How far do you commute?

The tramping thread touched on this subject, I was curious as to what you guys see as a reasonable commute.

My job is 14 miles each way, it’s night shift and just under 14 quid an hour, so I’m ok with the commute, even though I do have to fight my way through Leicester rush hour on my way to work each day. The way home at 3am is a dream! My max would be an 18 mile commute to magna park.

Obviously tramping, I would be prepared to travel much further.

Barely 3 miles and about 7 minutes max and never catch any rush hour traffic, in fact I should ■■■■ well cycle to work but you know how it is :blush:

5mins. 4 me [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4 miles. Takes me twenty minutes on bike (in the summer) and anything from twenty minutes to forty five in car. Usually I’m going the opposite direction to rush hour traffic. Usually.

10 miles. 5 miles more then I want to commute.

Daywork, 11/13 miles depending on route, which in turn depends on time and traffic.
Mornings usually little bother but the afternoon run home can be slow.

Up until just before Xmas it was 50 miles a day with a crap load of traffic morning and evening… Now dropped to about 20 and not really any traffic to worry about morning or evening, so it’s quite pleasant

42 miles each way once a week (less than 40 mins at 3am ) :laughing:

587 miles each way …

pompeymark:
5mins. 4 me [emoji849]

Same for me, call it 7 if the traffic lights are picking on me :smiley:

Hastings to Aylesford, 34 miles each way 4/5 nights a week

50 miles of back roads, can take about 40 minutes if the roads are clear. Usually around an hour and ten minutes.

A.

20 miles each way 4 times a week.
Used to do 85 each way when I was out all week.

Lol no lights for[emoji854]me.

About 4 miles/10 mins to my gaff :grimacing:

135 mile each way, once a week.

About 8mile can do it in 20mins unless I lose me sat nav then I’m buggered.

60 miles each way. Early Monday morning no traffic. Friday aftie can be busy but no real bottlenecks. At about 50mpg its not a major expense.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

It depends, normally anything between 11/2 hours and 3 hours.

Not normally a daily occurence though, itll see me away for anything from a few days to a few months.

17 miles in on a Monday and 17 back on a Friday or Saturday, all on country roads (The High Dyke). My quickest time is 12 mins in at stupid o clock, but usually 25 mins home as I’m invariably in a queue of blind sheep.