Massive logistics hubs

So I’m sat here at Clipper in Northampton tapping away from the comfort of my bunk waiting to be loaded or to do die whichever happens sooner…

These big logistics concerns just have money to burn with all this wastage. I’ve spent so much time sat around these last two days waiting at big warehouses it beggars belief. No wonder the cost of things are going up lol

So who are your worst offenders?

I have had a 0900 booking every day this week, and have another next Monday at Amazon in Ellistown,Coalville.

So far it has taken three hours every day to tip a full trailer load of office chairs,9 chairs per pallet, 26 pallets. I am evicted from the cab to sit in front of a telly with Jeremy Kyle …and thats enough to drive me into a psycotic state ! No phone signal or internet available. They have the keys, the park brake is on and I would rather just sleep my time away…but no! so you are lucky lounging on the bunk

Boot s at burton upon Trent not even a telly

Clipper Brackmills eh, I was up there this morning for a drop at John Lewis. I only spent 20 minutes there but I did only have 4 pallets on the back of my puddle skipper :stuck_out_tongue:

I hate think what the new Lidl RDC at Avonmouth is going to be
like it’s massive

Twoninety88:
I have had a 0900 booking every day this week, and have another next Monday at Amazon in Ellistown,Coalville.

So far it has taken three hours every day to tip a full trailer load of office chairs,9 chairs per pallet, 26 pallets. I am evicted from the cab to sit in front of a telly with Jeremy Kyle …and thats enough to drive me into a psycotic state ! No phone signal or internet available. They have the keys, the park brake is on and I would rather just sleep my time away…but no! so you are lucky lounging on the bunk

No way would i hand my keys over, i would take the view as its my truck that includes the keys. Sounds totally dismal having to sit there watching Jeremy Kyle :frowning: Three hours to tip 26 pallets is just ridiculous, sounds like the type of place riddled with bolshy forkies and H&S nazis…

Last Thursday I arrived at asda grangemouth at 1420.
Ten to ■■■■■■■ 9 I got out of there.

I had 12 pallets

I often thought how low a driver could go, or how much they would let themselves be treated like dirt
I would never ever give or hand my keys to any one and would never ever sit in a room for hours because I was not allowed sit in my cab
■■■■ sake grow a pair of balls no wonder the job is ■■■■■■, led by the nose

Redrum:
Clipper Brackmills eh, I was up there this morning for a drop at John Lewis. I only spent 20 minutes there but I did only have 4 pallets on the back of my puddle skipper :stuck_out_tongue:

I did John Lewis before this one. Two days running in fact. Both days to booked times with no issue.

Clipper Zara at Grange Park though is something else…

Oh forgot to add after signing in with security on entry they then lost the log book somewhere in their hut so wouldn’t let me leave until I could prove I’d signed in which obviously I couldn’t do because they had the log.

It took a senior security manager to arrive in a car from somewhere to sort it :unamused:

AndrewG:
No way would i hand my keys over

The trouble is I have no say in it Andrew, if you dont comply, you dont get tipped. I am not an O/D or my own boss… therefore I have to toe the line and hand them over.
Only eighteen months to retirement…I cant wait!

toonsy:
Oh forgot to add after signing in with security on entry they then lost the log book somewhere in their hut so wouldn’t let me leave until I could prove I’d signed in which obviously I couldn’t do because they had the log.

It took a senior security manager to arrive in a car from somewhere to sort it :unamused:

I hope you made sure that no one else could leave the site either. And preferably enter it as well.

Nothing could get past me lol

Even the security manager person thingy said the guy in the office was being a ■■■■

Amazon, Ellistown, Coalville. I was at there for 5 1/2 hours the other night waiting for 4 pallets. Luckily you can sit/lie in the motor as long as it’s not hooked up.

Amazon, Dunstable. 3 1/2 hours for 20 pallets. I’m not even gonna begin describing the waiting room.

Why on earth aren’t your bosses having a go at the managers of these places that you are delivering to ? I can’t understand how they allow their trucks to be held hostage for so long !!
I deliver to RDC hubs over here and no way will it be longer than 30 mins, keys are sometimes handed over and are hung on the bay door, but we just go back to the cab or go get a coffee and have a chat with the other drivers.
We don’t have to sit in any smelly rooms the size of a shoe box (Sainsburys), or be sat in front of some benign TV program (Tesco) or have to stand by the back of the trailer whilst it’s being tipped (Waitrose Bracknell).
I think it’s your bosses that need to grow some!!!

Sorry double post

pierrot 14:
Why on earth aren’t your bosses having a go at the managers of these places that you are delivering to ? I can’t understand how they allow their trucks to be held hostage for so long !!

I overheard a conversation between a driver and a manager at our depot a few days ago, it went something like this:

driver “I was 6 hours at Tesco Daventry”

manager “it’s a customer site, there’s nothing we can do”

driver “yeah, but I spent 6 hours there”

manager “as I said, there’s nothing we can do. I think we charge them demurrage after 3 hours, but that’s all we can do”

driver “why do I have to spend 6 hours there though?”

manager “as I said, there’s nothing we can do”

driver “but it’s not nice spending 6 hours there”

manager “to be honest, there’s nothing we can do. It’s a customer site”.

ad infinitum for the next few minutes until said driver got bored and went home.

ezydriver:

pierrot 14:

I overheard a conversation between a driver and a manager at our depot a few days ago, it went something like this:

driver “I was 6 hours at Tesco Daventry”

manager “it’s a customer site, there’s nothing we can do”

driver “yeah, but I spent 6 hours there”

manager “as I said, there’s nothing we can do. I think we charge them demurrage after 3 hours, but that’s all we can do”

driver “why do I have to spend 6 hours there though?”

manager “as I said, there’s nothing we can do”

driver “but it’s not nice spending 6 hours there”

manager “to be honest, there’s nothing we can do. It’s a customer site”.

ad infinitum for the next few minutes until said driver got bored and went home.

Point taken Ezy, but as I said if the transport bosses actually had some BALLS, they would pull the drivers out,

" you can’t tip him in the next half hour, OK, I’m pulling him out because I need him and the truck somewhere else. If you need the goods then either tip it or we’ll have to rebook for another day"

Twoninety88:

I’ve been in to amazon coalville once, 4 1/2 hours to load me , my cigs ,money,food was locked in cab my own fault but did’nt expect to be that long zb off is an understatement! The visitors comment book made for good reading though lol.

Twoninety88:

AndrewG:
No way would i hand my keys over

The trouble is I have no say in it Andrew, if you dont comply, you dont get tipped. I am not an O/D or my own boss… therefore I have to toe the line and hand them over.
Only eighteen months to retirement…I cant wait!

I dont blame you mate looking forward to retiring if its getting this bad in the UK. It seems these hubs are treating drivers like children, its got to be pretty demoralising if they wont trust you with the keys to your own truck…