Attempted diesel theft,South Wales

Posting this as a heads-up to anyone who overnights in the South Wales area.I was disturbed by some thieving lttle ■■■■■■■ trying to help himself to my diesel tonight :imp: had just finished having tea after a late finish,heard a bit of a noise so opened the door to investigate,only to find some little ■■■■■■ trying to get the tank cap off :imp: luckily the turd didn’t get any diesel due to him legging it when I came out the cab with the wheel brace and a string of profanities :wink: anyways,this was around midnight on the A465 Heads Of The Valleys road between the Ebbw Vale roundabout and the Rassau Ind Est roundabout,so if you’re parking up round the Ebbw Vale area overnight sleep with one ear open :exclamation:

from what I’ve been told that happens a lot up there :wink:

Had about 200ltrs stolen when parked on rassau ind est just before xmas,police told me i should have parked up next to the recycling plant on the estate as it has 24 hr security and cctv .

You are in the right neck of the woods,for anything to happen,give that area a miss if you can.

scotty1972:
Had about 200ltrs stolen when parked on rassau ind est just before xmas,police told me i should have parked up next to the recycling plant on the estate as it has 24 hr security and cctv .

Are you on about EnviroWales?We used to park there due to the cameras and security,but they got the hump with our company,EA were dragged into it,end result we can’t park there any more.I know the area is rife for diesel theft,but our governor has a right tantrum at me if I don’t run my time out and get somewhere near Ebbw Vale,like I told him,it’s his diesel he’s risking.I was heading for a spot I usually use that’s a bit more secure,but the stupid digi tacho robbed me of the time needed when I was stuck in traffic on the M25 :imp:

TezzDemon:

scotty1972:

Are you on about EnviroWales?We used to park there due to the cameras and security,but they got the hump with our company,EA were dragged into it,end result we can’t park there any more.I know the area is rife for diesel theft,but our governor has a right tantrum at me if I don’t run my time out and get somewhere near Ebbw Vale,like I told him,it’s his diesel he’s risking.I was heading for a spot I usually use that’s a bit more secure,but the stupid digi tacho robbed me of the time needed when I was stuck in traffic on the M25 :imp:

Not sure what is was called as i’ve never been back there since,but the police said it was at the top right hand side of the estate coming in off the main roundabout.

Yeah that’s the place,right doghole of a site with the usual braindead staff but the night guard will keep an eye on your wagon for you if you’re parked up there

The next time you’re up that area you be safer parking on Asdas car park on the Heads of the Valley road at Merthyr Tydfil,and running back in the morning it’s only a couple of miles and a lot safer.

i dont know way haulage companys have alarms with camaras fitted to the tanks you turn them on from the inside of the cab.i don’t know how good they are.most company are tight you sleep in there cab you don’t even get a fridge or inverters powerful to be able to run a micowave.i think the makers of the trucks should have it apart of the package when companys buy the trucks they still make a lot of money from this.

■■■■■■■ welsh thieving ■■■■■■■■■ lost a satnav up that way whilst showing an agency numpty how to open the back doors. Dont trust em they learn thieving from before they can walk and will pretend to be your best friend while doing it.

Park up before you cross the bridge at least the ■■■■■ are too tight to go that way to England because they are too ■■■■■■■ tight to pay to go back to that ■■■■■■■■ they call home.

Or am I being a tad racist :laughing:

Welshman:
The next time you’re up that area you be safer parking on Asdas car park on the Heads of the Valley road at Merthyr Tydfil,and running back in the morning it’s only a couple of miles and a lot safer.

Seconded!

The Ressau Ind Est has a reputation!

schrodingers cat:

A touch! I’ve been doing our Wales run for 5 years or more now and I’ve never had a problem over there.

Just a thought but you know PIR lights you have on your house well perhaps its time someone made one for the sides of your trucks. It could either light th e area up or sound an alarm. Or maybe make something up using reversing sensors so if anyone passes close by as above.

schrodingers cat:
[zb] welsh thieving [zb], lost a satnav up that way whilst showing an agency numpty how to open the back doors. Dont trust em they learn thieving from before they can walk and will pretend to be your best friend while doing it.

Park up before you cross the bridge at least the [zb] are too tight to go that way to England because they are too [zb] tight to pay to go back to that [zb] they call home.

Missus ran off with a Welshman?! :wink:

Guinness Man:
Just a thought but you know PIR lights you have on your house well perhaps its time someone made one for the sides of your trucks. It could either light th e area up or sound an alarm. Or maybe make something up using reversing sensors so if anyone passes close by as above.

I used a PIR sensor connected to a 24v work light via batteries as security on my yard before we got connected to the mains, it would be so simple to connect a PIR to the light on the back of the unit and would I am sure be a real turn off for anyone messing with the tank - daylight isn’t what they want.

andi_cardiff:

schrodingers cat:
[zb] welsh thieving [zb], lost a satnav up that way whilst showing an agency numpty how to open the back doors. Dont trust em they learn thieving from before they can walk and will pretend to be your best friend while doing it.

Park up before you cross the bridge at least the [zb] are too tight to go that way to England because they are too [zb] tight to pay to go back to that [zb] they call home.

Missus ran off with a Welshman?! :wink:

Nope but she’s still ■■■■■■ of about the stolen satnav. :laughing: Actually so am I ■■■■■■■ Welsh ■■■■■■■■■

schrodingers cat:

Yes, maybe a bit, I too have had diesel stolen in south Wales but the vast majority of people I have met there have been 100% decent.

Harry Monk:

schrodingers cat:

Yes, maybe a bit, I too have had diesel stolen in south Wales but the vast majority of people I have met there have been 100% decent.

Seconded.

schrodingers cat:

It’s because you don’t exist…

Or do you■■?