Hard wiring dash cam

Hi all
I have a 13 plate superspace cab DAF, I want to hard wire a 12/24 v dash cam, I understand that there is a socket in the middle top locker,

Any ideas please?

Halfords sell hard wire kits for the nextbase series …It’s a piggy back fuse ,remove a ign controlled fuse ,put the piggy back in it’s place and you now have 2 slots 1 for the original veh item and 1 for the dash cam fuse with the wire for the cam …It is a 2 min fit …Obviously that is if your camera is 24 volt…otherwise use an inline fuse for your 12v feed and hard wire it that way

norb:
Halfords sell hard wire kits for the nextbase series …It’s a piggy back fuse ,remove a ign controlled fuse ,put the piggy back in it’s place and you now have 2 slots 1 for the original veh item and 1 for the dash cam fuse with the wire for the cam …It is a 2 min fit …Obviously that is if your camera is 24 volt…otherwise use an inline fuse for your 12v feed and hard wire it that way

maybe a silly question, where is the ign controlled fuse? im guessing it would be the fuse box?

Any item that works with the ignition on only ,so when you switch of the ignition the camera will switch off…For example the fuse for the wipers as they only work with the ignition on …But remember that is 24volt …If a 12 volt camera piggy back off the 12 volt socket with a inline fuse holder

The hardwire kit should have a voltage dropper can be wired to 12/24v supply 5v output have done quite a few for friends/family btw some plastic trim removal tools are really useful to help conceal wiring behind door seals, headlining etc