It's a bit warm tonight to be sleeping in a metal box!

The Rustler:
If you think last night was warm … how would you cope on European work. A few years ago, I was parked in Upstairs / Downstairs … Nules in Spain … at 1am it was still 41* outside. I was in a poxy Renault Premium … NO aircon … sun-roof open and both windows down :laughing:

You could’ve gone up the stairs to cool down :wink: or you could’ve gone down the road to the Hotel Simba and got a room with air on.
As for the OP, I tend to find that pressing the button for the IPark cool usually works.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
You could’ve gone up the stairs to cool down :wink: or you could’ve gone down the road to the Hotel Simba and got a room with air on.

Always ask…

Descuento para camionera? At Simba I usually got 15%. Place was brand new when I was doing Spain, spotless facilities.

At Victors the hotel would give 20%.

Hotel Alaska usually chucked in a bottle of wine with your meal.

yourhavingalarf:
Hotel Alaska usually chucked in a bottle of wine with your meal.

Vino tinto with a small bottle of agua con gas to make it last longer.

Aircon pod, woke up at 5 this morning, put the pod on and another couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep

hazbazz:
Do you guys have any tips for staying cool on these hot and muggy nights? I don’t usually night out so I’m not really used to it

Windows open 6’’ sunroof open, lie on top of duvet stark bollock naked.
You’re welcome. :sunglasses:

robroy:

hazbazz:
Do you guys have any tips for staying cool on these hot and muggy nights? I don’t usually night out so I’m not really used to it

good advice rob, but c’mon we all know (cause you told us :wink: ) that your so cool you dont need to take adverse action… :sunglasses:

p.s hope you are staying safe… regards :laughing:

m.a.n rules:

robroy:

hazbazz:

good advice rob, but c’mon we all know (cause you told us :wink: ) that your so cool you dont need to take adverse action… :sunglasses:

p.s hope you are staying safe… regards :laughing:

Aye but nobody listens when I tell em this. :smiley:

Yeh thanks, still ducking and diving…and not just for the virus. :smiley:

We are lucky all are trucks have night coolers :slight_smile:

glad to hear it rob, must be a ■■■■■■ at the moment when you have pre planned n/o. pubs and a good feed at tha end of a days graft all closed… :frowning: never mind it will come back… :slight_smile:

m.a.n rules:
glad to hear it rob, must be a ■■■■■■ at the moment when you have pre planned n/o. pubs and a good feed at tha end of a days graft all closed… :frowning: never mind it will come back… :slight_smile:

Yep, miss the social life at home, and the social side of the job.
Never been a one for sitting in the cab all evening after parking up, but what can you do.
Got plenty of home cooked food in fridge, so I won’t starve.
Even planned to carry on my walking regime while back at work (clocked up 96 miles while off) but been parking up late, and by time I’ve had my supper and a can of beer, I’ve just been saying …■■■■ it, and lying on bunk with phone and tv. :blush:
I can feel the weight I’ve lost returning as we speak. :unamused: :smiley:

[/quote]
I’m actually pulling an empty fridge trailer, I’ll bring a tent next time and bunker down in there!
[/quote]
That idea really doesn’t always end well!

As others have said we have it pretty cool in the UK compared to Southern Europe etc.
A couple of tricks that I learned especially for vehicles without a/c .
Fill the cool box with ice and leave the lid off and use a cheap fan ( 12-24v or rechargable) to blow across the top . Don’t have the breeze directly onto bare flesh as you will get chilled or even frost bite . When first stopped try to have the cab fully vented , everything open as the heat all rises up from the engine bay which is all heated to about 80-100C !.
Most services throughout Europe have bags of ice for sale @ €1 each ,very usefull when the temp hits 40+.
I had a couple of rechargeable fans ,charged via the same connector as a smart phone .
Keep the wet wipes in the fridge or cool box , also keep a thin face towel chilled in a ziplock bag in the fridge/freezer or cool box .

^^^^^^^^
What a brilliant idea putting wet wipes in the fridge…nice one, I’m gonna do that from now on… :sunglasses: