Kingstown Carlisle

Parked up for the night just off the A7 near the Coach & Horses pub and Mcdonakds. I’ve stopped here a number of times over the past 30 years and never had a problem. Went for a pint at 9pm came back at 10pm and every truck here has a ticket!
Had a quick look around and there are now signs up restricting parking above 7.5t. How long has this been the case?

I think it has been like this for years and not always enforced.
The last time I parked around there I deceided not to risk it and continued up through Kingstown heading north parellel with the motorway (probably about 1/2 mile).
I parked up a dead end road with the motorway behind me about a 100 yards from somebodys house.
I then had a miserable woman come out the house saying I would get moved on by the police, as I was legaly parked and there was no restrictions I was not worried about this and told the woman this.
She then wanted to know why I was parked there and where I was going to pee in the morning.
The woman was a bit of a nutter so I politely told her to mind her own business and asked her where she would be peeing in the morning.
About two weeks ago I parked up in Aberdeen and had two policemen knock on my door telling me trucks are not alowed to park within the city boundries overnight which was a suprise to me as I had parked in the same place several times before.
I told them I parked there before with out problems and was told it is not actively enforced and I suspect somebody from the flats I was near rang the police.
The police were polite about it and asked if I had time to move someplace else but I was out of time.
There was a layby set off the road just before entering Aberdeen that I was planning to park in but had gypo caravans in it.I suspect they would not be getting tickets or fines for the mess they make.
It seems to be getting worse to find a decent place to park and I look forward to packing the job in as soon as I can

Diabolical state of affairs for you lot. Can’t do right whatever you do. Feel sorry for you.

The problems about parking and facilities for drivers is a problem that will get worse. The only way I can see a solution, is if the RHA, and FTA start making it a priority instead of trying to sell traing crap, Also the truck press need to keep getting on to the daily’s to make it a campaign,
Eg " parking for the gods of the road"
Maybe get a journalist to start a petition on the government questions page, “its a disgrace”
Send a letter to an MP.

They have purges every so often on there the Carlisle Police, pity they didn’t have purges on burglaries and all the rest of it.
I can’t see what the problem is with parking on there, especially now that Kingstown Truck park has gone, and since Stobarts ■■■■ ed up the main truckstop. (like they ■■■■ everything else up)
No doubt instigated by the Carlisle council which is made up of the most pompous self important arse holes and stuffed shirts that you could ever meet.
Just as an example a guy had a thriving pub and fell out with the council when he put new windows in to smarten it up.
However he had the ‘cheek’ not to ask permission off the council. Upshot was after a lot of ag and trouble, the landlord refused to remove them, then just left.
The pub is now a derelict eyesore as you appproach the city,… thanks to our wonderful councillors…but you’ve guessed it they are fireproof and still in their gravy train jobs.

About 15 years ago, I did a delivery on that estate and it was quite late in the day, from memory about 7pm. Anyway, I got ripped and had very little driving time left so I parked up for the night, as did 2or3 others. With hindsight I should have stayed in customers yard.

Anyway I’m watching telly and along comes the local council and issued me and the others with a £60 ticket. Reduced to £30 if paid pronto!

Anyway, I paid it the following day as I didn’t want to get in the ■■■■ at work.

The signs are evident though about parking restrictions overnight.

robroy:
They have purges every so often on there the Carlisle Police, pity they didn’t have purges on burglaries and all the rest of it.
I can’t see what the problem is with parking on there, especially now that Kingstown Truck park has gone, and since Stobarts [zb] ed up the main truckstop. (like they [zb] everything else up)
No doubt instigated by the Carlisle council which is made up of the most pompous self important arse holes and stuffed shirts that you could ever meet.
Just as an example a guy had a thriving pub and fell out with the council when he put new windows in to smarten it up.
However he had the ‘cheek’ not to ask permission off the council. Upshot was after a lot of ag and trouble, the landlord refused to remove them, then just left.
The pub is now a derelict eyesore as you appproach the city,… thanks to our wonderful councillors…but you’ve guessed it they are fireproof and still in their gravy train jobs.

Sorry to rain on your parade mucker, ■■■■■■■ police take no part in parking enforcement, it was decriminalised in 2001, meaning all police traffic wardens ceased to be and parking attendants were introduced by the 5 district councils in ■■■■■■■■ they enforced the regulations on behalf of ■■■■■■■ county council. About 5 year ago, all parking enforcement was taken back “in house” All enforcement is carried out by Civil Enforcement Officers employed by ■■■■■■■ county council, the only part Carlisle city council plays is processing the tickets issued by ■■■■■■■ CEOs. :wink:

This Carlisle restriction came about after complaints about bottles of urine and rubbish being left by drivers

ajt:
This Carlisle restriction came about after complaints about bottles of urine and rubbish being left by drivers

Was a favourite stop for me that,pub food outlets and plenty of bins,sounds like some idiot drivers have ruined it…

BossHogg:

robroy:
I can’t see what the problem is with parking on there, especially now that Kingstown Truck park has gone, and since Stobarts [zb] ed up the main truckstop. (like they [zb] everything else up)

Sorry to rain on your parade mucker, ■■■■■■■ police take no part in parking enforcement, it was decriminalised in 2001, meaning all police traffic wardens ceased to be and parking attendants were introduced by the 5 district councils in ■■■■■■■■ they enforced the regulations on behalf of ■■■■■■■ county council. About 5 year ago, all parking enforcement was taken back “in house” All enforcement is carried out by Civil Enforcement Officers employed by ■■■■■■■ county council, the only part Carlisle city council plays is processing the tickets issued by ■■■■■■■ CEOs. :wink:

Ok, I stand corrected.
On the other hand, Carlisle Council, ■■■■■■■ County Council, and for that matter ■■■■■■■ Police all ■■■■ in the same pot, and are all about revenue raising in form of fines which are justifiable or (as in this case) not.

As for complaints about ■■■■ bottles and crap left, same old thing, the anti social ■■■■ dregs among us spoil it for the decent drivers.

Been restricted for at least the last 5 years. I did as you did, and was just about to go for a pint (I hadn’t noticed the signs) when a friendly Police car pulled up & warned me that the wardens go around the estate at least twice a night. I told him I had pulled the card, & he said put it back in and find somewhere else, and gave me his badge number in case I had any problems.