Diesel Theft

Parked up on the A43 last night. Had my diesel stolen - what was left of it! the little [zb] damaged my sender unit. Im now perched on the A43 - in the live lane! as the bod in the shell garage at towcester would not except my office paying for fuel by card over the phone (we dont have shell fuel cards ). Apologies in advance if you get caught in the delays that I may cause - until recovered…

Way back when we had fuel shortage and three day week, prison was automatic for fuel thieves.
There is a law that needs bring back.

Could you not have helped your boss out and put a few quid in the tank to get you to where you can get fuel so not to put out other road users when you run out of fuel . I don’t suppose it was his fault you parked in a hot spot for truck crime

Is there any place left that aint a hot spot for crime?

bazstan009:
Is there any place left that aint a hot spot for crime?

You will be hard pushed to find one, unless you park in our yard it’s like Fort Knox.

chester1:
Could you not have helped your boss out and put a few quid in the tank to get you to where you can get fuel so not to put out other road users when you run out of fuel . I don’t suppose it was his fault you parked in a hot spot for truck crime

Does the truck need a service, tax, mot etc no worrys boss, my shout. Its not the drivers fault if fuel is stolen no matter where you park. If your load is stolen should we pay for that aswell?

What if you park in a hotspot for crime not knowing it because you have no local knowledge of the area. Is that our fault. I only carry £10 max and no cards. The garage should have taken payment over the phone.

Pay for fuel that gets stolen as not to inconvience you… i think not :smiling_imp:

somebody’s caravan will be nice and warm this winter :confused:

DWYNE:

chester1:

Does the truck need a service, tax, mot etc no worrys boss, my shout. Its not the drivers fault if fuel is stolen no matter where you park. If your load is stolen should we pay for that aswell?

What if you park in a hotspot for crime not knowing it because you have no local knowledge of the area. Is that our fault. I only carry £10 max and no cards. The garage should have taken payment over the phone.

Pay for fuel that gets stolen as not to inconvience you… i think not :smiling_imp:

What chester meant was could the guy not have put fuel in on his card/cash then got the money back from his boss.
Everywhere is a hotspot nowadays so you dont need local knowladge too know that.

DWYNE:

chester1:

^^^* this^^^

But could you not of done one of them no means forms or something

DWYNE:

chester1:

Don’t be stupid are you really going to tell me that thru an unforeseen problem you would rather let a truck run out of fuel and let your firm have the cost of call out / recovery and prob a new set of filters than put a few quid in and get it back on your return . It’s not the garages fault the fuel was stolen although they could have prob been more helpfull . People with your attitude to not giving the drippings from your nose to the people that puts money in your pocket every week really makes me sick . Even putting that only tenner you have in your wallet will have shown willing . And as for not having local knowledge to wether that was a truck crime black spot you’d have to be from mars to not know that one. ffs they even leave trailers in lay-bys telling you that much

maybe the boss will rethink his stance on paying for overnight parking :bulb:

commonrail:

More than likely should . and the boss ain’t blameless either ,if the driver was that low on squirt why allow him to drive on. any boss with much sense will have either diverted a driver with the means to pay or contact either his or a local repair firm to either go out with a few drums or go out with cash and pay the repairer over the phone. In a lot of eu countries if you run out of squirt both the driver and the owner get fined and if your an owner driver you pay both

chester1:

DWYNE:

chester1:

Don’t be stupid are you really going to tell me that thru an unforeseen problem you would rather let a truck run out of fuel and let your firm have the cost of call out / recovery and prob a new set of filters than put a few quid in and get it back on your return . It’s not the garages fault the fuel was stolen although they could have prob been more helpfull . People with your attitude to not giving the drippings from your nose to the people that puts money in your pocket every week really makes me sick . Even putting that only tenner you have in your wallet will have shown willing[/quote

With you on this one Chester, and to think some drivers regard themselves as “professional” :unamused:

commonrail:

Our firm wont pay parking. Their view of it, is that its cheaper to have a tank full of diesel stolen every night than pay 60 drivers to park.
Doesn’t help the drivers though who have to resort to ■■■■■■■ in bushes and ■■■■■■■■ in carrier bags. If convicted murderers were denied washing and toilet facilities after working up to 15 hrs. the prisons would all have to close as this would be against prisoners human rights.
Drivers are treat worse than convicted murderers :open_mouth:

Some of the threads on here leave me wondering about the attitude & mantality of some driver’s
if there aint a problem we will create one, just for the sake of it

commonrail:

The services aint much safer, there are trucks fitted out with transfer pumps.

if you were a diesel thief,where would YOU ply your trade :question:

laybye
msa
truckstop

:bulb:

lightning:
Parked up on the A43 last night. Had my diesel stolen - what was left of it! the little [zb] damaged my sender unit. Im now perched on the A43 - in the live lane! as the bod in the shell garage at towcester would not except my office paying for fuel by card over the phone (we dont have shell fuel cards ). Apologies in advance if you get caught in the delays that I may cause - until recovered…

Which layby was you parked in?..was running back from Northampton to Brackley last night about 9pm and there was a silver van pulling in and out of every layby towards Brackley :open_mouth:

& you didn’t think to report it? We rely on you night dudes, to shop the scum bags…

Silver_Surfer:
& you didn’t think to report it? We rely on you night dudes, to shop the scum bags…

Report it to Northamptonshire Police?..you’ve got more chance of seeing the Queen around here than you are a copper,too busy riding around Northampton town centre and up and down the M1