Someone kindly relieved me of some diesel overnight

UKtramp:

Rowley010:
We do get our parking paid, but I had no time to get anywhere. Not my problem either way!

The only way to look at it, quite right, I would sell the diesel to the thiefs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you noticed that since the Euro has been sky-high for the past year, the scruffs are not offering Euros for “some of yer diesel mate” any more? :unamused:

discoman:

Adonis.:

Rowley010:
That was nice of them wasn’t it

So kind of you to donate. Where did you give this donation?

Have you informed the local constabulary so they can put some nice little signs up instead of doing actual policing?

A.

Ah, the bright spark with sarcastic comments.

Ok, so driver reports it to the police… work out the costs. 2 officers arrive in a car at site of theft.

Speak to the driver, what’s up? I had fuel stolen.

What time, erm I dunno I was asleep.
Did you see the person erm I dunno I was asleep.
Officer looks around no CCTV, no lighting.
Waste an hour of 2 officers time nothing to go on bar a damaged cap, no prints etc.

2 officers taken away from more serious crimes

So with evidence lacking they give a reference, then go back to the nick fling it on the log.

And guess what will never be an offender caught unless caught in the act etc.

So waste hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a basically fool proof crime.

Basically don’t park in secluded unlit areas. If not it’s the risk you run.

Yeah, we better not report any crimes in case the police do their job.

You utter moron.

A.

Well they’re keen on me working Mon-Fri next week, and have booked me (with my new limp) for 6am Monday, but I’ve stated that initially I’d prefer single day runs until I get the grasp of the job (or till I decide it ain’t for me). But no doubt the odd night out is going to be involved. So there’s going to be the occasional request for secret parking places once I figure out where I am gonna be for the night.
Don’t worry the limp is only temporary while I find my feet after two and a half years off the road, and will go towards funding my plans to ship my motorcycle to the USA next year for a coast to coast trip

peirre:
Don’t worry the limp is only temporary while I find my feet after two and a half years off the road, and will go towards funding my plans to ship my motorcycle to the USA next year for a coast to coast trip

You might be better to hire one stateside, a mate of mine was going to, found this guy on the net who named all his bikes, mate was ready to pay deposit but other events meant he had to shelve the idea !

I’m looking at all options but as I’m planning to spend 6-8 weeks over there the hire costs are going to be expensive, whereas if I either ship my own I’ll have it fully prepped for the trip, or I can look at the idea of buying a 2nd hand bike over there and sell it afterwards

peirre:
I’m looking at all options but as I’m planning to spend 6-8 weeks over there the hire costs are going to be expensive, whereas if I either ship my own I’ll have it fully prepped for the trip, or I can look at the idea of buying a 2nd hand bike over there and sell it afterwards

Yeah see where your coming from.

If you have thoughts on something other than diesel let me know ! :grimacing:

Adonis.:

discoman:

Adonis.:

Rowley010:
That was nice of them wasn’t it

So kind of you to donate. Where did you give this donation?

Have you informed the local constabulary so they can put some nice little signs up instead of doing actual policing?

A.

Ah, the bright spark with sarcastic comments.

Ok, so driver reports it to the police… work out the costs. 2 officers arrive in a car at site of theft.

Speak to the driver, what’s up? I had fuel stolen.

What time, erm I dunno I was asleep.
Did you see the person erm I dunno I was asleep.
Officer looks around no CCTV, no lighting.
Waste an hour of 2 officers time nothing to go on bar a damaged cap, no prints etc.

2 officers taken away from more serious crimes

So with evidence lacking they give a reference, then go back to the nick fling it on the log.

And guess what will never be an offender caught unless caught in the act etc.

So waste hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a basically fool proof crime.

Basically don’t park in secluded unlit areas. If not it’s the risk you run.

Yeah, we better not report any crimes in case the police do their job.

You utter moron.

A.

Moron, excuses I’m explaining reality, in the grand scheme of things, drivers are their own worse enemy… it’s not always down to the police to come running … more important crimes than a stupid driver who puts himself in a possible hotspot … what would you rather a cop being sent to a report of a driver who had derv stolen or attending a house which has reports of an intruder inside. Or to locate a person who is the suspect in a vicious assault etc. I know what jobs I used to prefer to attend. As I said if drivers are so dumb they park places where derv gets stolen their own fault … work for a decent company who want to pay for secure parking or just accept the derv will be stolen.

The police aren’t going to come charging round with all blues blaring you halfwit.

Nothing will ever get done if he doesn’t report the crime, once he’s reported the crime and anyone else who has done too then maybe something will happen.

A police car going past every so often through the night, a very simple deterrent.

Your idea is much better, help save the police money but not reporting crime, absolutely genius.

A.

You don’t have a clue how the police operate. If he’s that bothered walk into the local nick or call 101 and report it and get his crime number …

You will be surprised to know sometimes there are not cars available, many a times you get sent to a different borough to assist because of shortages and you don’t have a clue on the local patch.

Still not his truck so he shouldn’t care … not a victimless crime, however, costs more in police resources than its worth investigating, unless harden proof is there.

