Been offered a new job

I’ve been headhunted! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ve been offered a job as a sales rep, sellling training courses for drving fok lift driving, adr, cpc, etc. Apparently the guy is fed up of ‘salesmen’ and wants to try someone who actually knows what they’re talking about lol

Well, its an increase in salary and a company car, so I was thinking bout it. Plus, I figure my license isn’t going anywhere.

What do you all think?

It sounds like a good opportunity DS, you can maybe blag some free instructor training too and become an instructor or even an examiner from it.

Company Car, Office Hours. as opposed to living in a tin box and working 15 hour days :stuck_out_tongue:

Jealous?

Of course not :imp:

If you don’t go and try,you’ll spend the rest of your life thinking,'I wonder what it was like?

My missus has just been offered a sort of promotion at work,with an increase in dosh,and she’s asked me if she should go for it.I’ve told her the same thing.Try it,and if you don’t like it,you can always step back.

I say you’ll be foolish not to.

Ken.

You’ve nothing to lose by giving it a go and if it doesn’t work out you will still have your licence to go back to truck driving.

go for it ds youve got nowt to lose. :laughing:

As the rest have said You have nothing to lose
by giving it a go and if it doesn’t work out you will
still have your licence to go back to truck driving.
So good luck and all the best in whatever you
choose to do :smiley:

Try the new job and look for some part time or casual driving then you may get the best of both, I do. :laughing:

Sounds perfect :wink:

Have a go ,why because if you do not you willall ways be thinking may be.
also as every one else has mentioned your licence will not fade away.plus it is as you have mentioned the increcment in your salary and the other advantages ,yes go for it but please do not forget us here,so keep on posting,please,

Forget trucknet? Never!

Besides, some of you might become customers! lol

But I think everone is right. If I don’t I will always wonder what would’ve hapened f I didn’t.

Go for it girl, give it a whirl & see what gives, you never know, you might love the job.

You might just want to look into the tax issues of a company car though…you may be much better off with an allowance & providing your own wheels.

…just had a further thought: get the vehicle decalled up advertising the various courses etc.

Good luck,

Jonathan.

go for it

you can drive a weekends if you get the urge

ps
i have sent you a pm

LCH Generators in Glasgow are always training people
2 drivers from Cov have been going to Dudley each day this week thats the same as Glasgow - Reekie talk to Andy Allan…when you start i will give you his phone number

Go Girllllllll you will still have your licence and we will expect a diary off you, at the least if you make a idiot out of yourself think of all the pleasure you will give us :laughing: :laughing:

Dapper Scavenger:

:smiley: Wonderful. Delighted for you.

Dapper Scavenger:
What do you all think?

:smiley: You sound like you want this job.

go for it dapper.
i would rather have someone who knows what they are on about selling me stuff than someone who was just winging it and didnt know one end of a suzie to the other!
when i was at hewdon hire centers driving a dinky toy transit i was repping of the van for a while untill we got our new rep, she was useless as she didnt have a clue about anything that we had on the hire fleet, didnt know the difference between a kango and a hammer drill!!
she got sent out with me for a week and was a nightmare most of the guys on site just told her to stay in the truck and would only deal with me as i knew what i was on about and got them the right tools for the job.
she lasted about 8 weeks in which time she landed 5 new accounts (and crashed the new pug 307 twice) to my 45 in the same period and i was just the driver :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
in the rep game knowledge lands sales, if anyone has a doubt about your ability just show em your licence with the the class 1 on it, or just jump in an artic and show em how a blind side should be done :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
as the others have said if it dosent work out you can always go back to driving.
hope it all works out
all the best
chris

so when do you start
:smiley:

Dapper Scavenger:

I’ve been offered a job as a sales rep, sellling training courses for drving fok lift driving, adr, cpc, etc. Apparently the guy is fed up of ‘salesmen’ and wants to try someone who actually knows what they’re talking about lol

Well, its an increase in salary and a company car, so I was thinking bout it. Plus, I figure my license isn’t going anywhere.

What do you all think?

Just start working:
How much cost each Course :question:
Does Trucknetuk. member get somethings off :question:
Oh yes.How much :question: