Coalville Hub

Hi all,

Do any of you go to the pallet Hub at coalville leics. cos all being well i’ll be night trunking there from Caernarfon as of next week and if i get a chance would like to put a face to a few names :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink:

Scan

Used to work for depot 47 :laughing: :slight_smile: the only bloke you really need to know about is Dougie - Dougie don’t need any introduction if he’s on night shift that week You’ll just know him when you see him (seems an a hole but is a right good guy - stay on the right side of him, he was the floor manager and can make your life very difficult if you decide to upset him). Can you tell him the Brian Gibbons Transport driver who he patched up when I managed to smack myself in the face with the metal bit of a ratchet strap sends his best, and I think Phil the totally bald shunter’s still their. Unless it’s all change. If you see Steve with the glasses and tight trousers, please lamp him for me 'cause I’ve been close on several occasions. He’s masqueraded as a shift manager but was a total D :smiley: :open_mouth: :wink: . I used to run out of their on the multidrop. Oh, yeah and they have a right good canteen.

scantheman:
Hi all,

Do any of you go to the pallet Hub at coalville leics. cos all being well i’ll be night trunking there from Caernarfon as of next week and if i get a chance would like to put a face to a few names :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink:

Scan

If you mean Pallex then Good luck.
I took a job for someone locally trunking to the pallex hub, it was about a 3 hour drive each way.
You are at the hub for anything from 2 - 6 hours at least, chance are it will be a double decker, you have to “scan” in, each parcel is checked, then you have to “scan” out which involves you clambering across the trailer to try and find bar code labels.
Then whilst you are being loaded, you can go and sit in the post office room, find the pigeon hole for your load, then happily spend an hour sorting all the paperwork into order.
They have a good cheap canteen then there :wink:
For a 3 hour drive each way, it turned into a 13 hour shift.

Good luck anyway, if its not pallex then sorry for my ramblings.
P.S, after the first run i said thanks but no thanks to the gaffer.

I must have been on a different side and Gurners account is probabley closer to what you’ll have. We had our own people in their that did all that for us :sunglasses: .

Scanning is done by a bod on a platform then it’s syncronised parking and when you are on bay make sure you’ve got your high vis on and you stay out of the way cus the forklifts are a law to themselves. :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Yes it is done on a platform apart from the ones they cant see, so up you go pen and paper in hand.
Im sorry, maybe it was just me, i only did it one night and that was enough, but the place was a [zb] joke.

You should have tried it the night it opened Gurner :laughing: :open_mouth: . My boss at the time who was on sight dropped me home in his car it was that bad and dropped me off to pick the thing up the following morning. We both lived down the road from each other and about 20mins away at that point :open_mouth: :smiley: .

HC, I forgot to mention: Take your arm bands with you if it’s been raining, 'cause the much vaunted multi million pound distribution centre used to flood after heavy rain :unamused: . Don’t know if it still does. Oh, yeah. You can;t get a forklift back to back to unload either :unamused: . You’ll see what I mean.

Cheers

Ian.