Poaching

Poaching- I passed class 1 just over a year ago now (straight after passing class 2) and got a job with a local company so a ‘new boy’ really.

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve had a number of offers from firms I collect for.

Just wondering how much this happens in the industry?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

If you get a better job offered mate take it, and think nothing of leaving your firm. (Unless of course they put you through a course for your licence)
There is no loyalty either way in this job anymore, 9 times out of 10 you are just an arse on a truck seat to them.
I’ve been with my lot now 8 going on 9 yrs, and I’m treated the same as somebody who just started last week.

robroy:
If you get a better job offered mate take it, and think nothing of leaving your firm. (Unless of course they put you through a course for your licence)
There is no loyalty either way in this job anymore, 9 times out of 10 you are just an arse on a truck seat to them.
I’ve been with my lot now 8 going on 9 yrs, and I’m treated the same as somebody who just started last week.

Serious question Rob. In what way would you like to be treated differently from a driver who has been at your firm for a very short while ?

Regards. John.

robroy:

If its better take it. u just a number. I been with same firm for 11 years and new starters ( Romanians) get better looked after than me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

As said above if you think you will better yourself then do it, jobs are like shoe’s keep trying them on until one fits… I’m still looking for that job :confused:

yt03:
As said above if you think you will better yourself then do it, jobs are like shoe’s keep trying them on until one fits… I’m still looking for that job :confused:

+1 exactly

old 67:

robroy:

Serious question Rob. In what way would you like to be treated differently from a driver who has been at your firm for a very short while ?

Regards. John.

Much of my driving career has been in my own business.
I treated drivers that had proven themselves different to ones that had just started because I did not want to lose them, When the new ones proved themselves they were treated the same with perks etc.
I rarely had drivers leave me, so I must have been doing something right. :bulb:

I have had jobs with about 4 different firms since I became an employed driver.
Two of those firms were excellent, one British one Belgian.
The Brit firm was excellent, I was treated with respect, and WELL rewarded for going that extra mile, we were treated as grown men.
Firm I’m with now, not so good, hostile letters from head depot, poverty spec trucks, looked upon somewhere between schoolboys and crap on shoes.
I just get on with it and I’m at least left alone, I like my actual job I have sorted for myself, but not too fond of the company.
Does that explain?

robroy:

old 67:

robroy:

Regards. John.

Much of my driving career has been in my own business.
I treated drivers that had proven themselves different to ones that had just started because I did not want to lose them, When the new ones proved themselves they were treated the same with perks etc.
I rarely had drivers leave me, so I must have been doing something right. :bulb:

I have had jobs with about 4 different firms since I became an employed driver.
Two of those firms were excellent, one British one Belgian.
The Brit firm was excellent, I was treated with respect, and WELL rewarded for going that extra mile, we were treated as grown men.
Firm I’m with now, not so good, hostile letters from head depot, poverty spec trucks, looked upon somewhere between schoolboys and crap on shoes.
I just get on with it and I’m at least left alone, I like my actual job I have sorted for myself, but not too fond of the company.
Does that explain?

Yes, thanks Rob :smiley:

Regards. John.