And there ^^^^^ we have in a nutshell one of the reasons that the police are treated with contempt by a sizeable part of the population! “Not important enough to bother with”, “better things to do”. Perhaps the next time I hear “the police are appealing to members of the public for help with…” I’ll decide that even if I could help I may deem it not serious enough to bother with!

You are a bloody public servant, you don’t get to decide what’s important and what’s not, a crime is a crime is a crime. As for that twaddle about “you parked there, you asked for it”, does that extend to ■■■■ victims who “asked for it” 'cos they wore a mini skirt?

I’m just thankful that your policing is done a very long way away from me.

the maoster:
And there ^^^^^ we have in a nutshell one of the reasons that the police are treated with contempt by a sizeable part of the population! “Not important enough to bother with”, “better things to do”. Perhaps the next time I hear “the police are appealing to members of the public for help with…” I’ll decide that even if I could help I may deem it not serious enough to bother with!

You are a bloody public servant, you don’t get to decide what’s important and what’s not, a crime is a crime is a crime. As for that twaddle about “you parked there, you asked for it”, does that extend to ■■■■ victims who “asked for it” 'cos they wore a mini skirt?

Well said.

A.

the maoster:

I personally no longer serve in the uk, I left in 2011, I now serve in the nsw police in Australia. There are serious crimes and minor crime, you just gave a perfect example. A ■■■■ victim burglary etc, are a higher grade crime… that’s more important imo than 100$ of derv. Where the chances of catching are minimal unless clear evidence is shown. All jobs are priority and that’s a 101 report, ie crimes committed offender long gone etc. where as reports of intruder onsite … greater chance of catching him etc. other instance robbery of a person. Crime prevention is key to help stopping crime. Ie as explained park in well lit areas look at crime hot spots … a woman wearing a skirt is not asking to be raped. however a truck parked in a dark isolated layby is a beacon to some criminals … as said helping yourself help others…

I totally agree with you that certain crimes are viewed more seriously than others, but does that warrant less effort being put into solving the minor crimes? If so, who makes that distinction? If you stated that lack of resources force the grading of crimes I’d happily agree with you and glady moan about a Govt that sees fit to starve public services of funds whilst sending billions of pounds to foreign dictators. That however is a separate discussion.

Iirc it was the mayor of New York who adopted the first high publicity zero crime initiative where upon eg littering was treated as seriously as murder. The beneficial effects to the population were immediate and staggering, so I’m afraid that ignoring fuel theft as not important enough is a cop out (pun intended). The guys stealing fuel aren’t just doing that one crime, nail them and the petty theft for that area will drop by a huge percentage.

That’s why ALL crimes should be investigated immediately.

If an area is a well known truck crime ‘Hot spot’, it will also be well known by the Police, so why is that area not policed to counteract this, to either stop it, catch the culprits or both.

The argument of ‘’ It aint as important as a ■■■■ or a burglary’’ does not wash,. especially as the crime of doing 45 in a 40 is evidently a even more important, than either of these, judging by the Police man hours that are concentrated on this.
Same as the ‘Sandwich Police’ in tractor units, to catch you eating at the wheel. :unamused: how much does that cost the taxpayer.
Priorities are all arse about face.

robroy:
If an area is a well known truck crime ‘Hot spot’, it will also be well known by the Police, so why is that area not policed to counteract this, to either stop it, catch the culprits or both.

The argument of ‘’ It aint as important as a ■■■■ or a burglary’’ does not wash,. especially as the crime of doing 45 in a 40 is evidently a even more important, than either of these, judging by the Police man hours that are concentrated on this.
Same as the ‘Sandwich Police’ in tractor units, to catch you eating at the wheel. :unamused: how much does that cost the taxpayer.
Priorities are all arse about face.

Couldn’t agree more,everything that is stated is fact,there really should be a like button on this forum.

robroy:

The point being that if crimes are not being reported (because it’s “not worth the hassle” or “nothing will be done about it anyway”) then it will not be well known by the Police. Those who make the policy decisions about where and when to operate “directed patrols” will look at the information on where criminal activity is reported to be happening and direct patrols accordingly.

The police have a very good idea who steals most of the diesel but they are very reluctant to investigate in those caravan sites.

Roymondo:

robroy:

The point being that if crimes are not being reported (because it’s “not worth the hassle” or “nothing will be done about it anyway”) then it will not be well known by the Police. Those who make the policy decisions about where and when to operate “directed patrols” will look at the information on where criminal activity is reported to be happening and direct patrols accordingly.

I’d be surprised if the majority of truck crime aint reported, especially in a load theft, if only to get the famous…crime number. :unamused:

I got a parking ticket one night on an ind est where I had parked numerous times before with no probs.
(Knottingley opposite the MSA on the old A1)

Unknown to me there had been a spate of truck crime, …So how did the Police deal with this ?
Had a truck crime clampdown type purge?
Do a Sweeney style stake out in the back of a Transit?
No.!
Put parking penalty tickets on the trucks to stop them parking…brilliant eh?
Double whammy no more truck crime there (no more trucks) and a few quid in the kitty from the driver’s hard earned.
Don’t you just love the UK eh? :unamused:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=141674