Someone kindly relieved me of some diesel overnight

That was nice of them wasn’t it

Rowley010:

So kind of you to donate. Where did you give this donation?

Have you informed the local constabulary so they can put some nice little signs up instead of doing actual policing?

A.

Merthyr Tydfil area

Ops they left you a bit to get to a petrol station…[zb]s

Unfortunately all too common occurrence in Merthyr.

xichrisxi:

Hardly took any to be honest. Considering they damaged the fuel filler cap I’d thought it would be worth while taking a lot more. I was left with a half a tank, and it was below 3/4 anyway when I parked up!

Rowley010:
Merthyr Tydfil area

I’ve mentioned on here before that the area round the heads is notorious for diesel theft.

xichrisxi:

Aren’t forecourt prices around the Methyl Tatfell area the lowest in the country? Like 112.9 when everywhere else is 116-119 area?

Still not as cheap as free :wink:

Winseer:

xichrisxi:

Aren’t forecourt prices around the Methyl Tatfell area the lowest in the country? Like 112.9 when everywhere else is 116-119 area?

That’s why they’re topping tanks up with stolen diesel

What happens when you park in lay-bys … how many litres gone 200? … would of been a weeks parking in a secure area for your boss.

Still, not your truck. Its not your problem.

Adonis.:

Rowley010:

Have you informed the local constabulary so they can put some nice little signs up instead of doing actual policing?

A.

Ah, the bright spark with sarcastic comments.

Ok, so driver reports it to the police… work out the costs. 2 officers arrive in a car at site of theft.

Speak to the driver, what’s up? I had fuel stolen.

What time, erm I dunno I was asleep.
Did you see the person erm I dunno I was asleep.
Officer looks around no CCTV, no lighting.
Waste an hour of 2 officers time nothing to go on bar a damaged cap, no prints etc.

2 officers taken away from more serious crimes

So with evidence lacking they give a reference, then go back to the nick fling it on the log.

And guess what will never be an offender caught unless caught in the act etc.

So waste hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a basically fool proof crime.

Basically don’t park in secluded unlit areas. If not it’s the risk you run.

discoman:

+1 Absolutely right

discoman:
What happens when you park in lay-bys … how many litres gone 200? … would of been a weeks parking in a secure area for your boss.

The irony of that is that on Monday (as I’m dusting of the limp) I went for an induction at a local plastics factory, although the job isn’t my Kind of work, there’s a few nights out involved.
So I raised the question of paid parking, and was told that the firm only pay a max of £15 per night, and any cost to park over the £15 the driver has to stand. So I asked if they have much fuel stolen? As there’s no way I’m climbing out of the cab to stop anyone if they’re unwilling to pay for secure parking or have SNAP. The senior :unamused: driver/trainer seemed to encourage the idea of sleeping in a crappy layby. He then went on to explain that the firm can’t seem to retain limpers for more than a week of two

We do get our parking paid, but I had no time to get anywhere. Not my problem either way!

My firm insists we park securely and pay for all parking, that’s about the only good thing about it really

peirre:

discoman:

The irony of that is that on Monday (as I’m dusting of the limp) I went for an induction at a local plastics factory, although the job isn’t my Kind of work, there’s a few nights out involved.
So I raised the question of paid parking, and was told that the firm only pay a max of £15 per night, and any cost to park over the £15 the driver has to stand. So I asked if they have much fuel stolen? As there’s no way I’m climbing out of the cab to stop anyone if they’re unwilling to pay for secure parking or have SNAP. The senior :unamused: driver/trainer seemed to encourage the idea of sleeping in a crappy layby. He then went on to explain that the firm can’t seem to retain limpers for more than a week of two

And you have drivers who work for companies like this.
Why would anyone work for a company that knows you will be away from Base and not pay for parking
When i come near to the end of working life with a year or two left if i could afford it i would love to get a job with one of those companies, I would park it as near as possible to a travelling site and book into a hotel can you imagine what would be left of the truck the next morning
It would be no more than they deserve and I would get great joy out of it
In one word COWBOYS

Rowley010:
We do get our parking paid, but I had no time to get anywhere. Not my problem either way!

The only way to look at it, quite right, I would sell the diesel to the thiefs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking in laybys / in industrial estates etc is frowned upon, so we get parking paid, on SNAP and a couple of other place we have accounts which I can’t remember of ATM…

If you do NOT park in a ‘secured’ parking area, and have diesel nicked - you get billed for that diesel!!!

discoman:

Adonis.:

Rowley010:

A.

Ah, the bright spark with sarcastic comments.

Ok, so driver reports it to the police… work out the costs. 2 officers arrive in a car at site of theft.

Speak to the driver, what’s up? I had fuel stolen.

What time, erm I dunno I was asleep.
Did you see the person erm I dunno I was asleep.
Officer looks around no CCTV, no lighting.
Waste an hour of 2 officers time nothing to go on bar a damaged cap, no prints etc.

2 officers taken away from more serious crimes

So with evidence lacking they give a reference, then go back to the nick fling it on the log.

And guess what will never be an offender caught unless caught in the act etc.

So waste hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a basically fool proof crime.

…What’s depressing is when it’s more like this:
Officers turn up.

“What time did this happen Sir?” Here. It’s time-stamped on this HD footage taken from my seven eye. 100% full proof, so off you go to bring them in. They must be known to you already - right?

“What did the culprits look like?” They were Pi… Tink… Brudd… Oh scruffily dressed white people living in caravans with 20-year out of date MOTs

“Did you get the registration of the vehicle used as a getaway?” Yes. Here’s their broken number plate. Why are you shaking your heads sadly? Uninsured so I’ve got no comeback?

“Why did you call us here Sir?” I thought you might actually arrest some criminals, if I handed over to you all this overwhelming high-quality evidence.

Do you actually know the names and addresses of these people then? Yes. It’s Cory Blimey of No Fixed Address, currently parked on the local recreation ground.

“So you are admitting wasting police time, harassment of a recognized ethnic minority, and demanding police arrests with menaces then?” Erm. On second thoughts, I’ll try not to sleep in laybys in the future officer.