Amazon Doncaster.

So I arrive tonight at 18:20 for a 19:00 booking, and I’m the only truck in the yard. (And still am as I write this.) At 19:10 a spotty yoof comes to me and says, “At least another hour before your on a bay drive.” “Why is that?” I ask. “Because day shift have left the place in a right mess” he says, “Plus they have to check all 40 bays and ramps for defects.” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So I bell the customer up on their out of hours number, and they aren’t best pleased, and will be charging demurrage, as Amazon insist they delivery window is met, and I was told before I left, not to be late if at all possible.

No wonder the job is ■■■■■■.

Ken.

Is it still the Holding cell cage in the warehouse where drivers have to wait till they are tipped?

Thank god someone has got the balls to charge demurrage though, the industry needs a kick up the arse.

Funny enough I heard one of our gaffers on the phone to a customer today regarding the time we have to wait at Amazon Dunfermline. He said if it doesn’t improve then he’s going to impose waiting charges!

damoq:
Funny enough I heard one of our gaffers on the phone to a customer today regarding the time we have to wait at Amazon Dunfermline. He said if it doesn’t improve then he’s going to impose waiting charges!

That is a ■■■■ hole, they take your keys of you, you have to take the red airline off and if I remember correctly you have to chock the front rear wheel on the trailer and then go sit in the drivers area, I mean ■■■■ me how is your truck going to pull off the bay,by remote control??!! :imp: :unamused:
Don’t even get me started on Amazon Swansea, I’ve heard many a story of 8 hour stays in they place around Xmas time, even heard one about the canteen lady’s having to chuck snap out the canteen windows for drivers the they come down to collect the money because management wouldn’t let drivers use the canteen! :imp: nearly came to fisticuffs between the drivers and the ■■■■■■■ “upstairs”

All Amazons seem to be the same. About the best one I’ve been to is Milton Keynes. When I did a trailer swap there they just let you get on with it. Swansea, Donny etc make you go through the suzie locks, chocks and keys malarky.

Donny take your keys off you when you drop your trailer if your next trailer isn’t ready even though all trailers have jack stands under them and suzie locks on. What do they think we’re gonna do.

And try going out to the burger van next to the security gate, see what the guard says :unamused:

What did he say?

I think it goes something like “you can’t walk out you will have to drive out and book out”

never had a bad tip at donny :sunglasses:
Swansea is the worst
never done mk

3 of us once went to Dunfermline,for a Friday teatime tip…only problem was,they put the time back to 2000 and nobody thought to tell my boss :unamused:
the other 2 drivers would have been out of time, so we brought the whole lot back. :unamused:

absolute zero common sense.
there`s obviously been a ■■■■ up somewhere,so just work around it and get the ■■■■■■■ trailers tipped…morons :smiling_imp:

Dunfermline is nuts , you have to hand your keys to the yard supervisor when you go to open your doors :stuck_out_tongue: at least you not in a cage but you cant do much else, I know they sacked one of the yard guys for doing push ups on the donkey, must have been a satisfying day for the manager to sack someone for something as serious as that :open_mouth:

Forgive my ignorance but what on earth is “Doing push ups on the donkey”?

Silver_Surfer:

just what I was thinking, … :smiley:

Driver-Once-More:

Silver_Surfer:

just what I was thinking, … :smiley:

Poor old Muffin :open_mouth:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Is it still the Holding cell cage in the warehouse where drivers have to wait till they are tipped?

Sorry for the late reply guys.

No the drivers room is now something proper with 2 drinks machines, and a snack machine, and a tv, but there is not proper roof on it, so you can hear all the warehouse noise, and struggle to hear the tv.

Eventually got out at 20:30, and would have been sooner, but…(Switches to health and safety mode.)

The goods in guy had to go and get someone to lift the ramp and close the bay door!!! I kid you not. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ken.