It's a bit warm tonight to be sleeping in a metal box!

Do you guys have any tips for staying cool on these hot and muggy nights? I don’t usually night out so I’m not really used to it, and I feel like I’m going to melt!

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Sun roof and windows open till you go to bed
Also open front grille

Sent while in furlough

hazbazz:
Do you guys have any tips for staying cool on these hot and muggy nights? I don’t usually night out so I’m not really used to it, and I feel like I’m going to melt!

Perfect candidate for micro management. Try doing the opposite to when you’re cold. :unamused: :unamused:

Park opposite ends…

To everyone else and run the engine and AC until it’s time for bed. If it’s still roasting, run it all night.

Edit typo

Turn heater up to full during the day.
When you park up, 25deg will be chilly.
Seriously, if you have the AC on full all day you will acclimatise to a too low temperature.

Warm? … Id hardly call it hot or muggy, Ive still got the winter duvet on the bed

Put the cab mattress inside the trailer so when the curtain slashers pay a visit , you can scare them off while guarding the bosses cargo .

Today in London gateway…[emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Isn’t it sad that drivers feel they can’t just rock up, drop the windows an get to kip peacefully, world’s a rat infested smeg pit. [emoji17]

Alas, me personally, I’d either find somewhere nicely populated with fellow amigos an crack on, or somewhere veeeeeeery quiet, load/location depending ofc…

Either way, windows/vents open, curtains ajar for what breeze there is to be had.
Then I’d be down to me thong with keys either wedged in with me junk or stashed wisely, your call on under garment choice btw.
If you can run AC without killing the battery’s, result [emoji106]
If not, meh its hope there’s a good bloke about to help Oooor a plea to the boss for daf aid under the guise of you being a ■■■(again load dependant) [emoji16][emoji16]

Sad fact is, if the ■■■■■■■■ want it they’ll come calling regardless so why boil to death over a ‘maybe’ hey, so I’d secure my most valuable assets(under me horizontal arse) an get ya kip mate, if they do get in show em how Erik peels his banana at 2am, that’ll no doubt scare em off if the thong didn’t.
If you don’t kip that’s a plethora of possible Pandoras anyway so I’d say if poss try an long it out till sun’s off the crest as it is now here in the east, then head down.
if ya tired you’ll kip, plus you won’t need a shower as you’ll have self rinsed while napping(proper tramper style!!) so that’s a lay in right there if you didn’t get a good continual kip…
What with all the rustling noises outside due to your fellow amigos wanting to see some hot thonged hoochy mumma trucker… [emoji16]

Now, go enjoy your well earned rest mr driver,
and thanks for keeping us all ticking bloke [emoji6] [emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Easy answer.

Be a day driver.

In these temperatures it makes you wish you were Prince Andrew [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the pub until it’s cooled down.
Edit.
Forgot they’re all shut

toby1234abc:
Put the cab mattress inside the trailer so when the curtain slashers pay a visit , you can scare them off while guarding the bosses cargo .

I’m actually pulling an empty fridge trailer, I’ll bring a tent next time and bunker down in there!

Benjie83:
Isn’t it sad that drivers feel they can’t just rock up, drop the windows an get to kip peacefully, world’s a rat infested smeg pit. [emoji17]

Alas, me personally, I’d either find somewhere nicely populated with fellow amigos an crack on, or somewhere veeeeeeery quiet, load/location depending ofc…

Either way, windows/vents open, curtains ajar for what breeze there is to be had.
Then I’d be down to me thong with keys either wedged in with me junk or stashed wisely, your call on under garment choice btw.
If you can run AC without killing the battery’s, result [emoji106]
If not, meh its hope there’s a good bloke about to help Oooor a plea to the boss for daf aid under the guise of you being a ■■■(again load dependant) [emoji16][emoji16]

Sad fact is, if the [zb] want it they’ll come calling regardless so why boil to death over a ‘maybe’ hey, so I’d secure my most valuable assets(under me horizontal arse) an get ya kip mate, if they do get in show em how Erik peels his banana at 2am, that’ll no doubt scare em off if the thong didn’t.
If you don’t kip that’s a plethora of possible Pandoras anyway so I’d say if poss try an long it out till sun’s off the crest as it is now here in the east, then head down.
if ya tired you’ll kip, plus you won’t need a shower as you’ll have self rinsed while napping(proper tramper style!!) so that’s a lay in right there if you didn’t get a good continual kip…
What with all the rustling noises outside due to your fellow amigos wanting to see some hot thonged hoochy mumma trucker… [emoji16]

Now, go enjoy your well earned rest mr driver,
and thanks for keeping us all ticking bloke [emoji6] [emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Some sage advise Benjie, I’ll be tucking my phone and the photo of the missus under me plums next time!

If anyone’s interested, an update, I haven’t managed to sleep a wink, so I’m just going to power through and get this vitally important empty trailer back to the yard, give them the keys, then zb off home to bed.
Must invest in one of those silly little 12v fans I’ve seen around

UKtramp:
Perfect candidate for micro management. Try doing the opposite to when you’re cold. :unamused: :unamused:

Adding heat is easy, getting rid of it is much harder. Do they not teach thermodynamics on the CPC refresher course?! [emoji23]

eagerbeaver:
Easy answer.

Be a day driver.

Before “these unprecedented times”, I was a day driver

If you think last night was warm … how would you cope on European work. A few years ago, I was parked in Upstairs / Downstairs … Nules in Spain … at 1am it was still 41* outside. I was in a poxy Renault Premium … NO aircon … sun-roof open and both windows down :laughing:

hazbazz:
If anyone’s interested, an update, I haven’t managed to sleep a wink, so I’m just going to power through and get this vitally important empty trailer back to the yard, give them the keys, then zb off home to bed.
Must invest in one of those silly little 12v fans I’ve seen around

Seriously, you need to get on the job and be a driver… it was 23c here today and it’s winter … 30c and I wear a jacket some days as it is chilly…

icepack.com.au/

Or park under a tree, in the shade. :wink: