzzles.

Always puzzles me why people struggle to stay cool by lowering their windows creating more drag and using a lot more fuel when they’ve got perfectly good aircon that will much more efficiently keep them cool and probably use less fuel [emoji45]

Turned the night heater down half a notch.
Job done.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

edd1974:
Am I alone that in this hot weather. I don’t get car drivers who dont open there windows. t’s red hot outside yet a majority sit there windows closed either boiling hot .

They’re probably nice and cool with the air con :smiley:

Freight Dog:

edd1974:
Am I alone that in this hot weather. I don’t get car drivers who dont open there windows. t’s red hot outside yet a majority sit there windows closed either boiling hot .

I bought the current kennel on wheels because of the aircon; I shiver, the mutts think it’s just about right. :unamused:

Aircon in cars should be banned! In the old days during the two or three days of summer every year when women drivers overheated they pulled their skirts up to cool down. Not anymore :imp: ■■■■ you aircon.

albion:

Freight Dog:

edd1974:

I bought the current kennel on wheels because of the aircon; I shiver, the mutts think it’s just about right. :unamused:

Case of tail wagging the dog :laughing:

Talking of air con and MAN’s (as caveys pic is of an MAN dash) I used the air con in one of ours last night and although it’s pretty good it’s also bloody annoying because on these MAN’s every time you restart the engine the blowers blow hot air for a minute or so, and after strapping down or drop and swapping then jumping back in the cab that’s when you want the cold air con the most!

Reef:
Talking of air con and MAN’s (as caveys pic is of an MAN dash) I used the air con in one of ours last night and although it’s pretty good it’s also bloody annoying because on these MAN’s every time you restart the engine the blowers blow hot air for a minute or so, and after strapping down or drop and swapping then jumping back in the cab that’s when you want the cold air con the most!

Yeah mine does that but then I thought they all did as it takes a minute for the compressor to do it’s thing with the gas? In the old days before telematics if it was a very hot day I used to leave the truck running non stop all day. Like now I was on multidrop so in and out of the cab all day.